It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural selection is the answer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think I have figured out what's wrong with,..everything.Well maybe not everything but most things.We are not made to just exist we are made to thrive or die.It's called natural selection and it seems to me efforts to circumvent it is what's causing all the trouble we have today.

Natural selection is the process by which heritable traits that make it more likely for an organism to survive and successfully reproduce become more common in a population over successive generations. It is a key mechanism of evolution.

en.wikipedia.org...

This idea occurred to me when I was thinking about the U.S. economy.Why are we trying to "save"businesses that have no business being in business?If the can't survive on their own they should "die". We also are to busy trying to accommodate individuals in society that can't make it on their own,at the cost to the ones that can I might add.

My dear mother who is now dead gave me possibly the the most honest advice I ever got and that is "Life is not fair".There is a reason for that,there's a reason that the animal with the broken leg or the runt of the litter get eaten,so they don't comprise the rest of the herd.
Why are we sending aid to all these underdeveloped countries?If they can not thrive on their own they should perish.Why do we have social entitlement programs like welfare and affirmative action?If you can't thrive on your own you should perish.If we didn't try to "enable"everyone the right to buy a house weather they earned it or not the USA would not be in the mess its in.Why are we trying to keep the old alive forever?If they cannot survive on their own they should die.I could go into great detail and site endless examples of what I mean but I think you get the point.

I would like you to think about it and give me your honest opinions.This is not a political or racial argument,those were just the easiest examples to use.You will never see a tiger kill an animal and give it to the "less fortunate of the herd just like you would never see a bird build a nest for the sole purpose of giving it to a bird who can't.

It's called survival of the fittest and we are manipulating it at our own peril.I hate to make a religious statement at this point (I'm not religious by the way) but God made the world this way and if we are trying to change that aren't we trying to play god, and isn't the first commandment "Thou shall have no gods before me?

just a thought.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Spoken like a true Eugenicist.

Frankly your sentiment disgusts me and shows a complete lack of compassion or love for your fellow humans, which is your choice of course.

What you have to understand is that such poverty stricken 3rd world countries are KEPT that way by the global interests who WANT them that way, who PROFIT from the status quo, its not their fault they are like that,.

And as for natural selection, it HARDLY applies to humans at this stage, if your frikin little brother broke his leg what, youd just leave him like that, let him suffer, if he had a life threatening illness, just let him die?
We are not animals and do not adhere to teh same level of society as they, but frankly, even animals express more compassion than this post.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Actually, we *ARE* animals and the sooner we as a species can remember that, the better.

Survival of the fittest is fine and would work well in all aspects of our lives, but there is a catch. In the natural world, when an apex predator reaches it's peak, it's numbers dwindel. That is because too many apex predators create food shortages which cause population crashes. Ultimately a natural balance is kept.

I view the big corporations and foreign governments as predators. The problem is that they are "immortal". They don't need to reproduce...all they have to do is grow. It is really hard to kill them. Unless we have some mechanism for allowing for the natural death of corporations, we cannot strike a balance in population that would allow predator and prey to live in balance.

As for the "underdeveloped" countries.. That's a perspective issue. If we were so desperate to steal the natural resources in those lands, we would leave the natives alone to get along in much the same way they have been for eons. "First world" is not necessarilly "Right World"

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Excellent post! Star and flag! I'd give you two stars if I could.

Only I would argue that we are not trying to escape the wrath of god, but the rath of nature and what is known to the Universe as a great cycle.

Like it or not, this is going to happen at least on some level in the near future. It will be the great thing that divides those who are ready to survive on their own. Then the ones who are not intelligent enough to figure out their own survival. During that time though, human kind will evolve. The fianincial crisis is one of humankinds last pathetic attempts not to change.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I view the big corporations and foreign governments as predators. The problem is that they are "immortal". They don't need to reproduce...all they have to do is grow. It is really hard to kill them. Unless we have some mechanism for allowing for the natural death of corporations, we cannot strike a balance in population that would allow predator and prey to live in balance.

I agree, they are a predator class, a parasitic elite, however to apply natural selection to humans in the same way as it applies to animals is surely IN human.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That is pretty much how the holocaust was justified.

If they cannot survive on their own they should die.

Then why hospitals and doctors? Why prisons? If we can't protect ourselves then we are surely to weak to survive by your standards.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Don't be so proud of America, the scum of the Earth.
Built on the backs of slaves and lies.

Asking why your U.S.A is sending aid to under developed countries after U.S.A raped their resources, oil, gold, diamonds and whatever else they can get their hands on is so typical of proud America.

Ask yourself how U.S.A will do in survival of the fittest when they have no cheap slave labors to slave for them.

I'm just waiting for America to get blown up it's about time to end the Esau Edomite ruler-ship.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
that is total eugenics garbage science.

how about those so called "children of evolution" that go out and commit murders in the name of natural selection.

from the times online about these murders
www.timesonline.co.uk...

why is it still called the THEORY of evolution? because nobody can prove it.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by BlesUTP]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

That is pretty much how the holocaust was justified.

If they cannot survive on their own they should die.

I'm pretty sure that the OP was speaking of failing corporations, not actual people.
Geesh, we a little quick to judge today?

Why are we trying to "save"businesses that have no business being in business?If the can't survive on their own they should "die".

I think some people are missing the entire concept that entire species can become extinct due to their flaws or inibility to adapt and survive. We have here on earth, a cycle that from time to time deals with natural selction, due to cataclysms not always man made, but some times man has no control over. Only the strong survive.

It is not a topic of race or human vs. animal. It is just nature and human nature. No need to jump to any conclusions here we are talking about natural selection not eugenics, holocausts or justifying murder of any one in any sort of way whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Outlawstar

Spoken like a true Eugenicist.

Well, technically it has nothing to do with eugenics. What he's alluding to is getting back to the natural order of thing's, the way nature works. Eugenics is more goal orientated towards improving the genetic stock purposefully.

Frankly your sentiment disgusts me and shows a complete lack of compassion or love for your fellow humans, which is your choice of course.

Look where compassion has gotten us, water shortage, food crisis, overpopulation resulting to petty wars over land issues. Compassion has been a bane for our species. Save the weak, destroy the world.

What you have to understand is that such poverty stricken 3rd world countries are KEPT that way by the global interests who WANT them that way, who PROFIT from the status quo, its not their fault they are like that,.

Evidence? That smells like the purest BS. Your saying they are unable to move or better their own situation through their own sheer will? They can't rise above and challenge themselves? All these humanitarian aides to these countries in attempt to alleviate their plight don't really exist because the powers that be are really trying to keep third world countries the way they are? For what purpose would that really serve to keep an immense population in malnutrition poverty?

And as for natural selection, it HARDLY applies to humans at this stage, if your frikin little brother broke his leg what, youd just leave him like that, let him suffer, if he had a life threatening illness, just let him die?

Your applying the question erroneously. Natural selection still applies to humans and yes we are social creature that exist in tight nit socio-familial groups but outside that circle, honestly no one gives a damn. If you had to choose between a close one who was injured over a stranger in the group who was injured you would instinctively choose the close one.

We are not animals and do not adhere to teh same level of society as they, but frankly, even animals express more compassion than this post.

Actually, we are animals just as all species on Earth are animals of this Earth. We belong to the primate species and are the most evolved but still retain the same instinctual habits and traits. As a member of the primate species we've found that primates as a whole aren't entirely as different as we used to think. We all share a capacity of language, culture, tool use, war, society, and even forms of moral and law.

To be honest, with the amount of crap spouting you do on ATS, that I have seen so far I doubt you would actually have a chance at surviving on your own without the help of civilization helping you out.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Star and Flag.

Not many people understand that we are animals of this Earth, they somehow think it's a derogatory thing. We as a species have been going against nature through developing this form of civilization which is leading to our ultimate destruction. I'm sure if we put our heads together we can still figure something better out.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It seems the people that get it, get it and the ones that don't read scary thoughts into it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Maybe people look at this from the wrong way. As a society we spent far to much time worrying about imperfections and oddities, yet it is these differences that enable the process of evolution. If we spend all of our time making sure every person is free from defect, free from mutation, then as a species, we no longer evolve. It's just as artificial to sustain a life as it is to extend one via manipulation. People like to whine about eugenics, even though they are pre-programmed to find the best mate, that is natural selection in action. Deny it if you will.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Finally someone who sees things the way I do, I have been saying this FOREVER!!!!!!
10000 percent agree with you here!!!! I think that's the only way out of this real s***hole we've dug ourselves into!!!!

[edit on 10-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
S=F to the OP for bringing to us a thread that many will not touch with a 10 foot pole. Kudos to the people who took the chance and responded even with a 10 foot pole. Are Human Beings special? Have we declared ourselves more special than the rest of nature on this planet? Yes I think Humans have. Now whether or not it means anything in the long run can only be found out in the end.
Now that Humans have declared superiority to natures rules where the future holds is mysterious. I keep thinking of the wolf pack hunting the elk in the forest. If the wolves were gone one day the elk would soon overpopulate and eat all available food and the entire species would be in jeopardy. You can relate this metaphor with most all of Earths life. Life feeds on life. And life feeds on life for a reason. And that reason is to sustain life.
Is natural selection the answer to all of Human problems? No!
Is natural selection the answer to all the rest of natures problems? Yes!
Now that humans voted themselves more special than nature, this whole biological network of life on this planet is doomed in the long run.
I am quite sure nature will work us out of the picture. It has worked out millions of species problems in the past and I really think we are no different in the whole of things.

This thread is going to get interesting.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
WOW, that is one hell of a comment to make, that is lifeless and frankly greedy* if you cannot make it on your own, you shold perish( what humanity and lifeless words those are. We are not animals, like bears, tigers, ect. IF yuo look at certain animals, like woves, they do take care of eachother.... by what right, would you choose to neglect anyways?
that should be the individuals decision,a nd not some mass participation*
Those people in africa, its not entirely thier fault* It is a poor country, and Europeans have basially raped it of its people and its commoditys aka gold, diamonds. No one has rally stood up and said stop..problem is, the government stheir are in cahoots as well, being africans themselves. Thier is ntohg wrong, with sending food to humans that need it! Yuor gesture, is way beyond not being a global community. Im not for a global community myself, but damn man, if i was in africa and saw starving kids, babys, ide try n find food ASAP!
This is what hitler did...yuor not fit to be humana t all gas em to death. this is WRONG for any culture, providing yuor human of course* This has the same mentality, as Vlad the IMpaler, ghanges khan, stalin! hell stalin took food away form his own people, 30 million or more starved to death over a decade. They were not alowed to have food, more or less...so the military could have it all. Does taht soudn fair? People who could afford food to survive, or grew it on thier farmland, only to have it all taken away....is that fair? NO it isnt.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

wow, okay. But being a benevolent doesn't necessarily mean that you are the "fit"

Superiority does not ultimitely decide wether or not you are fit. And if it does then who is the decider?

I mean come on. You don't recognize that in nature there is an order to things. You don't notice that their is an order in everything. There is a natural order.

I don't think the natural order is discriminatory. It is just the ones with sheer adaptability who are most likely to survive.

new topics

top topics

join