It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tears In My Eyes Begin to Swell.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

Originally posted by Bombeni

Posts like yours make me hope the FBI is reading this website and checking you out,

Ooo, I'm scared..

When are you going to figure out that al qaeda is ran by the CIA...
'united states incorporated' ARE the terrorists..

That's a completely unfounded opinion. We may have created an anti american sentiment by accident in the middle east. But it honestly not in their best interest to operate such an organization. Maybe you wish to claim that al qaeda doesn't exist, but i just cannot fathom that an organization with the scope and reach of the CIA would do anything to jeopardize it's power.

But that is all besides the point, it doesn't matter. If they're running al qaeda the soldiers would be nothing but pawns, so they still would not deserve shots from someone like you living comfortably in Florida. Either way they are fighting so you don't have to, whether their bloodshed is justified is a completely different matter.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Karma you say? With the responses you've gotten, I can say, Karma, indeed.
So did you see? You know, that thing that this topic is supposed to be about? I bet if you knew any one who had died there, you'd have a different opinion. If you're going to bash and derail, then I suggest you start a new thread. Let us people, who care, talk about the topic on hand. Please?

Edit: I'm sorry if I seemed harsh rainfall, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm just sharing the distaste others in this thread are feeling from your post.

Now... ON TOPIC.

I for one caught a glimpse of this, it sucked man, just full of sadness and sorrow. May they rest in peace, my prayers are with them, their family members, and those who don't seem to care.

Did anyone here know anyone who was involved?

[edit on 11/10/2009 by Slash]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by December_Rain

Jeez you are overdramatic that 13 people died..get over it...you have been living in times when innocent people are dying already in stats of millions every year.

It's very simple. We weep for our own, same as anyone else. Yes, it's sorrowful when anyone dies, when lives are wasted without any benefit. Do we care that over 120 people died in El Salvadore from mudslides and hurricane Ida? Yes, some do. I do. That doesn't negate the emotional impact of a radical nutjob choosing to slay 13 of HIS own, from the same organization that paid for his education, and gave him a career. It's somewhat different, don't you think? It deserves a special and dedicated moment of introspection at the very least.

[edit for splielng] Thanks buddy -- brain phart
[edit on 10/11/09 by argentus]

Perhaps for you coz maybe you haven't lived in a "REAL WORLD" outside of USA where this is a common but unfortunate incident. This happens on daily basis (sometimes multiple times in a day in same country/city/place/region or even organisation) outside US shores so unless the "statistics/figures" (that's how it's known in global terms) are any higher im sorry to say any/most people living outside the USA would find it no big deal.

What degenrates the whole situation is all the huge hue and cry and media rhetoric. Pay respects in dignified way but don't make it a bandwagon show, that's not respecting your own people. Creating mocking conspiracy threads, and 100+ threads on ATS itself on a tiny figure like 13 is overdramatising.

You see outside USA soo many people die in more worst manner and in numbers of 100+ or thousands everyday or sometimes in minutes/hours, I do not know what to say more. What I say may and most likely sound crude and rude but "AMERICA WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD".

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I do live outside the U.S. I have spent more than 20 of my 52 years outside of the U.S. and some of those in horrific conditions.

That's why the OP isn't overdramatic, at least for me -- it's not about us being US-centric, it's a commentary on one person's emotional response to the ever-changing world around us, wherein the formerly safe, the formerly known quantity is being systematically tested, looking for a chink in the nationalism and patriotism of formerly cohesive citizens.

Yes, it pales in comparison to the sheer numbers of people lost to natural disaster, wars, disease, famine. I think the murders were planned and designed to provoke terror in American hearts, however, if so, I think it will prove to be a dismal failure. The ultimate outcome will be to cause undue focus to bear upon U.S. Islamic enlisted. Imagine the pressure now put upon otherwise loyal and dutiful enlisted that just happen to be openly Muslim.

I appreciate your opinion and respect it. I don't think we're so different in our views. Perhaps I took what was a offhand remark of yours to heart because it touched mine. No worries. That's part of how I learn, and grow.

cheers

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well one thing that can be said is that security on a military base is probably not anywhere near as tight as people think. Everyone remember Shawn Nelson? He just walked onto one and stole a tank after the first two he tried to start by breaking the doors with a crobar and pressing the ignition button did not work.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think the real tragedy here , is that this situation could

have been avoided . When a psychologist cries for help and wants out ,

you'd better listen next time .... R.I.P God is with you

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

That's why the OP isn't overdramatic, at least for me -- it's not about us being US-centric, it's a commentary on one person's emotional response to the ever-changing world around us, wherein the formerly safe, the formerly known quantity is being systematically tested, looking for a chink in the nationalism and patriotism of formerly cohesive citizens.

Well when you put it this way I can kinda imagine for someone(OP here) who comes across it first time or have never felt it so close or heard about it ever before....why they would feel this way.

I appreciate your opinion and respect it. I don't think we're so different in our views. Perhaps I took what was a offhand remark of yours to heart because it touched mine. No worries. That's part of how I learn, and grow.
cheers

Likewise respect.

As I said earlier I intend no disrespect to the OP or the 13 people who died....it ofcourse it is a sad incident and an unfortunate one.

What is saddening, annoyingly irritating is the sheer numbers of threads popping on ATS from last 3-4 days on this same incident filled with consipracy, fiction, media driven rhetoric and mindless rhetoric filled with gossiping and fiction is not dignifying the fallen. It's insulting to them that their demise has become a subject for news and media to fill their ratings and for people to create conspiracy theories on. It's equally insulting to the other millions of people whose deaths did not generate such a hue and cry by the same media and people...were their lives not equally important.

This whole situation tells many different things and none of them are good.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I Will weep for the thirteen and their families when I see every last muslim ushered out of the U.S. Armed services !

Radical or not ! This religon causes more death and destruction on this planet then all other's combined !

I have heard that since 1948 muslim to muslim murder top's 11 million !

We are acting with reckless regard to our troop's by not addressing this issue !

If I am Their enemy or an "infadel" then where's the reason to have them serve in The U.S.A ? More politically correct B.S !

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Jeez you are overdramatic that 13 people died..get over it...you have been living in times when innocent people are dying already in stats of millions every year.

Who on earth are you to pass judgment on how people should react to what may be the first terrorist strike on American soil since 2001?

Even if it matters little to you (subjectively or objectively), where do you get the moral authority to decide and then announce that the reaction of others is unwarranted?

This was a cowardly act by a man who was supposed to be caring for the very people that he attacked. The victims were those who were putting their lives on the line for the rest of us in the U.S.

I am seriously stunned that someone would take umbrage at how another human being would react to this tragedy.

Eric

[edit on 10-11-2009 by EricD]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
I am seriously stunned that someone would take umbrage at how another human being would react to this tragedy.
Eric
[edit on 10-11-2009 by EricD]

And yet you would take umbrage at how I would react, it is ironically amusing, nonetheless.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

A chance to finally use the ignore feature!
For all you know the soldiers killed there were in bookeeping or logistics or something and had never fired a shot in their life except during basic.
Your generalization and poor post is blatantly to stir up BS, or you were poorly raised and are lacking sufficient intelligence and quality education.
Or I guess you could be with the government just seeing who would agree with you so you can put them on a list to keep an eye on. Since your only 3 months registered I guess that is plausible.
Our tax dollars at work?

/ignore on

[edit on 11/10/2009 by bigdog36]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
Who on earth are you to pass judgment on how people should react to what may be the first terrorist strike on American soil since 2001?

Yes, and who would've guessed, in 2001, the 'terrorists' were within!!

This 'war on terror' has been phony right from the outset. Hunting down Osama in a cave like a 'Where's Wally' picture. We have all been played like fools.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by RiotComing]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well the flowery language makes me want to vom OP, but each to their own. Still, I'm another that cant see what this thread is doing in this forum. Seems like a BTS type of thing...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join