It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a left, or right brain thinker? Find out here which hemisphere is most dominant.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlassOfWater
On all 3 tests I scored right brain.

I tried to make the dancer turn counter-clockwise, couldn't do it.

On the second test I scored 14 questions with the Right Brain and 4 questions with the Left Brain.

On the third test, I got a left brain % of 38 and a right brain % of 62.

LOL interessting, just like my result

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living?

I'm an artist :-)

so - yes - makes a certain amount of sense - but I still need to function in the real world

besides - I kinda dig reality

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
OMG that was freaky! I was looking at the woman and could only see her going clockwise, then all of a sudden it went the other way. I thought it was a trick and kept replaying it to see if it changed but it didnt. Really weird. No I can onl see it clockwise again.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
And the Resulsts Are:

You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist.

Left Brain Right Brain
45% 55%

Your Left Brain Percentages

40% Verbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Reality-based
30% Logical
25% Symbolic
22% Sequential
11% Linear (Your least dominant characteristic)

Your Right Brain Percentages

39% Random (Your most dominant characteristic)
32% Nonverbal
32% Fantasy-oriented
30% Holistic
29% Intuitive
19% Concrete (Your least dominant characteristic)

Now I should add this is very much the way I have always been, so it was neat to see this!

Be In Peace

EDIT: I am also left handed.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Asmus]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asmus
And the Resulsts Are:

You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist.

Left Brain Right Brain
45% 55%

40% Verbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Reality-based
30% Logical
25% Symbolic
22% Sequential
11% Linear (Your least dominant characteristic)

39% Random (Your most dominant characteristic)
32% Nonverbal
32% Fantasy-oriented
30% Holistic
29% Intuitive
19% Concrete (Your least dominant characteristic)

Now I should add this is very much the way I have always been, so it was neat to see this!

Be In Peace

EDIT: I am also left handed.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Asmus]

I am right handed and more right brained than you. I wander what is up with that.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have read about a lot of actual studies, not simply pop science, and what right- or left-brainedness means to a researcher is which part of your brain hosts your verbal skills. It has nothing to do with so-called cognitive style.

For most people, the left side hosts your verbal capacity and is therefore dominant. Those who are right-brained are usually either one half of a set of mirror-image twins (and their organs are on the "wrong" sides; even their fingerprints whorl in the opposite direction) or people who have suffered brain damage to their left brain. The right side will pick up the slack.

Neither side has to do with creativity or intuition or any of the nonsense you'll read in magazines.

So in most everyone, the right side is nonverbal, the left is verbal. The right sees only shapes and angles whereas the left recognizes patterns. The left side handles fine motor skills like writing, drawing, or sewing, and the right handles gross motor skills like running, waving, etc.

There's a lot of differences, but it's silly when people brag about one or the other being dominant because it's almost impossible to isolate the hemispheres (the research is usually done with people who've had their corpus collosum severed to treat seizures). Nor would you want to.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I got 9 left and 9 right - but apparently I'm still left brained. I did an eye test recently that also suggested I am left left brained. Interesting stuff though.

I work as a graphic designer - but I also get hired for a lot of precision jobs. So the 50/50 thing makes a lot of sense to me.

IRM

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Pretty cool test how its broken down in the summary.

Left Brain: 49%
Right Brain:51%.. damn, was hoping for an even 50/50.

40% Sequential (Your most dominant characteristic)
37% Linear
30% Logical
27% Verbal
20% Reality-based
0% Symbolic (Your least dominant characteristic)

(on the symbolic)
"Tasks such as memorizing vocabulary words or mathematical formulas are more difficult for you."
I have to say, I hate math but still find it interesting, its not that hard, I just don't like doing it. I feel spelling has always been a strength for me too so I don't know. A lot of these tests I feel are a little inaccurate in the sense that the questions can often be misunderstood.

48% Intuitive (Your most dominant characteristic)
46% Concrete
32% Fantasy-oriented
30% Holistic
12% Random
7% Nonverbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

As for the spinning lady, she wants to spin clockwise, thats her natural course. I can easily get her to spin the other way.. its like, something clicks and you almost blank out with your focus in this spot of your head temporarily. Hard to describe..kind of like flipping a switch. When I first started meditating 3 years ago I was playing with focusing on different parts on my brain.. like closing your eyes and moving your attention around. What I found was there was a spot that felt like it was in the "upper left".. as if my eyes were looking forward, left and up.. but not.. again.. hard to explain...but I found there was a sweet spot that once I put my attention there it would help to keep focused and reduce incoming random internal speech.

Play around, see what you can find up there. You might even find the off switch, ha.

Anyways, oh yeah.. forgot to mention, once I got her to reverse direction, i'd have to keep focused on her, if my mind wandered even a little she would revert back.

Fun stuff. I used to know of other little tests like this, maybe I can find some.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by CavemanDD]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Yea that doesnt work for me, just changes direction of its own accord. Watched it all the way through twice now and it starts off for about the first 30 seconds going clockwise, then it just alternates between clockwise & anti-clockwise every 10 seconds...

I admit if I stare at it too long then it will start to alternate for me as well.

Originally posted by Bluebelle
I think I might have been dropped on my head as a baby

Well I have read a lot of your posts... If people who are dropped on their heads think and speak like you, I think we should start dropping everyone on their heads.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

the first video, definitely right brained..i couldn't even imagine how it would turn widdershins lol

on the creativity test it 67% right brain to 37% left haha

interestingly enough the hemispheric dominance test showed up as left brained 100% with no answers made as a right brain thinker and all answer made as a left brain thinker

edited: for grammatical errors lol

[edit on 11-11-2009 by bandaidctrl]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Right Brain questions 10 Left Brain 8

Left Brain Right Brain
44% 56%

48% Linear (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Logical
27% Verbal
27% Reality-based
9% Sequential
9% Symbolic (Your least dominant characteristic)

73% Concrete (Your most dominant characteristic)
48% Intuitive
29% Fantasy-oriented
25% Nonverbal
18% Holistic
17% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

[edit on 12-11-2009 by rjmelter]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

The results show your brain dominance as being: Left Brain Right Brain 50% 51%

38% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
35% Sequential
32% Linear
27% Reality-based
9% Symbolic
0% Verbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

42% Holistic (Your most dominant characteristic)
38% Nonverbal
37% Concrete
34% Intuitive
16% Fantasy-oriented
0% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

LOL??? So one test says I'm more left and the other says I'm more right brained.
I remember doing these tests in middle school and high school and it always turned out that I thought very centrally. Guess my brain is fairly well exercised on both sides.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I'm totally a right brain functioning in a left brain society.

Left Brain Right Brain
34% 66%

38% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
27% Reality-based
22% Sequential
14% Verbal
9% Symbolic
6% Linear (Your least dominant characteristic)

48% Fantasy-oriented (Your most dominant characteristic)
46% Concrete
45% Random
38% Nonverbal
30% Holistic
29% Intuitive (Your least dominant characteristic)

You responded as a right brained person to 14 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 4 questions.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
1. Dancer - right brain. I can switch relatively easy - it takes 5-10 turns and I can switch to left brain. Back to right brain takes fewer turns.

2. 8 - left; 10 - right

3. Left Brain Right Brain
48% 52%
==============
I am naturally Right brain person. I write, draw a lot, compose music, ignore all rules - stuff like that. However, I have developed my left brain by training it consciously all the time by talking to people and learning to formulate things and to verbalise them in a manner everyone else understands.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I could only make the girl go clockwise at first. Then, I tried focusing on her feet and I finally got her going the other way. And the test results said I'm Right-79% and Left-21%. I do like the fiction things more than the real things. I think they are more interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Here are my results:

You responded as a right brained person to 10 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 8questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

Left Brain 46%
Right Brain 54%

42% Symbolic (Your most dominant characteristic)
40% Sequential
34% Logical
16% Linear
14% Verbal
14% Reality-based (Your least dominant characteristic)

48% Fantasy-oriented (Your most dominant characteristic)
37% Concrete
32% Nonverbal
30% Holistic
24% Intuitive
17% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

After a while with the girl, I could make her swap spinning left then right with her poking out foot only travelling towards the screen as though she was rocking, took a while though to do that. I did get her stuck going left after I swapped her first off though. She initially started out spinning clockwise.

[edit on 12/11/2009 by doogle]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I can tell you as a left-hander I'm right-brain dominant. Few folks out there are left handed...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
And i wish some of you read a little bit more wikipedia.

THANKS.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Here are my results. I am almost 1/2 way down the middle....

Left Brain Right Brain
54% 46%

"You are more left-brained than right-brained. Your left brain controls the right side of your body. In addition to being known as left-brained, you are also known as a critical thinker who uses logic and sense to collect information. You are able to retain this information through the use of numbers, words, and symbols. You usually only see parts of the "whole" picture, but this is what guides you step-by-step in a logical manner to your conclusion. Concise words, numerical and written formulas and technological systems are often forms of expression for you. Some occupations usually held by a left-brained person include a lab scientist, banker, judge, lawyer, mathematician, librarian, and skating judge."

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Thanks, that's the first time i've seen it spin anti clockwise
still can't get it to do it without that you posted though.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join