It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help being a whistle blower, to make sure I get results

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathTribble
I would definitely contact a larger, more monied, and media savvy group. They could probably advise you and maybe assist with the release of the information. Here are a few I would think of:

Amnesty International
www.globalmarch.org...
International Labour Organization (a UN group focused on child labor issues) . See also the International Labour Organization’s International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour (IPEC)
Human Rights Watch
www.stopchildlabor.org...
www.laborrights.org...
As mentioned above, Unicef is also a very good place to start.

This is an excellent recommendation, and I'd send scans/photos to all of the above. The local cops can't do anything, but the international organizations are willing to add this to documented evidence against some of these companies. I think hitting larger organizations is better than sending out letters to friends; they have the budget to get widespread attention and lots of them have "instant credibility."

Good luck with this.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Obinhi

We ARE thinking mate, thanks very much for the tip though!!

For example...i was THINKING that perhaps this was NOT drawn on the production line, but in one of the few hours these people get to eat, drink and sleep in, before starting again for another 14 hours work for nothing to speak of in wages, and then slipping the drawing into a toy the following day...i'm surprised a thinker such as yourself didn't consider that possibility, considering it's such an easy solution to your 'no time to draw it' theory.

Maybe some here should think about taking their own advice to use their brains...what d'ya think?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
damn that is terrible, the trouble is we know there is child labour but forget as we may only see a brief bit on telly or in a news paper so it's quickly forgotten plus the fact telly is also a desensitized medium.

basically what i'm trying to say is you really should go big with this as it really puts across some feeling and a story of a sad little girl , people will be hard pushed not to take notice.

i think you should email the bbc and some brittish news papers and obviously yours across the pond, ps i only joined so could reply to this post because i think what you have is something quite poignant

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
in your photo, to me it appears the girl is trying to say she's had a baby and that is is chained to her so that she cannot leave. The face is confusing.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Make a U-Tube video of the toy and the photo. Explain what happened. I think the media monitors U-Tube for breaking stories.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jane_within

That is what I was thinking too.... it might be about a birth. In which case, that would be worse... assuming it's a child's drawing about herself... assuming what the meaning is of the baby being scribbled out.

I don't know, it is hard to interpret the entire situation. I would still follow through with alerting some international rights groups though. Just in case.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by truthseeker84

Originally posted by truthseeker84
I am Chinese, looking at the picture posted above, I see nothing wrong with it. It looks like a child doodle to me. The word "屁" written on there actually means ass or fart, at least to a person who speaks/reads Chinese.

Well done.

I don't speak Chinese, but I can still Google.

Can you tell me if that means this wiki page is about asses or farting?

And these pages.

EDITED TO ADD:

Indeed it must:

Translation.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by loam]

Quoting myself, because it appears to have been missed.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I haven't read through every post but did anyone mention that the figure's hands depict fingers - I bring that up because typically well adjusted children draw fingers on hands; kids that have issues draw hands like mittens or hide the hands altogether. I think the picture is being misinterpreted.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

If you really care - adopt a child!

Otherwise: This smells HOAX. Typically something some attention seeking retard trying to pull off.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

It's hard to draw a lot of conclusions looking at the picture itself, but the translation is pretty clear, so it seems like a kid drew a picture of either herself or another kid farting. Dunno how it ended up in the toy box, maybe the kid's a joker and wanted to send out the picture to be funny. I think all children, no matter where they live, think farts are funny.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seekingxu

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

Originally posted by seekingxu
the chinese character in the pic actually means "FART" ,doesn't mean urine at all,it could be a just a naughty kid drawing something completely meaningless, don't humiliate yourself by making a fuss.

can you source this so I know you are telling the truth??

just look up" fart" in any English-Chinese dictionary online, you will see that character "屁", being a chinese I know there's a lot to blame on chinese government and current labor situation in China,but certainly not this case.

Case closed on page 6 middle. By seekingxu.

Yet it takes 3 more pages, and ANOTHER person fluent in Chinese to point out what the meaning of the word in the picture is for everyone to actually "get it".

ATS has seem to lost some of it's wits. Or we just have a bunch of people jumping to the last page.

Either way, the thread is over it has been solved, the OP is happy, maybe a feels a bit silly(but he/ she shouldn't). Case Closed.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Girl's message:

Here's some fart for you American children.

Screw ya'll.

Here's a coincidence for ya.

The word 屁 is actually pronounced PEE.

[edit on 11/9/2009 by die_another_day]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Originally posted by die_another_day
Girl's message:

Screw ya'll.

You know, you could be right.

I highly doubt Chinese children are taught to look favorably on America.

EDIT:

On a side note.... I wonder if this child ever imagined they would be the focus of so much attention. Just look at the flag count of this thread.

I can't remember a recent topic with as many flags...

Pretty amazing how the universe works, huh?

[edit on 9-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Contact the Pacific Justice people and Newsmaxx and don't forget Johnny Annymous on ATS.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
ATS has seem to lost some of it's wits. Or we just have a bunch of people jumping to the last page.

Indeed. Looks like balloon boy 2 or the lead story from the National Enquirer. Perhaps a refreshing headline like 'boy trapped in fridge and eats foot to survive' would do better. Some ATS members seem to be jumping on just about any bandwagon or cause celeb, all in the name of what?

brill

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

From the Wiki page you listed earlier, 屁, 胃腸氣,俗稱屁,指動物肛門排出的氣體。I'm not a good translator, it's funny. I came to U.S. when I was 9, I was educated in China till then. I can read Chinese and use pin-yin to type Chinese, but I do not know how to write it. Weird huh?

In any case, that long line of text roughly translates into: "Fart, gas inside the intestine, indicates gas being released from the anus of animals."

I'd rather have the drawing say nothing, that will probably give it more credit as a SOS message. Or I would prefer to see something like "救我" or just a simple word "救", "Save Me" or "Save". But looking at the picture, I see a child drawing a picture of a woman farting through her ass. The child was very good at describing it, she even put a word "Fart" there lol to describe what is coming out of the crotch part. So yeah, I wouldn't read too much into this.

Having said that, I'm definitely against illegal child labor. It's a real gray area, someone mentioned above and it is true. Some of these children are working to support their families, if they don't work in sweat shops they might starve. It's real messed up, but the real world isn't nice.

China's as corrupted as U.S., and it has been for quite sometime. The only good thing we could hope for is that these bad guys who are forcing child labor gets caught. In China, for a crime as serious as that, you get a bullet in the head, case closed. The funny thing is, when they get executed, their family members have to pay for the bullet.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

Thank you so much for your contribution. I think your post makes a great deal of sense.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Who is to say that it was child labour? Maybe it was bring your kid to work day and the kid was bored and snuck that picture into a toy gun? Or maybe it was a adult who thought it would be funny for the kid receiving it not knowing it was going to the States? I don't really see it as a cry for help like the OP does. It looks like it is suppose to be a funny cartoon.

Good luck on stopping child labour though, it will never happen because there are always bad parents out there who want to make a buck off their kids.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Girl's message:

Screw ya'll.

I thought that as soon as i read the opening post.

Hopefully its just someone haveing a joke at "work" ,laughing with friends, saying, "Wont it be funny if they find this drawing, of ????? farting he he"

Maybe you (OP) are being just a bit over over sensitive?

Although that still dosnt take away the fact that it is most likely drawn by a kid in a sweat shop.

10/10 for careing S&F

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't get what the big deal is! you THINK it's from china. it's probably some kids pulling a prank.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join