It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why lie about an advanced civilization?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Forgive me - I'm very new to this field of study. (Alas, my bookshelf is not as prolific as I would like...I primarily have interest in Vedic texts - which I am still saving up for.)

I used to read a lot of different books on ancient aliens myself, but after looking at some fo the so called evidences and researching some of the claims, I've become somewhat disillusioned and felt like I had been had.

As for the original premise of why so many people "lie" about the Annunaki origins, is it possible that they were merely the abondoned children of the Annunaki, stuggling to come to terms with their own self identity after generations upon generations of being raised by increasingly nomadic tribes - where the oral tradition of the origin stories may not have been uniform and transmuted over time into our compounded modern texts?

So in effect, the original history could be muddied and confused by the longest ever game of 'telephone' in human history?

That's one approach to try and explain where I'm coming from...while I do not doubt the profound influence the Annunaki had on the Cradle of Civilization by any means, but I also believe there have been other advanced races who have - over the generations and in other regions - taken it upon themselves to influence mankind in some way, shape or form - though not nessecarily in the same fashion as the Annunaki.

But why would these alien races come to this planet to influence us without making themselves explicitly known? We can't claim a 'prime directive' as they would be influencing mankind.

As far as explaining the Multiverse and things like superintelligent shades of blue, I'd be getting into the realm of mysticism, and I am by no means able to explain these higher elevated concepts at this point in time.

You lost me at super-intelligent shades of blue.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
After chatting in a couple of threads I started to wonder, why would governments, archeologists and scientists all lie about some wonderful advanced ancient civilization?

Or, to put it another way. Why would those promoting books about some wonderful advanced ancient civilisation lie about them?

One has a monetary incentive. The other does not.

Why would Michael Tellinger claim that Great Zimbabwe was built by space aliens 260,000 years ago whillst archeaologists for the past 100+ years have been claiming it was built by black Africans 800 years ago.

(see for example www.wendag.com... and compare with en.wikipedia.org... )

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Essan]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

One has a monetary incentive. The other does not.

That's half my problem, the people who claim to have 'discovered the truth' that our governments are 'hiding' are the one's making the money. They have the incentive to lie to people, but I can't find the incentive for the government to lie to us. That is the purpose of this inquiry, to discover if or what incentive or motive the governments of the world would have for covering up what these people making money selling books and videos are claiming.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Im a firm believer that human civilization has risen to great heights in the past only to fall. I wonder if it has something to do with usury based society, and that perhaps the end result is always self destruction as we blow ourselves back into the stone age. Only to start it over again and again, and again.

If we can prove this type of system only results in mutually self assured destruction, it would be something they wouldn't want us to know.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
My guess is that many inevitable catastrophic events on a global scale have occurred throughout the history of humanity, and perhaps another is due to arrive in the not so distant future, so in hopes of preventing a widespread panic, those in the know keep this information to themselves, while preparing for this by building shelters miles under the earth, stockpiling the necessary rudiments of survival, or perhaps even a long sojourn in space aboard a large space station, where they can stay until the earth becomes inhabitable once again.
Supposedly, we have climbed up from the birth of civilization to the modern technological civilization we are in now, in 12,000 or so years.
Right around that time there was an epic flood, recorded in many cultures. The flood has been blamed on tectonic plate activity resulting in an earthquake, but could it have been caused by something else, such as an asteroid colliding with the water in the region?
Coincidentally, or not, the history of China goes back about 12,000 years too. To me that would signify that a catastrophic global event occurred.
Human beings were around for hundreds of thousands of years before that, and since we've been able to get to where we are now in 12,000 years, it would make sense to me that we would have been able to evolve technologically and socially to the degree we are today, many, many times over.
Maybe advanced civilizations of the past worked with more natural and biodegradable materials that we do now, with our large dependence on petroleum based products... (and as I look around this room, I am ashamed of how much plastic I see...)(... ahem, anyway) if they used biodegradable materials, natural materials, they would be much more easily reabsorbed into the earth, thus it would be extremely hard to find such evidence.
Think about this: if the entire planet knew that such an event may be taking place in the somewhat near future, what would people want to do? Prepare for their own survival and the survival of their families, stockpile goods necessary to survive... imagine how that would affect all unnecessary purchasing.
A lot of people might just give up.
If the only people who would survive such a catastrophe were those who could afford to dig & build a mile deep in the earth, well... most of the population would be out of luck and that would cause all sorts of problems for all of those at the top.
If you think about it, how could they afford to tell anyone?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

After chatting in a couple of threads I started to wonder, why would governments, archeologists and scientists all lie about some wonderful advanced ancient civilization? Why would they lie about being created by the Annunaki? What purpose would it serve to lie about any of these conspiracy claims at all? I just can't see any logical reason or purpose served for doing so, and so I am asking the ATS community if they can explain what purpose would be served by lying and covering this up from the rest of the population on the planet. I just find it really questionable and odd that only those few who are "finding the truth" do so by selling books and paid entry lectures. Seems more reasonable to assume they are the real conspirators taking our hard earned money by fabricated truths.

True idenfication of un priecvable spiecies will happen once all exposed to any form of similar radiation particles(neutronic). Some spiecies are still simply unpriecievable to humans even in their natural state - more than likely only able themselves to exist here temporarily. multiple scientient species have lived on this planet for as long as a billion years ago. that also includes scentoids from their planets. humans are the original source of bipedalism in this solar system the revolution of life starting on the first habitable planet in the solar system(the primordial earth) volcanicly overmarshy young mars over 1 billion years ago. mars would have taken a bit longer to initialy heat up however was interupted by a form of vaporisation of most of the thing on the surface. like a nucleonic shockwave of thousands of megatons of force happened on the surface of the planet at one time i mean something major enough to essentialy fry the mostly smoggy atmoshpere(methane,carbone mononoxide,nitrogen) would have been eatin away by something that ingnited it but also fried the surface at the same time. only saving grace for the planet mars was that the sun wasnt close enough to vaporise the water on the planet with its heat so the water collected at the poles and simply cyrstalised in the cold envirnment - the water on mars is mostly used to be broken down into its most basic elements to make the most use of it from the hydrogen + oxygen combination both would be used to make something else - hydrogen was further broken down into individual particles(basicly things like quarks, isotopes, neutron count orbititing each atomic cluster on the outer skins of the molecules themselves like the hydrogen atom its atomic value basicly be able to inject a formulation matrix into just one of them and create basicly any single item they currently desired at the time - from machinery to food - bascily the people on mars learned to shed all forms of consumtion of any form of a 'fuel' to create energy. with an umlimited power humanity could live with almost 50 billion on this planet if they had to. but small envirnments - dwellings single food centers not multimple a single store to service all your needs would eliminate lots of buildings - people would even be able to work as minumum wage visioners that would use a current methodology to fomulate ideas for certain people. humanit could be evenly spread out if they had to accross even what would appear as barren land - like any habitable empty feild could be formed into a small cuminity of several thousand people. major cities at least some of them are extremly overcrowded - there are simply too many people in a certain location in a city - a disaster would affect a major citiy one with condensed populations the hardest not the suburbane interior ones.

one major thing for humans to yet precieve would be their inherent sucsesor in their current lifetime(within the next 50 years). the next evulionary cycle of the scientientness of humanity - humanity is the origination of most forms of scientent being in this solar system however - increased beingism would break the rules of eterniality and would form into a new species. any form of evolutionised individual would be emediatly chastised for their differencisms(not in the form of anything really bad you would still be able to get along with people in everyday life). the original evolutionary beings would be the first to distinguish themselves (like a return of a jesus figure for example). regardless of identification humantiy would seriously concider the different spiecies as a threat if it started reproducing in large numbers - eventually the new scientoid method of breeding would be effiecient yet much less time comsuming than current human forms of what one would call the complete act of courtship. 2 scentiods would simply get together mate and usually 100 percent of the time generate offspring if needed and also in the form of multiple births at once(generaly in pairs of offspring). generations would quodroople the growth of human census rates. humans would ultimaly try genocide if things became overly threatening for them. nuetral and sterisiation post - basicly would in essence use surgical means to keep stop fertility in these individuals. however by the time the humans were able to kill all of the offending spiecies would be contacted by yet even other forms of life forms(from even all forms of deitistic forms) mostly in the people being repossesed by angles and deamons (the armies of death and rebirth) the undead armry uses the fallen angles to create more of themselves.

deitistic beings would all have physical representations in the life as well though - light based beings would be tall and slender - water based would be shorter and extremly agile - land based would be pure bipedalisim only.

information is being with held by an elite few of intellectules - a group simply ellected simply because of their priecieved greatness in thsemselves. basicly super smart people. funny thing is though that the truth shows istelf whether one wants or doesnt want it to eventually - an even would cause all other forms of life to become visable for a short times and also the gateways between the realms would be open as well for a while - natural based portals on earth (from a precieved heavem) to hell itself. exposure of all these ideas would be required for people to be able to move on and adapt to new things.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thing is, as a scientist my view is that science IS our approximation of reality. Saying that a huge worldwide group of scientists would cover up evidence is like saying that we are really all just mind controlled.

Most scientists are athiest or weak/strong agnostics - they have no axe to grind. They just want to find the truth.

If you have ever spent any time working with scientists you would know, we are normal people who happen to have the coolest jobs in the world; finding out what's real and what's not. We don't care about the answer, it's the process that's exciting.

If I couldfind evidence of atlantis, aliens or contrails I would be the first to jump at it and publish my conclusive findings in nature. I would be world renowned, going down in history as the "one" who made the discovery... but yeah, I'd rather put my head in the sand and spend the rest of my life studying things I know are false. Seriously? Have you people ever thought this through?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

For me, the mentality behind this defies all logic and I would honestly love to here any idea's on why this would occur considering people are more prone to sensationalizing themselves and their discoveries to lay claim to fame rather than hide them from the rest of the world.

Let's look at how easily this is done.

In this thread: 'Something may come through' dimensional 'doors' at LHC

It is said:

A top boffin at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) says that the titanic machine may possibly create or discover previously unimagined scientific phenomena, or "unknown unknowns" - for instance "an extra dimension".

It's not that they may find something, it is the fact that they said "unimagined" as if somehow they scientifically know that nobody else has even thought or imagined what could happen.

If you believe in evolution (belief, not just theorize) and think that the world only just began so many number of years ago, and that this is the one and only evolution that has ever possibly existed... then "unimagined scientific phenomena" may seem like something to you and others like this that brings a lot of excitement!

I call it being ignorant, and I respect any scientist that denies such ignorance.

If they want something that is "unimagined" than how about they come up with something other than a world where there is infinite time, where there is no start and no end. Where scientist claim that the start of our world cannot be numbered as no start exists. Always was and always will be. Oh wait, that's exactly what they want to... how did you say it... "cover-up."

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I would want to hide Atlantis because I would want to loot it when it re-emerged as the story says it did. I would also want to keep any Atlantean descendents who had been on walkabout away because its alot of land.

Today if I was a person with mythological power I would want to maintain status quo. I would like the way the world has divided itself up into a self sustaining business for my war industries and services. The Atlantis region holds answers to the greatest questions we’ve ever had so maybe there wouldn’t be anything left to fight over?

I should point out that the National Geological Institute of Romania, a European Union country, announced last November at the International Atlantis Conference in Athens that they had found it [you can see it! its really big!]. No interviews accepted. No book deals sought. They just thought everyone should know.

So there you have it. The very type of scientists that are usually the first to tear down silly ideas [ geologists] are saying that oops… science forgot something that they DID know not too long ago… and ps… when your government allows you to look, you find really neet stuff.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parta
I should point out that the National Geological Institute of Romania, a European Union country, announced last November at the International Atlantis Conference in Athens that they had found it [you can see it! its really big!]. No interviews accepted. No book deals sought. They just thought everyone should know.

There is an expression on kids faces when we teach them something new and they go on and try to do it themselves, they jump up off the floor, clap their hands, and say as best they can, "I did it!" The smile and the joy passes back onto the parents, and then they all clap together as one big happy family.

If it didn't seem like an accomplishment, then what happiness is there to enjoy?

Maybe some cover-up "imagined" ideas and "discovered" places just to experience th joy again to imagine it again or to discover it again like it never was done before. It's like ways to make time meaningful again.

Hmm. Maybe we should make interviews and books every time a kid stands up and says, "I did it!"

[edit on 17-11-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
i am not aware of any other national government institution anywhere ever having said they had found it.

perhaps to a stupid child this would appear to be just another silly game, i do not know. i do know there are now alot of smart children working away on it.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

I agree there are more smart ones actively involved apropos Atlantis. There seems more discoveries made when Atlantis is viewed more as one or more societies rather than only one civilization of just Atlanteans.

I even wondered about if the Accadians had anything to do with Mars.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
poor Atlantis. what did it ever do to deserve aliens and nazis. and vampires. i almost forgot the vampires.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Parta]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

Vampires? Could that be something about the history of the Canaanites? I mean, those fond of the Canaanites seem to group such histories together. I even question if Judas was really part of the original stories about Jesus. A particular verse from the quote on my profile comment seems to piece it together for what still goes on today: "One day others may try to convince you they have forgiven you, that is more about them than you. For them, imparting forgiveness is a blessing."

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

there is another topic just below about vampires being the descendents of Atlantis.

the Atlantis region would contain a rather large and famous walled garden which survived the flood which destroyed Atlantis proper. the gauyauti or gauti traditions can be traced to it. this includes the mesopotamians, pre and dynastic egyptians, iranians and greekishs/hebrews at least

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I haven't watched SG:A to get into some of that discussion of that thread. I didn't even start to watch the SG series until this year, and still haven't finished it. People claim a lot of mainstream ideas are based on the SG series, and I can disagree with that since I thought about or heard of those ideas before I even watched the series. Somehow I think it was expected to be a easy excuse to simply say so-and-so ideas are from some sci-fi series, which attempts to discredit the idea in everybody that watched it.

Stargate S-05 E-05 "Red Sky" seems to relate to this thread in a way, at least for a few things mentioned here. Eh, I'll skip the details.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

After chatting in a couple of threads I started to wonder, why would governments, archeologists and scientists all lie about some wonderful advanced ancient civilization? Why would they lie about being created by the Annunaki? What purpose would it serve to lie about any of these conspiracy claims at all? I just can't see any logical reason or purpose served for doing so, and so I am asking the ATS community if they can explain what purpose would be served by lying and covering this up from the rest of the population on the planet. I just find it really questionable and odd that only those few who are "finding the truth" do so by selling books and paid entry lectures. Seems more reasonable to assume they are the real conspirators taking our hard earned money by fabricated truths.

I knew a women once who was more than a clairvoyant...
...she was more a Medium, but a quite large Medium.

She did not like to be possessed by the spirits, she hated the loss of personal soveriegnty...
...and even hated them being around too close or too long...
...because she became physically drained, exhausted or fatigued.

But she did not rid herself of them either...want to know why?

They gave her identity, provided information and 'secrets'...
...it was all a lie of course...
...they had taken her captive, given her a false sense of power...
...promised much and provided little real value...
...they say they know the future but told her some rubbish about not being able to personally benefit from her craft...
...but it was ok to use it to capture others.

It is a cargo cult...without the cargo.
They trade in lies, illusions and promises.
All goodness and light on the way in...with the treat of catastophy if you want out.

World government are not hiding an advanced civilization...
...they are being used the same way...by the same entities...
...to provide resources...
...for the spawn of The Watchers who were sent to Watch Over Us...
...in exchange for promises that are illusions and lies.

Trouble is governments are so committed by the time they work it out...
...that it's too late to get out...
...and like bad doctors who bury their mistake...
...they bury the truth beneath black-ops, Top Secret and 'need to know' masquerades...
...and any whisle-blowers get neutralized by those who still think it's legit.

The Alien Hypothesis is rubbish...
...they are the Watchers and their biological monsters...
...who they have been creating using our earth's biological diversity.

What are they planning?
They will Disclose themselves, and convince most of the world they are ET...
...they are preparing an army...
...they will prepare the world to repel another ET invader who they convince us is evil...
...and wants to replace us for our planets resources.

But it is all an elaborate lie...
...and we have been warned.

"And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army..." Revelation 19:19

Governments can't tell you becaused they are so embarraced that they have been conned.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas
I haven't watched SG:A to get into some of that discussion of that thread. I didn't even start to watch the SG series until this year, and still haven't finished it. People claim a lot of mainstream ideas are based on the SG series, and I can disagree with that since I thought about or heard of those ideas before I even watched the series. Somehow I think it was expected to be a easy excuse to simply say so-and-so ideas are from some sci-fi series, which attempts to discredit the idea in everybody that watched it.

Stargate S-05 E-05 "Red Sky" seems to relate to this thread in a way, at least for a few things mentioned here. Eh, I'll skip the details.

hasn't anyone warned you about canadian tv? its sorta like videodrome but your brain shrinks down to the size of a skittle and maple syrup fills up the empty space. beware unless you really like pancakes.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Governments and scientists may not be doing so much of covering up as they are in just Not Publishing their findings.

Scientists do ignore artifacts and events that they cannot explain, because explaining is what they do. If they can't explain it why talk about it at all?
From time to time one of them does make a great discovery or devlops a theory. Unfortunately they are subject to the opinions of their "peers" and nothing gets published without that "peer review".

Why were these kept a secret?
And they are found all over the world.
They are evident in some Egyptian Mummies.
This is an interesting article about them.
Dolichocephaloids
They were found a long time ago.
Where are they in human evolution? If there was such...
They have been on the web for a very long time also...I think since 1998.
Here for artistic renderings

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think we have been lied to because of a few complex reasons:

1. Religion. If they let everyone believe that there were civilizations before us --- would Christianity and many other religions exist with such a massive following? I don't think so.

2. People don't want to face reality that they are a phase in Earth's history. They like to think we are the most complex beings in the entire universe and "True children of God".

3. So far, not a whole lot of so-called scientific proof is present for these civilizations. Most of proof that we have is mainly through some channeling's and Remote viewing or similar methods. Not quite the methods our scientific community today acknowledges. Do you think if they gave credit to these sources, they'd have a lot of monetary professions that exist today? (I apologize - I don't know a lot about the details of proof - just did a quick research).

4. Change. For many time, people have know Atlantis to be a myth. If they make the knowledge of these civilizations known, they won't be myths anymore. They'd be reality. Are we ready to accept reality as a society?

There might be various other reasons that the story exists the way it does today. These were some just on the top of my head.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join