It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report : 237 millionares in Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

This got me digging a little. I can already see possible acts of Treason with this information.

I looked at Alan Grayson D-Fla.

He owns a large part of a company called Derivion which got major funding for startup from GE Capitol. And he voted several times this year which majorly benefits them in the pocket book.

Alan Grayson may not be perfect but he's one of the best politicians you have. Along with Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul he's one of the leaders of the End the Fed movement. He's grilled Bernanke and others on many occasions....

So he's gone up against one of the most powerful empires ever to exist on Earth.... We owe him our respect and gratitude for putting his neck on the line.

[edit on 011f20090amSun, 08 Nov 2009 04:00:25 -060025 by HiAliens]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
One thing to note is that the figures are based on Known declared earnings and filings. I'd be willing to bet many of them have plenty more in undisclosed accounts offshore.
I did like the idea Jesse Ventura has about having the politicians wear Nascar style overalls, with all of their sponsors names on, so we could see exactly who they answer to.

This is the BIG problem though with career politicians and the lobbying system. It is a breeding ground for graft and corruption, and consequently blackmail too.
It has always been my view that any politician taking any money from lobbyists or special interest groups should automatically be barred from public office.
There is no independent oversight of government allowed, they always get to appoint investigators and manage any investigation into their own actions so it's no wonder they can get away with so much. The only way it is going to change is for the current incumbents and the old boy network behind them to be removed and a new system set up. Limited terms, independent oversight and transparency and absolutely no lobbying money at all.

Now THAT'S change that would benefit the people and the country!

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Britguy]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
You can keep your health care provider if you want?
Now I feel that is just for Congress.
What do you do when those voted into office spite their constituents in a caustic hypocritical fleecing and every unread bill they sign, every mandate ignored, every Grand Jury not made manifest is sign just as deer leave sign on their trail, and by their fruits we may soon judge any oath breaking madman and madwoman who now venture through fairy-tales and rainbow skies in a festive conglomeration of corrupt useless eaters.

I don't see what the healthcare bill passing is so strange.
In the last eight years, the oddness in government has spun exponentially into a crazy land of more and more insanity, once creeping
along, now sprinting in finality of chase ending with a pounce and subdued deathgrip on the jugular of it's victim.....It's victim is you, me, your mother, our fathers, all of us who have or know those that have been stripped of half the savings, while the other half is plummiting in buying power as the dollar is devalued into oblivion.

Congress is doing nothing about this, nor any of the immense crimes over the decades. It is a traffic court of a ponsi scheme that congress masquerades as law makers when it is akin to the best little whore house in Texas, at best, and that's being generously kind..

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I think it's appalling that these people enrich themselves at the public expense, especially considering the privations their electorate are suffering in this recession.

It's nothing new. The locals of High Wycombe, England have a solution of their very own.

The new Mayor is weighed as he takes office ... and weighed as he leaves office. And pity the poor Mayor who's gained weight during the intervening period, because the weighing ceremony is conducted in public !

Pity we can't weigh their wallets too ...

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see if the net worth of these individuals were directly proportional to the amount of time spent in Congress and the committees they served on. I'd bet they were.

This is a strong case for term limits in Congress, for sure.

Interesting that Obama is only worth $4 million but then again he is a newcomer... give him time...

[edit on 8/11/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
disgusting... wheres andrew jackson when ya need him..

Forget Jackson ...... Where's General Sherman when you need him?

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
You can keep your health care provider if you want?
Now I feel that is just for Congress.

Bet you're right. We need to strip away their medical benefits and make them use the same system as the rest of us. Period. No congressman should receive any pension either - they should not be in office long enough to need one.

These perks, unlimited terms, corruption and PAC funding has destroyed our republic. It ain't gonna be pretty when the pendulum slams back the other way.

Time to seek bids for 100 sets of gallows........

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
That why everything benefits the millionaires, we should regulate our government.

And yet you are over gloating that health care reform just passed. What, and I suppose you thought that was for the people?
When are some of you going to step back and see the big corupt picture?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Yeah, I thought about that and I thought it was great when he did that. All for show though.

He has a big mouth and can get in people's stuff is what he is about. He is not supporting Ron Paul, he is supporting the new bill that will do nothing but put a label on it.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
It would be interesting to see if the net worth of these individuals were directly proportional to the amount of time spent in Congress and the committees they served on. I'd bet they were.

This is a strong case for term limits in Congress, for sure.

Interesting that Obama is only worth $4 million but then again he is a newcomer... give him time...
[edit on 8/11/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

No, what is interesting is how much they lie and hide. Just in book sales alone, it would be way beyond that. But I am sure that it is in a family trust that he does not claim as his then.

Think about it. How many books did he sell? I bet way over 25 million. They were not discounted books what so ever. So he would be making at the very least $2.50 each.

Last time I checked, that would be more than 4 million.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
You hear me marching?
You better listen.
You see us comming?
Pay attention.
We're locked and loaded,
best get on steppin.
Youll fearus soon,
that much is certain.

I hope you all like that. I just made it up.

Im just kidding, we love our rich congress dont we folks?
They have been nothing but kind to us since this admin. came to office.
We owe them a debt of gratitude.

DONT STONE ME!! I just kid!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Remember that quote from Mayer Amschel Rothschild (b1744-1812)

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws. "

That pretty much sums it all up.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

We owe them a debt of gratitude.

You are right, we should hurry up and give it to them before they legislate again.

Honestly that bill may be on the docket soon as well. I think it will be called Personal Appreciation in Yearly Salaries for Congressional Hurried Investment of National Assets Act of 2010 (or PAYS CHINA for short)

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Seems to me, they're trying to provoke some kind of reaction by ripping people off, then rubbing their noses in it.
Perfect excuse for martial law and clamping down on the ' subversives'.
A sorting out of the chaff from the wheat, perhaps?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Quit voting for them then. I guarantee..in the next coming elections...countless more millionares will be voted in...there messages shallow..their promises unfounded.

You'll make the same mistake you made last election....voting out of spite...and with no sense of direction.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Seems to make no real difference who you vote for anyway.
Whoever get's in has to toe the line, get set up for a big fall, or get shot.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The only poor person is the black guy who earns $50k/year

and this is not news.

[edit on 11/8/2009 by die_another_day]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This isn't news at all. The articles potential to be news falls short
in not providing the list of how many of these fortunes are old money
vs. new money. How many have been extremely rich their whole
lives? Then again, would that be news?

[edit on 8-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Quit voting for them then. I guarantee..in the next coming elections...countless more millionares will be voted in...there messages shallow..their promises unfounded.

You'll make the same mistake you made last election....voting out of spite...and with no sense of direction.

Quit making sence my friend, it is not allowed anymore.
They voted on that and it is now illegal as well.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The American Government Corporation will not change until they are forced out of office by the American People. Plain and simple, As long as they can Scare, Lie, Cheat, steal, ignore, and create whatever lil ordeal they can to achieve a more unified Personal American ATM.

We have been nothing more than a Means to Acquire Wealth. If you actually felt that sometime in the past 50 years Your vote mattered, Meant something, or had the ability to do what it was designed for, then you are just another out of Millions who have been duped.

I look around, and I see People, Good people suffering, Not because they are ill, But because they are sick of working a job they know is helping make Profits, yet they still keep receiving just enough money to pay their cost of living (if that ) . Yet the company they work for is able to grow, and so does our Government in the process.

Yet we the American people are treated as second rate citizens, Why in a land such as this, where Capitalism reigns supreme are we not cut in on such a wonderful piece of pie, that we have helped create.

I know, Because Our Country, isn't what is used to be, we have given to much power to our government and haven't taken enough responsibility. We Should demand a Audit.

When you too look around, and notice most of the world's problems are related to Money issues, You know one thing and one thing only...

The Human Race Has Failed...

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 10001011

I agree with you, but I don't think an Audit will do much, those who conduct the audit will be on the payroll.

What we need now are people who will keep opposing these crooks and eventually get them out of office and power.

Change is coming, more and more people are awaking to the truth. It will only be a matter of time. As more people get tired of this crap that’s going on we will be able to do something.

There are still people in politics that want to make a change, but those people are far and few in between. Just keep doing what you are doing and WE THE PEOPLE will have over COUNTRY back.

Everyday do something positive towards making a change, even if it is just reading an article and discussing with a friend.

The time is coming, let this people eat and enjoy their crooked "accomplishments". The time is coming just be patient.

Peace.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join