It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scared out of my mind...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by asjdwf

Not trying to be mean. I believe in premonitions and supernatural occurences but you might wanna see a psychologist. Some of your symptoms such as 'no emotion' and being on the 'sidelines' could actually be symptoms of depression. the bathroom mirror is eerie though and i believe you know better than anyone what you saw. just maybe talk to someone also. depression runs in my family and its not always 'i'm sad' its often times a feeling of extreme disconnect.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I would agree with a couple of other posters, "seek medical advise" and most importantly make sure you make mention of the rippling effect and disjoined feelings.

I suffer from constant migraine's and have felt some similar feelings while not ever actually having an headache,( rare though). Side effects of a combination of couple of my meds cause anxiety and disjoining.

If all is well, then really start investigating other options. I also recall not too long ago some made a post about time speeding up (too lazy to go searching for it tonight)and examining the bible reference of God cutting time short; theorizing that it may be the feeling of time speeding up instead of taking days away. Wondering; are you religious?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
...new parents often have adjustment issues... your reality changed dramatically three months ago... excercise cures a lot of complaints - work out, jog, go for a walk every day with your wife and baby... keep the tv off - classical music is soothing - limit your time online, especially on conspiracy sites, lol, and those that indulge paranoia...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I'll tell you exactly what it is. For starters stop drinking carbonated drinks (liquid candy full of CRAP) only drink water not tap water, buy a decent RO filter (GE Merlin). Drink plenty of good water. Dont TOUCH anything with artificial colors especially artificial sweetners (sounds to me like you have a new condition called "splenda head", and avoid preservatives that are nasty.. some good books will help you figure it out while grocery shopping. You think you have a good diet.. look at the ingredients in your food REALLY look at them and no.. you are ingesting poison so of course you are having hallucinations and who knows what else. Also remove scented items from your life.. did you know some scents/fragrance is composed of 500+ chemicals? Some are ilegal but the corporates are protected and don't have to disclose. Yeah in your bathroom.. what's in your toilet huh? A giant chemical bomb of crap.. again no wonder your hallucinating you are huffing poisonous gas! So what I'm saying is we can do nothing to help you, you must help yourself.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by reasonable]

[edit on 12-11-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Sounds like a panic attack to me, or something to do with disassociative disorder (sp?) go see a psycholiogist, they'll explain it to you, but don't take their medication unless you have a severe mental disorder since most mental health medicines are extremely dangerous

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It's happening to me too. Months ago I had cervical disorders, they gave me dizziness, and I felt like I was outside my body. These disorders had a lifetime of one to two months, but they already disappeared. But, a few weeks ago, I felt the same. No cervical disorders, no mirror effects (as I was not standing in front of a mirror when the feeling appeared, I can't say if that ripple effect happened). That feeling returned when I woke up. I was sleeping during the day. I feel, again, like I was outside my body. It's like I'm in and I'm not in. My arms and legs feel heavier, and I'm having serious problems with exams and related stuff. It's like something is missing, something I won't feel never again. Also, if I sleep during the day, the outsiding feeling gets stronger.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

Totally agree- it could be medication- SSRI's can cause 'Head Wooshes' / 'Head Shocks' and I would have thought any medication dealing with the 'Vascular' system should be regularly reviewed and monitored.

Were you LATE taking your medication?....Did you skip a dose?

A definite FIRST is to go to your Practitioner and explained the experience. I am 100% this is nothing paranormal.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm at the doctors office waiting to go in just thought I'd drop everyone a line. He said it sounds like one of my meds side effects may be kicking up a bit. I appreciate all the comments though.

AJ

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If you are "30 years old and in good health", may I ask what the meds are for???
I would consider good health to be no meds...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
There can be side effects to some psychoactive medications which are referred to as "sensory disturbances". This could account for the rippling effect of the mirror. I would let the prescribing physician determine this, as he might want to lower the dosage, or discontinue the medication.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ok doctor said it was one of my meds. He has since started to back me off of it slowly. The meds are for migraines that I've had since the age of 4. Now if I can just get past the always tired feeling of not being on the full medication...LOL.

Thank you all for your support.

AJ

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by asjdwf
Yeah, I'm at the doctors office waiting to go in just thought I'd drop everyone a line. He said it sounds like one of my meds side effects may be kicking up a bit. I appreciate all the comments though.

AJ

One of my Epilepsy medications did this to me. I never felt like myself, like a zombie. Changed my med and was all ok.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Really glad to see that it was an explainable and treatable problem. That should help you somewhat emotionally. Hope for the best for ya

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by asjdwf

Good deal. Since he is "weaning" you off your med, this generally implies there is a withdrawal syndrome associated with it, so be sure and follow through with the tapering off. Many meds can cause electrical disturbances, or "zaps", through the brain if you are not properly tapered off, and it's not very pleasant.

But I'm glad it was something this simple and easily correctable.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i had a moment like this too.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by asjdwf
YES! That's exactly where I am at. It's like I am living but it's not me living in my body! It all started with that ripple effect that I saw in the mirror in my bathroom too. It seems that time does go way too fast also. Take for instance the other night I left work at 8:22 pm and when I opened the garage door at home it was 9:14 pm. The only thing I actually remember about the trip home was getting into my car on the parking lot from work.

I also have no sense of hapiness or sadness, basically no emotions for some reason. It is just really getting scary.

AJ

Get into wakeboarding......you'll be smiling ear to ear.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
If you are "30 years old and in good health", may I ask what the meds are for???
I would consider good health to be no meds...

No offense to the TS, but it seems that people now days just look for something to take pills for.
Pretty soon there will be pills for people that take pills while they're waiting for their pills.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

One of my Epilepsy medications did this to me. I never felt like myself, like a zombie. Changed my med and was all ok.

I hear that mate,

I think my first epilepsy med they put me on was tegratol (I think).
It had severe psycological effects and I could no longer exercise on it,
which is very much a problem for I was only 13!
They then tried me on epilem (also used as an anti-deprss),
I could operate but my mood was Mono.. no ups or downs in emotion..
Maybe a year after being on 500-1500mgs everyday I was acting up (as a teenager does) and Took my brothers car to "drag" a friend (was only 14 at the time)
Long story short the police caught me racing, thankfully he was very nice and I got let off with a $400 fine.., he drop't me home and my mother was away for the evening and I was so guilty I took 80 of epilem tablets (starving for attention)
Mum came home to find me convulsing and promply found the empty epilem tablets strewn across the room.
Ambulance, Hospital for 3days, and all the rest...
I never even wanted to die.. but i just mindlessly almost chucked my life away..
Seek professional help and if they dont't understand.. goto someone else,
there is a way through!

My best wishes to you OP I hope you can get ontop of this.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The book of Lamentations? Seriously? I was raised on the Bible, and I have never heard of this.

Also, to the poster who commented that people just look for reasons to take meds (I know you didn't mean to be offensive, but) .... have you ever suffered untreated migraines? It is enough reason for anyone to seek medication... trust me on this one!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I just looked up the book of Lamentations. I guess it isn't as surprising as I first thought about not recognizing it... I was raised mainly on the New Testament. The content is familiar (based on a summary I just read) -- but why did the name seem so unfamiliar?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join