It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are hundreds of secret societies, stop blaming masons for the problems of the world

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well so first I've to say that I'm not a mason myself, but I have many friends who are plus I've been researching and reading about masonry for a lot of time now, since studying history is one of my main subjects.

What I don't really understand of many people over here in ATS is how ignorant they are concerning freemasons, creating false accusations just after watching a couple of biased youtube videos. Well, the truth is that you can't really blame the masons for the problems of our world nor talk about them as if they were the Illuminati itself. People should probably start by reading a bit of history instead of believing christian sects which only want to gain money, or paying attention to clowns such as Alex Jones (worse than the christian fanastism) .

There are hundreds of accusations against the Masons I've read here and in other sites, so I'm just going to talk about a few of them. Will talk about the Illuminati too

1) "Freemasonry wants to destoy America and its constitution, they're against democracy"

Well this one is about the funniest ones, considering that the people that founded America were most of them Freemasons, which believed in the liberty of opportunities and the help to others. Not counting the fact that masons were very important in the process of "reviving" democracy and bringing the modernity. Before this actions by important liberal men occured, the only one with the power to choose who rules was God through non other than the Pope itself, the age of the "divine right" which at least for me sounds much more creepier than any possible scenario of a 1984 Big Brother. The age of Enlightenment was indeed created in an indirect way by the masons, yet you blame them for the end of democracy.

2) "Freemasons are satanic/luciferian"

Just because very square-minded people can't understand the symbolism of a ritual doesnt mean that they're invoking a demon. These accusations about satanism within the freemasonry started by none other than the Catholic Church itself, which has been practically one of the biggest enemies of masonry due to what I already explained in the first point. Other people who claim masons to be satanic are of course the fanatic christians of very poor self-esteem that criticize others for being sheep while they're the biggest ones, and obviously the radical muslims like the guys that created "The Arrivals" series. I wonder... who's more dangerous? The freemasons.. or a small group of muslims that utiize youtube as a brainwashing method and that end up comparing Hizbollah actions to the ones of Gandalf in the Lord of The Rings? By the way, why do they utilize footage of LOTR? Tolkien was involved in secret societies himself, so why they utilize his material?

3) "Freemasons are none others than the Illuminati, and they control EVERYTHING"

This is the funniest part of all, people don't even seem to understand what were the purposes of the Illuminati and even if they did mixed with the freemasonry during the end of the XVIII century. that doesnt mean they're the same. Is funny to hear people claiming "The Illuminati control the vatican" for example, when as a matter of fact both were and would possibily be enemies nowdays.

4) "Freemasons are everywhere"

Well, freemasonry is and specially used to be a huge social network for people that had big hunger for power. And so many of the evil ones that joined in the past, were already corrupted before joining in, and only used freemasonry as a tool to get to high places.

5) There are HUNDREDS of secret societies in our present world, people should start practicing what ATS stands for "deny ignorance" and stop blaming the Illuminati or the freemasonry. Actually many of the most dangerous societies are not even that secret, zionist police Mossad is well infamous among others such as Opus Dei (the catholic church) and Hizbollah (in islamic world) . I'll continue with next post.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Szerablyn]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
5b) There are also asian societies, latin american ones, vudu, spiritism, remnants of rosicrucian, and not even counting many luciferianist that claim to be in honour of Crowley.

6) Don't mix the different societies: How's it possible that people believe that the Bilderberg group are the same people as the Illuminati? As far as I know the Illuminati wanted to overthrown ALL monarchies in Europe, while the Bilderberg Group is what I would call a "Pro Elite corporativism" mainly organized of people from royal bloodlines of Europe (the same people the Illuminati wanted to wipe out) .

7) NO ONE HAS AWAKEN: I find this part to be specially offensive towards people that meditate and study all their life to reach illumination like for example the buddhist monks in Tibbet or the Zen Monks.
People that after watching some paranoid YouTube videos start to believe themselves "that they have awaken" while in fact they're being misleaded. The funniest of this is when the awaken ones start calling all others "sheeple" while as matter of fact they're also sheeple, only difference is that they're from a different sheperd.

8) Develope some political logic: The main reason why people that want to find the truth to things such as the NWO and such are very confused, is simply because they're receiving biased information from ALL kind of sources that contradict themselves.

Usually you would say "Don't fall into the left-right wing game" Well, you have already done so. How can a person have a solid opinion about something if they believe Neo Cons like Glenn Beck, at the same time watch an islamist fanatical video like "The Arrivals" , and to end up with they finish with some hate towards religion and the consumism by "Zeitgeist".

The result is an screwed mind with a lot of confussion.

9) Last point: Of course there have been evil Masons, like there have been evil christians, muslisms, jews, etc; Is stupid to judge them all just for a small group of them. Why don't you get some information about Masons that have made beautiful contributions to the world in one way or another?

John Milton, William Blake, Mozart, Alexandr Pushkin, Goethe, Louis Armstrong, (and many, many, many others.) Even one of the most loved persons of this site Ron Paul, is a freemason.

10) If people really want to get to know a portion about the truth of the universe, don't stop reading anthropology, theology, compared religions, philosophy, doing meditation. And even an applicated person that makes all this, wont reach even a small 0.1 % of the knowledge of the universe.

Odin, one of the elder viking gods sacrificed one of his eyes for infinite knowledge... that's a fair nice symbolic example of how knowledge can be reachen. Not with the likes of listening to a pork like Alex Jones

So this is my entire humble opinion, you don't have to agree with it but I hope that you enjoyed reading at least.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Szerablyn]

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Szerablyn]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hey, Hey!! Be careful now. I defend Masons because I think they are great people, and most of what you said is true. . . . but as well I defend Catholics. I think people make up a bunch of fake conspiracies against the Vatican just as much as the Masons.

I don't think the Vatican hates Masonry, or thinks it's satanic, and I don't think they are serious enemies. I think that's a conspiracy in itself.

I definitely agree with most of it, and i do think Radical Muslims create a lot of the conspiracies, like the Arrivals, which I thought was very biased as you've said.

I also agree there are many secret societies, and masons are blamed far too often. Thanks for the thread. I agree 90%.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Cool, I'm not against the Catholic Church completely. Actually I'm from a catholic background myself.. I was just stating that the first "rumours" about masons being satanic came from the Church at that time.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Yeah I agree theirs lots of misinformation about certain secret societies and most likely the Illuminati don't even exist anymore. It could all be a distraction to whats really going on. You never know.
But yes there certainly are people who are corrupt who join the freemasons but the fraturnaty itself certainly is not corrupt.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Szerablyn
Cool, I'm not against the Catholic Church completely. Actually I'm from a catholic background myself.. I was just stating that the first "rumours" about masons being satanic came from the Church at that time.

Actually I would say they came from the Church of England, though of course both Churches hated the Masons for various reasons. Mostly because they went against the norms of society and allowed Catholics into a guild status Fraternity, something that was banned in England/Ireland.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Hhhhmmm, I haven't seen much Mason hate on here, and even if there is, it's not like people are going out and burning crosses in their front yard.

Masons are committed to bettering the world, and contributing to mankind. They rise to positions of power because they want to make a difference, from the inside, out.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Where can you verify Ron Paul is a freemason?

You know, I think you masons/masonic defenders play victim and get overly defensive waaaay more than people condemn your society. And I thought it was about building STRONG men.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
If you want to save the world and improve man-kind why a secret society, oh I know they are all shy and humble...

It’s about power, privilege and keeping it in a closed circuit just the same as politics. If they want to really practice what they claim there are many charity organisations which could provide a good template who do not have membership selection and welcome anyone that wants to help.

I have had my dealings with the Masonic crowd once and I won’t go into details but it was just wrong, immoral and unjust. I know it’s not fair to point the finger without telling the whole story but I have my reasons.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
Where can you verify Ron Paul is a freemason?

As far as I know he is not a Mason.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Thank you sir. If that is the case I move to reject the whole of the OP outright.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
my.opera.com...

Well there you have some information, even if he wasnt a mason he at least is a man with good relations with freemasonry. Not a fanatical

And the freemasons had to hide in the past because it was the only way to not being captured and tortured by the oppression of such times. Not because of spooky things.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Szerablyn
1) "Freemasonry wants to destoy America and its constitution, they're against democracy"

Well this one is about the funniest ones, considering that the people that founded America were most of them Freemasons, which believed in the liberty of opportunities and the help to others. Not counting the fact that masons were very important in the process of "reviving" democracy and bringing the modernity. Before this actions by important liberal men occured, the only one with the power to choose who rules was God through non other than the Pope itself, the age of the "divine right" which at least for me sounds much more creepier than any possible scenario of a 1984 Big Brother. The age of Enlightenment was indeed created in an indirect way by the masons, yet you blame them for the end of democracy.

We often hear the claim that our nation is a democracy. That wasn't the vision of the founders. They saw democracy as another form of tyranny. If we've become a democracy, I guarantee you that the founders would be deeply disappointed by our betrayal of their vision. The founders intended, and laid out the ground rules, for our nation to be a republic.

The word democracy appears nowhere in the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution -- two most fundamental documents of our nation. Instead of a democracy, the Constitution's Article IV, Section 4, guarantees "to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government."

Moreover, let's ask ourselves: Does our pledge of allegiance to the flag say to "the democracy for which it stands," or does it say to "the republic for which it stands"? Or do we sing "The Battle Hymn of the Democracy" or "The Battle Hymn of the Republic"?

So what's the difference between republican and democratic forms of government? John Adams captured the essence of the difference when he said, "You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe." Nothing in our Constitution suggests that government is a grantor of rights. Instead, government is a protector of rights.

In recognition that it's Congress that poses the greatest threat to our liberties, the framers used negative phrases against Congress throughout the Constitution such as: shall not abridge, infringe, deny, disparage, and shall not be violated, nor be denied. In a republican form of government, there is rule of law. All citizens, including government officials, are accountable to the same laws. Government power is limited and decentralized through a system of checks and balances. Government intervenes in civil society to protect its citizens against force and fraud but does not intervene in the cases of peaceable, voluntary exchange.

Contrast the framers' vision of a republic with that of a democracy. In a democracy, the majority rules either directly or through its elected representatives. As in a monarchy, the law is whatever the government determines it to be. Laws do not represent reason. They represent power. The restraint is upon the individual instead of government. Unlike that envisioned under a republican form of government, rights are seen as privileges and permissions that are granted by government and can be rescinded by government.
www.capmag.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This new thread(MUST watch documentary! Ring of Power!) answered many of our questions about freemasonry.

MUST watch documentary! Ring of Power!

The Producer is an experienced, award winning documentary filmmaker who, as a child, learned that her father was a member of the secretive cult of Freemasonry. She recalls many arguments between her parents over her father's secret meetings and the exclusion of women from the brotherhood. The Masonic ring that her father wore had been passed down from father to son over the generations. When she asked her father about the meaning of the letter "G" and the compass and square on his ring, she got no response. As an adult, she decided to investigate. That investigation grew into four years of intensive research into the identity and history of the diabolical globalists who she calls the "Ring Of Power". Their goal is one World Empire and one world ruler.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I noticed the same thing but if this helps at all, it's possibly because Freemasonry is the most well known? The Illuminati is also well known in conspiracy circles but some aren't sure it even exists. Being that Freemasonry is well known and definitely exists, perhaps that is why it is the most discussed.

I wouldn't take it to heart, though. Think of it like this. Most of the threads in the conspiracy in religion forums are based on Christianity. Why? Because that is the religion most are familiar with. Most of the political threads deal with American politics and criticism of American politics. Why? Because most members here are American.

Please don't feel like Freemasonry is singled out purposely. I think it just boils down to it being more visible and the most well known. A lot of members also know masons/freemasons or have lodges in their cities. Most members don't know Skull and Bones members, Illuminati members, those who attend the Bilderberg Group, Knights Templar, etc.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

And I would go as far as to say that no, we are not a Republic any longer.. we are something in between Democracy and Oligarchy, though one could assume there is no difference between the two.

The Republic ended with the winning of the Civil War, at which times States dropped their identities and succumbed to the centralized power of the Federal Government: The Southern states and their governments were decimated and destroyed, after the war was already won, to ensure they complied. All done by Lincoln and his Government, who was not a Freemason.

reply to post by mick1423

Sounds like a jealous woman mad at her dad for being in a secret club and passing a ring to her brother and not herself. The "G" stands for God by the way.

reply to post by AshleyD

We have a sinister reputation perpetuated by the existence of the Internet; which incidentally allows anyone the ability to publish and spread practically for free anything they want. your research doesn't need to be complete, no need to list sources, no need to check facts, hell you can make it up entirely just to start a new rumor. Besides, the lies about Masonry are so much more interesting than what Masonry really is about.. sometimes I wish we really were evil satanic, world dominating, virgin sacrificing, power hungry billionaires....

It would make the work week that much more exciting you know...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
What? Get out of here with this bull#! I assure you that the free masons that will ever be talked about on this site, You will never get the chance to even bow at their feet. The masons u know are the "Sheep", the "Cattle"! When was the last time we had an Asian President that was a member of one of the Asian secret societies? Now tell me when was the last time we had a Mason President? Try from George Washington to Barack Obama! Every Single One! I have more on this subject but i cant say anymore

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrno1
What? Get out of here with this bull#! I assure you that the free masons that will ever be talked about on this site, You will never get the chance to even bow at their feet. The masons u know are the "Sheep", the "Cattle"! When was the last time we had an Asian President that was a member of one of the Asian secret societies? Now tell me when was the last time we had a Mason President? Try from George Washington to Barack Obama! Every Single One! I have more on this subject but i cant say anymore

Oh Please! don't stop now. I am giddy with anticipation of how you are going to prove that more than 17 US presidents were masons. (ending with Gerald Ford 33rd degree)

I will await your reply.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Heh. I'd be impressed if he could prove more than 14... LBJ never passed to the degree of Fellowcraft. It's uncertain if he even turned in his EA work. Guessing nobody told him there'd be a test...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

from what I know of LBJ, I sure am glad we don't have to call him a brother.

I wonder when the "I know all about you masons" garbage will end? these boneheads see a you tube video and buy it hook line and sinker. What ever happened to research? I guess that is why the country is in such bad shape. the masses use the mass media as their you tube and buy whatever they are selling instead of finding out the truth.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join