It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a left, or right brain thinker? Find out here which hemisphere is most dominant.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Not very surprising results-

Here it goes-

Out of 69 people who have posted their results

L R

17 52

The people who scored 50/50 are added to both scores, that's why the result is 2 over.

I really am not surprised...

But this result only counts for people who have posted in this thread. Who knows, maybe the left brain thinkers are lurking elsewhere...

Interesting enough though.

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

So what did you get out of this? Do most conspiracy theorists operate from the right hemisphere according to your results or what were you trying to determine overall?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

I was actually hoping that most conspiracy theorists would be left brained as that would be the logical way of thinking...But it's difficult to determine an accurate result because each persons percentages are different for the various categories...

So, the most I can say, is that right brain thinkers rely more on a 'hunch' or their 'intuition' than the 'facts' presented.

For example- Right Brain thinkers focus more on how a person says things (their tone) than what they are actually saying. I can vouch for that! That way, I can tell most of the time if a person is lying or what their true intentions are.

Left Brain / Right Brain

Logical
Sequential/ Random

Rational/ Intuitive

Analytical/ Holistic,Synthesizing

Objective/ Subjective

Looks at parts/ Looks at wholes

So, when looking at a 'conspiracy' a right brain thinker will try put the whole picture together and see if the 'facts' fit.

Whereas a Left Brain thinker will focus on Individual 'facts' and use that as their argument...Whether or not the facts ad up and make sense.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

makes sense
lucky to be middle of the road

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
has anyone heard the old lefty joke? Right-handers use the left side of their brain, and left-handers use the right side of the brain. So that means that left-handers are in their right mind.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think I learned somewhere that the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and vice versa. So does that mean if your right handed, like myself, you can use your left hand to say write your name if you can get better at thinking with the right side??

lol I hope I made myself clear.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fink_91
I think I learned somewhere that the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and vice versa.

That is correct. And yes, you can use tactics such as what you described to stimulate one side of the brain. A friend of mine is quite good in developing exercises for that purpose. I'll try to make her post here. But it's really easy anyway: you can just cover one eye, for example, to stimulate the other side of the brain. Or try writing with the hand you're not used writing with.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I know I'm right brained, but I tested anyway...

I got 15 right brained questions and only 3 left brained questions

And on the creativity test I scored 35% for left and 65% for right.

And it was tough to see that girl going anti-clockwise, I had to blink to get her to go that way.

My desk at home is a heap of papers and drawings all thrown about, but I know where everything is.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
on the first test I got 15 right brain answers and 3 left brain answers. The dancer turns clockwise for me, and I CANNOT get it to go counterclockwise! I didn't do the 2nd test.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Nice thread, interesting. Apparantly i'm a right brain person.

You responded as a right brained person to 10 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 8 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

Left Brain Right Brain

46% 54%

Your Left Brain Percentages

48% Linear (Your most dominant characteristic)

30% Logical

27% Sequential

25% Symbolic

20% Reality-based

14% Verbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

Your Right Brain Percentages

56% Random (Your most dominant characteristic)

48% Fantasy-oriented

28% Concrete

19% Nonverbal

18% Holistic

15% Intuitive (Your least dominant characteristic)

I think the tests were pretty accurate, there were a couple of things that were contradictory though, like here....

Under the left brain analysis it says this....

You are not a verbal person. When you process your thoughts, you tend to use very few words, preferring instead to illustrate a problem or solution. You often find yourself in situations where it is hard for you to "find the right words." Upon reading or hearing new information, you must first create a "mental video" before you can process and understand the information of your thoughts. For example, when giving directions, you probably use many gestures with your hands such as pointing and leaning, and also refer to visual structures such as "a McDonalds" or "the big tree" instead of street names or exact mileage.

And under the right brain analysis, it says this.....

You have little ability in nonverbal processing. When you process your thoughts and ideas you mainly use words instead of illustrations. For example, if you were giving directions you may say, "Continue traveling west for 3 miles and turn north at the intersection." You would give exact, logical directions in a very sequential manner.

I refer to the parts that I bolded about how i would give directions. But all in all I think it was pretty accurate.

I don't know what's goin on with that video test though, i can't figure out if i'm left, or right brained with that video because she keeps changing directions on her own

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Alright... First, the video... The only thing I see is a woman who, while anchored and pivoting on her left foot, is leading with her right arm and right foot to her right; this would be clockwise to me... After a few distractions, it appeared to jump into the reverse, but for me, there are enough details (directional pointing of the hands, the ponytail, the breasts, buttocks) that give a clear enough picture in which my mind automatically orients the dancing woman in one singular posture, and then spins her. I did try to view it whilst imposing a reverse motion, but my mind just wouldn't have it...... then again, I'm the guy that took four years to "get" those "Magic Eye 3-D" pictures, so take it for whatever it's worth to you.

Now, the second test:
You responded as a right brained person to 10 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 8 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

And here's the breakdown of the last test

46% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
35% Sequential
27% Verbal
27% Reality-based
22% Linear
17% Symbolic (Your least dominant characteristic)

55% Concrete (Your most dominant characteristic)
36% Holistic
36% Fantasy-oriented
24% Intuitive
23% Random
19% Nonverbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

And the Overall for this test was
Left Brain 50%
Right Brain 51%

Fair enough... seems like I am a middle-of-the-road type when it comes to processing and reacting to data and, from the little that I have gleaned from the followup info, utilizing these different areas as close to equal is, to some level, desireable. Fine. I wouldn't argue that at all, though I have one small issue....

How is it that I am 50% on my Left and 51% on my Right? The test was not long, but the analysis is superficially thorough enough. Was my mamma right all along? Do I just have a little something extra that makes me special, or are these figures, and therefore the test, suspect?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I think you will probably find that you have a nice balance between the two. This is probably why you have trouble with the vid.

I also have a good balance but see the girl moving clockwise. When she eventually does flip counter clockwise, I find it difficult to get her to switch back. I literally have to smack myself on the head or walk away for a minute to get her back to 'normal'.

The descriptions may come out a bit inaccurate at times because the questions you answer are somewhat circumstantial. That's why I got different percentages the two times I did the test. Some things are only valid sometimes. (See, I have a hard time finding the right words, & as a result I ramble,lol)

Do the test again and see what comes out of it.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
1st Test :

5 right 13 left (72% left)

2nd test:

Left Brain Right Brain
73% 27%

54% Verbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
47% Reality-based
40% Sequential
37% Linear
25% Symbolic
25% Logical (Your least dominant characteristic)

25% Nonverbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
24% Holistic
20% Fantasy-oriented
6% Random
5% Intuitive
0% Concrete (Your least dominant characteristic)

Dancer: Started clockwise but i can make it change either way with ease

The tests gave very close % which i guess makes them reliable, also i identify with their analysis

[edit on 24-11-2009 by The Legacy]

[edit on 24-11-2009 by The Legacy]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
reply to post by GenLo

I was actually hoping that most conspiracy theorists would be left brained as that would be the logical way of thinking...

Seems more likely to me that conspiracy theorists would be right brained as they are more imaginative and present possiblilities.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The problem I had with the the RBLB tests was the vagueness of the questions. Many of them I would have answered differently depending on the situation. These sorts of test piss me off. Maybe cause I'm both.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Yeah, like me

The way I see it, left brainers look at singular facts, where as Right brainers look at the facts as a whole & then put the pieces together.

Left brain is supposed to be the logical side, but the right brained way of thinking seems to be more logical to me. But, maybe that's just because I'm right brained! lol.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Left Brain Right Brain
45% 55%

40% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)

40% Fantasy-oriented (Your most dominant characteristic)

You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9 questions.

Interesting stuff. Thanks!

Oh and the dancer initially goes clockwise for me, but I can easily get the dancer to go whichever way I choose.

I always score middle, middle of everything it seems. That Briggs-Meyers stuff, you name it. My overall summary of all these results is that it's both good and bad to be this way.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Seems Us right brainers are definitely a majority on this site! Thanks for taking part in my little experiment.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

The problem I had with the the RBLB tests was the vagueness of the questions. Many of them I would have answered differently depending on the situation. These sorts of test piss me off. Maybe cause I'm both.

I have been saying this the whole time... The answers to the questions are circumstantial. Do the test twice and see what you come up with.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
That was a cool test. -

The results show your brain dominance as being:

Left Brain: 47%
Right Brain: 53%

37% Linear (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Verbal
27% Sequential
20% Reality-based
17% Symbolic
17% Logical (Your least dominant characteristic)

39% Intuitive (Your most dominant characteristic)
36% Fantasy-oriented
25% Nonverbal
23% Random
19% Concrete
18% Holistic (Your least dominant characteristic)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join