It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a left, or right brain thinker? Find out here which hemisphere is most dominant.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
In regards to the spinning lady image, somebody put this together a couple of days ago, and it REALLY helps demonstrate the optical illusion (right click and select "View Image" to see all three since it may not fit completely in the post):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67d49dfabee4.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I did this at high school a few years back and i was classed as
"Whole Brained" whatever that means

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Those who are split directly down the middle will appreciate how math (a left brain function) can be completely altered when the right brain temporarily takes over.

[edit on 11/11/09 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Left- 40% Right- 60%

Your Left Brain Percentages
38% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Symbolic
27% Sequential
27% Verbal
14% Reality-based
6% Linear (Your least dominant characteristic)

Your Right Brain Percentages
69% Nonverbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
40% Fantasy-oriented
37% Concrete
29% Intuitive
28% Random
12% Holistic (Your least dominant characteristic)

Interesting test. I couldn't get the dancer to spin the other way. I say that her right leg was up and that let me know that she was turning clockwise. Couldn't get that thought out of my head to make her appear to turn the opposite direction.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
My results

Clockwise
Right brain 14q right to 4q left

BesYour Left Brain Percentages

34% Symbolic (Your most dominant characteristic)
30% Logical
27% Verbal
22% Linear
20% Reality-based
9% Sequential (Your least dominant characteristic)

56% Random (Your most dominant characteristic)
38% Nonverbal
37% Concrete
36% Fantasy-oriented
24% Holistic
24% Intuitive (Your least dominant characteristic) t regards

[edit on 11/11/2009 by eriathwen]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
On all 3 tests I scored right brain.

I tried to make the dancer turn counter-clockwise, couldn't do it.

On the second test I scored 14 questions with the Right Brain and 4 questions with the Left Brain.

On the third test, I got a left brain % of 38 and a right brain % of 62.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Originally posted by Bluebelle
That video confused me... the dancer looked like it was changing direction every 10 seconds, like on the dot 10 seconds.

Maybe this will help, I made it to help my friend see it both ways;

When it moves center to right, say in your mind "right" and then take your eyes off the foot and look at the body (the head is best). It should spin clockwise.

When it moves center to left, say in your mind "left" and then take your eyes off the foot and look at the body (the head is best). It should spin counterclockwise.

Here is the image without the video sounds.

. Click on it to enlarge.

Mind control...

[edit on 11-11-2009 by ALLis0NE]

Yea that doesnt work for me, just changes direction of its own accord. Watched it all the way through twice now and it starts off for about the first 30 seconds going clockwise, then it just alternates between clockwise & anti-clockwise every 10 seconds... I think I might have been dropped on my head as a baby

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I can't do these tests. With the spinning lady she was going one direction, then she switched twice and stayed going counter clockwise for a while. I went to look at some of the other tests and when I came back she was going clockwise. I can't make her switch, I tried.

On the other test I really can't say I do anything constantly.

I guess I am either indecisive or crazy, and no you don't get to take your pick. Let's just leave it be.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
47% left 53% right

54% Verbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
31% Sequential
30% Logical
27% Reality-based
17% Symbolic
16% Linear (Your least dominant characteristic)

64% Concrete (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Intuitive
32% Fantasy-oriented
25% Nonverbal
24% Holistic
23% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

You responded as a right brained person to 10 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 8questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

All these questions are somewhat subjective. Total your R s then subtract it from 22 question if the remainder is less than eleven you are right brain dominant. The smaller the remainder the higher the degree of right brain dominance. The online test returns a lot more interesting analysis.

The ultimate situation is not to have one dominant hemisphere but rather a whole brain, a golden brain a balanced brain. A cognitively enhanced brain. People that have a balanced brain might tend to choose both answers.

So there ya go, and to top it all off I am an Aquarius, true not cusp.

I'm an Aquarius also and we both got the same results for that test.
Here's the results for the 2nd site.

Left Brain Right Brain
42% 58%

Your left brain/right brain percentage was calculated by combining the individual scores of each half's sub-categories. They are as follows:

27% Linear (Your most dominant characteristic)
27% Reality-based
25% Logical
17% Symbolic
14% Sequential
7% Verbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

62% Intuitive (Your most dominant characteristic)
28% Random
19% Nonverbal
18% Holistic
12% Fantasy-oriented
10% Concrete (Your least dominant characteristic)

I could get the woman in the video to rotate in either direction so am not sure how accurate that one is?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
that was interesting

left brain 35% right brain 65%

pretty high on the fantasy scale -

that can't be too useful - can it?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Thank you for taking the Creativity Test. The results show your brain dominance as being:

Left Brain Right Brain
50% 51%

You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist.

Hmmmm i dont think this test is accurate!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Test 1:
Initially, the dancer was spinning clockwise. But, I found I could flip it back & forth by looking at the bottom of the screen and then back up.

Right Sided Initially

Test 2:
You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

Left side according to the response, but it looks 50/50 to me.

Test 3:
Left: 47% Right: 53%

32% Linear (Your most dominant characteristic)
27% Verbal
27% Reality-based
22% Sequential
21% Logical
9% Symbolic (Your least dominant characteristic)

32% Nonverbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
32% Fantasy-oriented
28% Concrete
24% Intuitive
23% Random
18% Holistic (Your least dominant characteristic)

So, seems I have a pretty well balanced brain.
Others would disagree I'm sure...

Fun stuff, S&F for originality.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Hmmm, about that dancing girl...

Is that thing just going from left -> right & right -> left again? back & forth? ie: only turns 180 degrees, not a full 360 degrees? Like flipping the same book page back & forth...

hmm, my Occipital Lobe is confused now.

edit: Oops, just noticed the pony tail on the back of her head... 360 degree turn...

[edit on 11-11-2009 by ByteChanger]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Interesting...
Only by looking at her feet can I change the appearance of her movement..looking at her arms keeps her going same. At first look she is going clockwise..can't seem to figure out HOW she can appear going either way.

First test I am rightbrained. Second test 50/50, however some of the questions on the second test had me stumped as I had never considered them before so I took an intuitive leap

I've always tested rightbrained and highly creative except the only outward evidence of my creativity is my lifestyle...not at all mainstream.

Thanks OP

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Some of the questions I was on the line for but heres what it said:

You responded as a right brained person to 15 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 3questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

34% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
31% Sequential
27% Reality-based
17% Symbolic
14% Verbal
11% Linear (Your least dominant characteristic)

64% Concrete (Your most dominant characteristic)
57% Fantasy-oriented
36% Holistic
34% Intuitive
23% Random
19% Nonverbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

and with the dancing girl the first time I saw here move I thought counter clockwise but then after watching here longer I could look at her going either way so I guess I'm weird. Anyways good thread.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by wassy]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
that was interesting

left brain 35% right brain 65%

pretty high on the fantasy scale -

that can't be too useful - can it?

I guess it depends on your line of work. If you are an artist or writer, you can inspire people. If your a cop, well, maybe that is not such a good thing...

Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It would be interesting to list your occupation to see if it matches your mindset....

For instance, I'm a PC geek... and my test scores were all almost down the middle.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Left Brain Right Brain
38% 62%

42% Symbolic (Your most dominant characteristic)
42% Logical
34% Verbal
34% Reality-based
22% Linear
5% Sequential (Your least dominant characteristic)

62% Random (Your most dominant characteristic)
55% Concrete
53% Intuitive
48% Fantasy-oriented
25% Nonverbal
24% Holistic (Your least dominant characteristic)

I got this on all of your tests but I am right handed. I use to be left brained. Is it suppose to change?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
I can't do these tests. With the spinning lady she was going one direction, then she switched twice and stayed going counter clockwise for a while. I went to look at some of the other tests and when I came back she was going clockwise.

I can't make her switch, I tried.

Ummm, sounds to me like you made her switch back & forth several times.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join