It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are hundreds of secret societies, stop blaming masons for the problems of the world

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't think LBJ helped his masonic career, by taking the lord's name 3 times a minute. His habits and crude behavior didn't fair well. I think his lodge chose wisely to not allow his advance.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
Hey, Hey!! Be careful now. I defend Masons because I think they are great people, and most of what you said is true. . . . but as well I defend Catholics. I think people make up a bunch of fake conspiracies against the Vatican just as much as the Masons.

i think this to be very true, i also belive that the core of most groups would be good and they value the tradiotions that most have , but as you progress lower down in the ranks (about half way) there is some sort of corruption. then as you get to the groups newer members then that is when you see the good people again.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForkandSpoon
I don't think LBJ helped his masonic career, by taking the lord's name 3 times a minute. His habits and crude behavior didn't fair well. I think his lodge chose wisely to not allow his advance.

For the record, LBJ chose not to advance for personal reasons. I'm sure his Lodge would have granted his advancement request, had he given one.

Another poster wrote that we didn't have to call him "brother"; however, even though he was a lifelong Entered Apprentice, EA's are still brothers.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Szerablyn

I applaud this. From what I've read, from independent sources, about the Mason's history. They were instrumental in the development of capitalism/economic mobility, in the early days due to the fact that they were some of the first truly skilled laborers, able to negotiate and bargain with royalty for a fair price. They were also instrumental in the formation of America and the republic/democratic model that has enriched the world.

Economic mobility and democratic government....yea....I don't think we have much to fear from THIS secret society.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by backtobasics
i think this to be very true, i also belive that the core of most groups would be good and they value the tradiotions that most have , but as you progress lower down in the ranks (about half way) there is some sort of corruption. then as you get to the groups newer members then that is when you see the good people again.
If at some arbitrary level there is corruption of the few, how can those few represent the traditions and values of the majority? They can't. If there are a few bad Masons, it doesn't make Masonry bad as a whole. If the organization states "we stand for these values" and lists them out, and the actions of the organization reflect those values, then actions taken by individual members contrary to those values cannot be deemed sanctioned or approved by the rest of Masonry. Such actions, by definition, would be "unMasonic."

Any 2 or 3 people can get together and conspire to commit evil deeds. They don't have to be members of any group, and if they are members of some group, but are having such clandestine meetings without the knowledge of the group, they cannot be said to be acting in the name of the group...only as individuals or members of some unnamed group (of few members).

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Szerablyn

Well that is a problem here. Free Masonry like many other subjects is twisted and warped by the crittical "experts" on the subject.
What i mean is you have people with NO connection to free masonry that claim to know everything about it and for whatever reason people eat it up. Now you have people that are free masons say it is not true but then the "experts" sya they couldn't know anything because they are a low level mason. So people with no real experience have more information than the current members, sounds like BS.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Actually, the rise of capitalism almost caused the death of Freemasonry. Freemasonry was a feudal system, and industrial capitalism forced the organization into decline, until it began evolving into a non-operative fraternity. By the time the Premiere Grand Lodge was founded in 1717, the organization had shrunk into just a handful of Lodges independently existing, and clinging to life by a thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by ForkandSpoon

For the record, LBJ chose not to advance for personal reasons. I'm sure his Lodge would have granted his advancement request, had he given one.

Another poster wrote that we didn't have to call him "brother"; however, even though he was a lifelong Entered Apprentice, EA's are still brothers.

I always value your insight, but I can say with certainty you would be wrong on that point. He was kept from advancing by his lodge. I have legal information to that effect.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Szerablyn
There are hundreds of secret societies, stop blaming masons for the problems of the world

THANK YOU Szerablyn, for being the voice of reason here!

Peace,
Mulder

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have spoken against freemasonry before because I was deluded with youtube videos. The thing I realized most is, the majority of freemasons are kept in the dark by major industrialists. It is the big name industrialists that want central bankers to have power so they could make money.

If you guys seriously think freemasonry only has good guys then you are underestimating human greed. Every environment like freemasonry will eventually get invaded one way or the other.

The Vatican, started for the faith and eventually became more and more corrupt. I am not saying freemasonry is corrupt, but there could be a few rotten apples. You defend every freemason just like a priest would defend the pope. You are watching an opera not knowing what the guys are doing in the back.

If you defend every freemason and say every mason has good will, then I could safely say that the Catholic church is a great church and no evil dwells within.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I doubt that anyone would ever say that there are no bad Freemasons. I am sure there are. But by the same token, because there are a few rotten apples, not all Freemasons are bad. The whole idea of becoming a mason is to better yourself and the world around you. World domination never even was mentioned.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
If you guys seriously think freemasonry only has good guys then you are underestimating human greed. Every environment like freemasonry will eventually get invaded one way or the other.
Nobody here has ever said that there are no bad Masons. Sure, as Mason Mike says, any group has some bad apples. But even allowing that an individual Mason may be the most repugnant person you've ever met with mindblowingly evil intentions, the power structure of Masonry is such that he'd have little if no sway over the rest of the Masons. He'd be acting on his own, or with his little group of evil friends, but nothing he could do would change the actions of the larger group as a whole.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I agree, but at the same time without people knowing true intentions a person has a mass network of powerful people at his disposal. Not all Germans were a part of the Nazi regime, but they get labeled because some chose not to rise up and fight evil.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I agree, but at the same time without people knowing true intentions a person has a mass network of powerful people at his disposal. Not all Germans were a part of the Nazi regime, but they get labeled because some chose not to rise up and fight evil.

Which in my opinion made them cowards and defacto Nazis.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I agree, but at the same time without people knowing true intentions a person has a mass network of powerful people at his disposal.
You've missed my point entirely. How are they at his disposal? How is he going to get them to do something against their own character?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hi,i am a freemason thanks for this post i am a 32 degree mason and we are for free will no war low tax

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by maya2929

Running for office, are you?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
no just sayING what we do for the usa and we know stuff you nonmason do like may 21 2010 will martil law will BE in 36 states in U.S.A

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by maya2929

That's one of the few times someone's accused me of being a non-Mason.

I can assure you, Martial Law will not occur.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
ME LODGE SAY IT BE MAY 21 2012 WE HAVE A LETTER FROM D.C SAYS ITS HAPPEN MARTIAL

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join