It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol being legal is a conspiracy...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Why is it legal when it harms and kills so many every day. Who do they pay... How is it still legal...

excuse me why I go

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well, excuse me good sir, while I do not know where you live, here in America we have these things called rights. Everyone has an opinion (thats actually one of my rights!
), but the fact remains if I want to drink alcohol, it is entirely my choice, and no one especially the government that I employ, has a say in the matter.

LIVE FREE OR DIE

P.S. You may think of me as a fool because of defending so little as drinking, but its all of my rights or none. If they can take just one little right at a time, soon i'll have none.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
alcohol is legal because of the great depression.

soon marijuana will be legal because of the depression of now days.

that is my personal oppinion though.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
We already tried to prohibit alcohol. This was called, reasonably enough, "Prohibition". It was a miserable failure. Prohibition was directly responsible for the rise of organized crime in the US. Money from bootlegging made people like Al Capone wealthy.

It is just barely possible to prohibit drugs, because most of them require some sort of processing, or growing specific plants, etc. Alcohol is different. No special equipment is needed. Ordinary grains, fruit juices, stuff with sugar, tends to ferment into an alcohol-containing product all by itself, without any additional processing. True, making hard liquor requires distillation, which in turn requires a still. That is simple enough to make. Even without a still, strong wines and beer can be made quite easily. It is impossible to enforce prohibition of alcohol.

So the reasons why alcohol is not banned are simple:

1. It is impossible.
2. When we tried it, it didn't work.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
Well, excuse me good sir, while I do not know where you live, here in America we have these things called rights. Everyone has an opinion (thats actually one of my rights!
), but the fact remains if I want to drink alcohol, it is entirely my choice, and no one especially the government that I employ, has a say in the matter.

LIVE FREE OR DIE

P.S. You may think of me as a fool because of defending so little as drinking, but its all of my rights or none. If they can take just one little right at a time, soon i'll have none.

Why are so many Americans so damn defensive about little matters? "HELL YER I'LL DRINK BEER AND BEAR ARMS AT A PROTEST 'CAUSE IT'S MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT!"

Ugh, this sort of attitude just makes me dislike America more and more by the minute. Maybe it's 'cause New Zealand isn't great and glorious. Maybe it's because we're all terrorists or hobbits, I don't know.

Anyway, I'll drink alcohol because it eases social anxiety and I like the feeling of being comfortably tipsy. I don't care about partying and all that douchey crap, but alcohol and a hot day goes hand in hand with an amazing experience. Especially when your sense of smell ends up being affected and it's a little like breathing in the smell of grass clippings every second.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
marijuana was legal in america in the early days of your country but the drug companies bought your government and made it illegal. if you don,t believe me check it out for yourself

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by obamalivechat

We tried prohibition once before.
Needless to say it did not work very well, or last very long.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by obamalivechat

It's legal because people have used it for thousands of years and even though it is a problem for some people it is harmless good fun for most people.

I feel for the people who get hurt by abusive or stupid drunks, help the people that can't handle it.

But you have no right or reason to force anybody else to live by your ideals.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld

LIVE FREE OR DIE

Lol I'm not saying I want to bring back prohibition or anything... I just find it interesting that alcohol causes so many problems and yet our president embraces it.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
alcohol are called spirits for a reason. they invoke demons to enter the body and make you act like a clown to a monster. depends on what enters you through the pineal gland.

some just want to feel sex again and others just want to destroy you.

don't drink alcohol unless you want to be possessed by demons. and the same goes for any excess of emotion.

we are not alone and there are many dimensions existing together with many different lifeforms who travel in a variety of ways.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
agreed

alcohol kills more than anything else ...

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Thats just two different ways to put the same thing, but thats probably the difference between the two cultures. Alcohol and marijuana should be legal, to authoritarian for me.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
not trying to derail the thread but it seems like all the reasons given for the legality of alcohol in the usa relate directly to the "prohibition" of cannabis(and thats not legal). So those aren't really valid- i mean millions of americans get high on a daily basis(that can't and won't be stopped), it was made illegal in the 1930's(against the recommendations of the American Medical Association no less), people have been using it for thousands of years, its mostly harmless(not one death has ever been reported as a direct result of marijuana consumption)-try comparing that to the millions who die of alcohol poisoning each year(not to mention alcohol-related deaths-car crashes, liver poisoning), organized crime has taken control of the drug industry(dont forget the CIA). All of these reasons people give saying there's no way to control alcohol--well there's no good way to control marijuana, but it's still happening people. The only difference between prohibition(of marijuana) today and in the past(alcohol) is that instead of learning from experience people accept the propaganda that somehow pot(its a gateway drug-oh noes!) is the devil thats corrupting our children and things along those lines. Imagine that, a plant that has medicinal benefits, as well as hundreds of industrial uses(bio-diesel, clothing, paper, list goes on) is suppressed by TPTB , but something that could kill you a hundred times easier is legal for you to poison yourself with(don't get me wrong, i drink on a pretty regular basis).

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
agreed

Food and Water kill a lot more, erm sorry a lack of it. If you truly want to stop unneeded death (Which prevents overpopulation mind you

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The conspiracy is what caused it to become illegal in the first place. Yes, thats right the 18th amendment was a conspiracy, and it did exactly what it was supposed to do.

The latest fad was to buy a horseless carriage (automobile). This new fangled contraption could go faster and farther than horses and as long as you put fuel in it, you could keep right on going. Horses had to rest, but that was not in issue with an automobile.

Henry Ford sold his automobiles to be powered with alcohol. There were plenty of different liquid fuels that could power his internal combustion engine, but alcohol was the most abundant.

Rockefeller approached Ford asking him look into the possibility of using the Standard Oil Company's gasoline to power the engine. What Ford's engineers found was that both alcohol and gasoline could work just fine in the engine. The only thing that needed to be changed was the timing and the air/fuel mixture. Ford just added levers to adjust these and his costumers could use either fuel.

That's when Rockefeller made a huge donation to the Women's Christian Temperance Union. And the WCTU used that money to buy congress and get the amendment passed. Now it became illegal to use alcohol to power an automobile. Effectively forcing the people to use Standard Oil's gasoline.

With that law in place, Ford stopped making cars with the levers to use alcohol and Standard Oil filling stations sprouted up everywhere.

The driving force to repeal prohibition came from a letter written by Rockefeller Jr. (who was a known teetotaler) expressing his disagreement with the amendment. The letter ended up being printed on the front page of the New York Times.

The prohibition did everything it was intended to do by forcing the american people to buy gasoline instead of using something that can be made in the backyard. Once that was in place there was no need to continue the prohibition, and it was repealed.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haxzor

Originally posted by Faiol
agreed

Food and Water kill a lot more, erm sorry a lack of it. If you truly want to stop unneeded death (Which prevents overpopulation mind you

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yea, I agree with you. it's funny how passionate some people can get about a topic before they actually do research about it. "A closed mind is a terrible thing to use" In the end, i feel it comes down to a Social Hierarchy in which we believe the only way to achieve one's goal is to take it by force. Humans are naturally impatient, And I think that's why we have so many problems; people would rather steal from each other than work to not become dependent on what they need. Its funny how in our modern society America intelligence level has decreased even more. In the past, we would listen to News casters, which was bad enough. Now, a blog on who's "hot in Hollywood" will garner more attention then a humanitarian revolt in Iran... Americas intelligence level has gone downhill. As a Junior in East coast suburbia, i thought I could expect to learn at least something in public education... I learn more online than i do in class... Ironic how the world works, and how many Americans have the misconception they "know whats going on".

EDIT: wow.. sorry for the rambling...

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Haxzor]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
ya hollywood there part of the problem... what a joke some celebs are...

and thank you all for your thoughts.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by obamalivechat]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
When alcohol was made illegal (prohibition) in 1919, crime went up, unsafe alcohol was being manufactured and drinking went up. The reason it was made illegal is because back then, it was believed by certain segments of the population that the "foreigners" (Germans, Italians, etc) were the drinkers and responsible for all the crime taking place. Just like other things that are now illegal, ethnicity was a big push to make many things taboo.

Around 1933 politicians needed a way to bring in tax revenue for their cities. Long story short, the 1933 18th amendment was repealed and alcohol was legal and taxed once again.

Money. Everything revolves around money.

It absolutely is a conspiracy.

[edit on November 8th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Of course, in the US nation-wide the legal drinking age is 21. You can go to war at 18, you can vote at 18, you can get married at 18, you pay taxes at 18, but you can't be trusted to make other important decisions that might affect the rest of your life until you're 21.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join