It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Terminator ad banner.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Not sure if this is just me but that ad is extremely annoying. All you have to do is run the cursor over it and a huge popout appears. I dont mind the ads, but i do mind the popouts, can anything be done about it or do we have to live with it?.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thank you thank you for mentioning this.....it's driving me *nuts*. Can't we just get rid of it, please Mr Sceptic Overlord? *holding my breath*

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Or just disable the popout part of the ad, if thats even possible please.
Worst ad ever.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Several of us have also mentioned this ad in Skeptic Overlord's Ad Hit List thread. In my past experience with particularly annoying ads here, he's pretty quick to get the real bad ones out of rotation, so I would guess this one will be gone sometime today.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Ahh, i had not thought of that thread.
Oh well *waits patiently*

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Perhaps I am just missing it.. I am running my cursor all other the page and I have never seen any popups or popouts - or annoying ads for that matter. The only 'ad' I see is the twitter ad at the top of the page and thats it. Nothing else.i don't even think that's a real ad.. just a fancy link.Perhaps its just Ad Block Plus for firefox doing it's job.

If you use Firefox and have lots of spammy ad trouble, give the free Ad Block Plus a try.. it's about the only tool I swear by - it always works. Nothing Internet Explorer has (that I have tried) even comes close to the firefox and ad block combination.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
If you use Firefox and have lots of spammy ad trouble, give the free Ad Block Plus a try.. it's about the only tool I swear by - it always works. Nothing Internet Explorer has (that I have tried) even comes close to the firefox and ad block combination.

Thankyou

ive just download adblock plus and.....................no annoying adverts. Ill spread the word, hopefully advertisers will get the message if more of us do this.

thanks again.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I kinda liked it ... I had to read this thread to know it existed, then once I knew I could not stop rolling over it. Addictive.

Maybe I am a closet pyromaniac.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
I kinda liked it ... I had to read this thread to know it existed, then once I knew I could not stop rolling over it. Addictive.

Maybe I am a closet pyromaniac.

Thats interesting, i guess you have a TV ! (I dont) You tend to find that the more people watch adverts, the more they are likely to enjoy them. It's like religion, once your mind has accepted the meme it becomes part of your personality.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

Nice try - I own a TV but only watch movies and series that do not have adverts included. ie purchased off the net

I think if the Ad just isn't in a place that I move my mouse regularly. If so then I would also be annoyed if it kept on popping up.

Now I am looking for it again so I can see the Fire!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think its gone now, i have not seen it this morning. If it is thanks for removing it

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember

Nice try - I own a TV but only watch movies and series that do not have adverts included. ie purchased off the net

I think if the Ad just isn't in a place that I move my mouse regularly. If so then I would also be annoyed if it kept on popping up.

Now I am looking for it again so I can see the Fire!

Ah...the fire meme....say no more

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

No, by all means ... say more. Fire meme?

A meme (pronounced /ˈmiːm/, rhyming with "cream"[1]) is a postulated unit of cultural ideas, symbols or practices, which can be transmitted from one mind to another through speech, gestures, rituals or other imitable phenomena

en.wikipedia.org...

Explain the relationship (fire, meme, and me)?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The Terminator ad is really pissing me off!

I understand the need for ad's but they should not intefere with normal navigation and enjoyment of the site.

Grrrrrr!!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
What me and the Panda think of the Terninator.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9ee72384ddd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I haven't seen it since yesterday after we all posted. So a Big thank you if it's gone for good.

I am glad we brought the panda into it.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

It's not gone.

I think we need more pandas, with bigger guns.

EDIT: I think you're right it has gone.

Way to go panda, Oh' and SO i guess he helped lol

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Agent-ATS]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent-ATS

*grumble* *grumble*

darn homicidal Pandas

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Dont grumble about the panda, or next time his needed ill keep him in his cage lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent-ATS

Do I have to say it?

[in scary voice]

... it's baaack...

but now it's starting to annoy me too cos for reason my mouse pointer seems sexually attracted to that part of the screen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join