It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like a broken record....but worth saying again.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg
Are you saying all the blather about reincarnated space brothers, 2012 etc. is preventing you from picking up volumes by Jerry Clark, Brad Sparks, James McDonald, Dick Hall, and others?

Jclmavg - I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

I'd realy like to hear an answer to that question.

I'd also like to know how ITF can comment on a video without actualy watching it:

Link

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

to me, the possibility of there NOT being alien life forms on other worlds, is more of a mathematical impossibility, due to the massive amount of star systems (in the hundreds of billions), rather than there being none at all.

that said, probably less than 1% of all sightings are of alien design. these have been so well documented down through history, that the evidence is overwelming...but it's that minute number that facinates me.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Didn't need to watch the whole thing in order to render my opinion. Watched the first few minutes and could see it for what it is.

You might call that jumping the gun and not being open minded I guess. But I have been around the block a few times and can recognize absurd tripe pretty quickly. Don't worry, you'll get there sooner or later. Keep wading through the muck, and hopefully in a few years you will look back and laugh at some of the silly things you gave credit too.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I agree with you there. I can't imagine that there isn't life out there somewhere. I think you will hard pressed to find anyone around here that thinks that. The real disagreements are about everything else, lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
There are so many facets of this thread that saddened me, too many ones.
I will start with a confession: If I'd really say everytime what I think about stuff that gets posted here, probably many of you, including part of those who usually like my posts, would start getting mad at me. One of the points that sadden me is that some still haven't understood that behind his apparently rude character, IgnoreTheFacts is a man who LOVES UFOs (ask him, If you don't trust me). Everytime he sees some new entry in the long list of non sense that on regular basis get posted here, he start working like some accumulator: instead of vanting as frequently as some new non sense gets posted, he stores all the feelings in some place: disappointment, angry, disgust, compassion, shock, surprise and many others. Every now and then, bang. He vents. As well as I do every now and then. Or perhaps I am too stupid because I still can't understand why the Gorilla on Mars' thread is still there and has been discussed for twelve pages: TWELVE pages about a rock that someone has decided to call "gorilla".
Let's use the same criteria for every thread, and within a month you all will hate this subject matter and will get all hysterical, will you bet on this?
Here we have people who call "analisys" the use of some RANDOM PS filters, people who claim to get channelled for breakfast lunch and dinner, people who film airplanes and serve them to YOU trying to FOOL you passing them off as the real thing, even people who points lasers towards aircrafts which is a crime by the way, people who deby some CGI is actually a CGI because they've felt too bad when they've found out it was some fictional work. THEY are your enemies, not IgnoreTheFacts, if you really love this subject matter, because THEY are devastating UFOlogy, not IgnoreTheFacts. He's just guilty of not being hypocrite: and if this means to be guilty, then I'm guilty as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Do I really need to remind everyone that the topic is: Like a broken record....but worth saying again and not individual members.

Before you post again, please read this:

Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Address the topic and not the members!

If you have a problem with the topic, hit the alert button. But no more personal attacks against other members.

[edit on March 17th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

But its also up to the moderators to create an atmosphere which rewards the facts and frowns on the hype. The topic of "UFO's" also needs its own message section separate from "aliens" and alien related conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Man, what a good thread! I love having time off and looking through stuff. The path I was following that led me to this thread was nuts, but here I am, lol.

IgnoreTheFacts, I find what you say to be true on many different levels. In fact, over the short time I have been here I find examples of it on every page of this forum.

So given that, what is the next step you think we should take? How many years do you think it will take until we shed the ridiculous factor which is why the media wont take this subject seriously? What do you think needs to happen (both within and without) the community to affect positive change that will lead us towards disclosure?

And last but not least, are you o.k. with dismissing or scuttling some accounts that sound crazy but might be true in an effort to bolster positive PR until the day comes when the ridiculous and crazy (but might be true) cases can be discussed in a public fashion without people pointing and laughing?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think ufology on a scientific study level needs more young blood who are media friendly. With the greatest of respect Mr. Friedman isn't getting any younger and i struggle to see who else can represent us to the unconvinced masses.

<< 1  2   >>

join