It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To stop the Large Headron Collider (LHC) is a priority: “Extradimensional Beings” could penetrat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

I'd like to point out something that I am convinced has added to the hysteria around the Higgs-boson particle. The god particle is short for "that god-d@mned particle", referring to the difficulty science has met in finding it. This colorful turn of phrase has enflamed the media and got people in a kerfuffle simply due to the assumed reasons behind it's name. if it were called the "twinkie" particle, would folks be quite so upset?
www.guardian.co.uk...

We have a spreadsheet at work called "that damned spreadsheet", due to it being such an unwieldy behemoth. It is NOT a spreadsheet listing the tortured souls of the damned.....

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Oh stop this nonsense..... centuries ago people feared steam-trains travelling at 20 mph was too fast for the human body to handle.

We need to seek out new discoveries, it's what makes us human.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

Originally posted by blue_fish
Yeah..I just saw this on yahoo.

news.yahoo.com...

The main stream media talking about a time traveling bird -
what are they really preparing us for -
if they are posting this?

While most scientists would write off the event as a freak accident, two esteemed physicists have formulated a theory that suggests an alternative explanation: perhaps a time-traveling bird was sent from the future to sabotage the experiment.

I suggested this on another thread the other day, but I was only joking!!!

This explanation by these scientists to counter this statement is as wacky as some ats predictions.

Many physicists say that Nielsen and Ninomiya's theory, while intellectually interesting, cannot be accurate because the event that the LHC is trying to recreate already happens in nature. Particle collisions of an energy equivalent to those planned in the LHC occur when high-energy cosmic rays collide with the earth's atmosphere. What's more, some scientists believe that the Tevatron accelerator at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (or Fermilab) near Chicago has already created Higgs bosons without incident; the Fermilab scientists are now refining data from their collisions to prove the Higgs' existence.

Nielsen counters that nature might allow a small number of Higgs to be produced by the Tevatron, but would prevent the production of the large number of particles the LHC is anticipated to produce. He also acknowledges that Higgs particles are probably produced in cosmic collisions, but says it's impossible to know whether nature has stopped a great deal of these collisions from happening. "It's possible that God avoids Higgs [particles] only when there are very many of them, but if there are a few, maybe He let's them go," he says.

Haha!!! Nature stops our production of Higgs particles, but allows others. "God lets them go" is about an unscientific statement as you could possibly make by attributing unknown to another unknown!

[edit on 11-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
reply to post by redoubt

I so agree!
10 billion seems pretty cheap to me after watching our government shell out 700 billion+ to banks and financial institutions. You do not know the possibilities that this experiment could bring about. Anywhere from maybe a new energy source, to understanding the way our world/universe works!

i have read several articles, and really haven't YET learned what the practical applications will be for the billions spent on the LHD. if you read them carefully, they are vague on how this will benefit mankind. i hate to think that this is being done for pure scientific curiousity, but so far, that is all i have been able to deduce. if there is someone here on ATS that knows, that has inside knowledge, please let me know.

and if it is discovering the HIGGS-BOSON particle, what will that discovery produce?...what does the micro-second burst of the HIGGS-BOSON do?
now what?? it's discovered, so everybody goes home? what has been achieved? 10 billion dollars could have built a massive amount of solar panels...now that would have been beneficial.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by jimmyx]

[edit on 11-11-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That's a little short-sighted, as it would help physicists determine the theory of everything.

Quantum physics has helped us with digital electronics.

Did Max Planck in 1900 realise the exact potential of his own discoveries? I highly doubt it!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

So let me get this straight. A time traveling bird from the future comes back to stop the LHC? I guess this means that mankind is destroyed and the only thing left in the future is a mutated bird of super-intelligence that flies back through time to drop a bread crumb on a power buss-bar, to stop the LHC from destroying mankind in the first place, thereby negating the need for the bird to make that long and arduous trip back to save mankind?

Is that what you are worrying about? This time-loop thing is giving me a headache. I think that I will go to bed and wait for the end of the world.
See you in 2013...I hope.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Here I was, really expecting this thread to be about the videogame half life (1).

Also, two lines

[edit on 13-11-2009 by mdiinican]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
What the LHC is doing is what happens every single second on earth, and more powerful than the LHC. Where are the inter-dimensional beings? black holes coming to gobble us up? The only difference is the LHC is doing it in a controlled environment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join