It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report : 237 millionares in Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Report : 237 millionares in Congress

www.politico.com

Talk about bad timing.

As Washington reels from the news of 10.2 percent unemployment, the Center for Responsive Politics is out with a new report describing the wealth of members of Congress.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
These are the people that are now about to vote on a healcare bill that will impose higher taxes and government oversite on healthcare. Quoting the Center for Responsive Politics spokesman Dave Levinthal " What we see through these figures is that many of them have riches well beyond that salary, supplemented with securities, stock holdings, property and other investments.” Not to mention their guaranteed salaries along with the best medical care for life ; all on the backs ot the American taxpayer. I wonder how fast things would change if their 'golden parachute and carpet' were to be pulled from under their feet. Congress has lost touch with the Amercan people and oblivious to the economic dilema this country is in.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
disgusting... wheres andrew jackson when ya need him..

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I wonder how many in the House just became Billionaires after passing that bill?

I guess when the revolutionaries get to them they will learn what "You can't take it with you." really means.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I was just going to say, what are the rest billionaires?Seriously though how can these people have my best interest at heart ?They are so far removed from my world it's silly,And I'm pretty sure their salary's didn't make them millionaires their criminal activities did.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
millionaires are created to support jesuit values. these congressmen and women are only taking care of thier own. its normal these days. the original military and intelligence organization called the jesuit order has taught the world who to model thier organizations after.

i want to see if i type the word jesuit, jesuit coadjutor, if ats will censor me. most likely.

anyway, if i was in the congress, then i would capitalize on inside information too. its a big club and your not in it.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Honestly I would have thought that every single one of them were millionaires.

I am surprised that there are that many non-millionaires in congress.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the story OP!

This got me digging a little. I can already see possible acts of Treason with this information.

I looked at Alan Grayson D-Fla.

He owns a large part of a company called Derivion which got major funding for startup from GE Capitol. And he voted several times this year which majorly benefits them in the pocket book.

I know there are lots of connections with this stuff, if some digging is done.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Until the generation "Y" people wake up, the "I'm for Obama" fools wake up and start to get it, forget about it.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Wow, I just saw Michael Moore's Capitalism: A Love Story, today and this kind of backs up what he talks about. What I think is that these congressmen have made their choice on which side they are on. What sides are there anyway? The poor/middle class versus the rich. The corrupt rich obviously run many things in Washington.

The only thing that we, the poor/middle class of America have over them is numbers. The numbers come in handy when we vote, because according to the constitution we are all equal poltically. They don't want to interfere with the constitution, otherwise we would likely respond. Maybe they will try in the future, when certain events occur.

But like I have stated, we have the power of voting over them. Also something that needs to be said, is that not all politicans are corrupt. Some are there to actually do what they are suppose to, and ensure our happiness and well-being.

Star and Flag, there is obviously something going on, for almost have of House are millionares.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

He owns a large part of a company called Derivion which got major funding for startup from GE Capitol. And he voted several times this year which majorly benefits them in the pocket book.

What you describes sounds unethical. But since Congress investigates its own ethics cases, I guess they have no problem with such deals.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
no wonder congress is so disconnected from reality, there living in the care free world of the rich.

i also hope to some day live there.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Silly ahabstar! Dont you know that they know the secrets to immortality

2nd Line

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I think the solution is have a set amount of money people are allowed to use in campaigns. Average Joe doesn't stand a chance against someone with millions in the bank and many many wealthy friends in high places to help raise funds.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

reply to post by downtown436

Those ones are billionaires!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Trams

I disagree, the elections are rig by both parties, and the winner is the side that pays the most money out to rig the most Diebold election machines with illegal corrupt software to swing all their votes.

It is not the voters that count; it is the counter who counts the vote that counts.
There are no free uncorrupt election anymore it has been proven it is corrupt to the core.
Both parties are corrupt to the core.

How many times do I have to tell everyone, it’s about the money.

VOTER’S WATCHDOG: ELECTION OFFICIALS ARRESTED FOR RIGGING ELECTRONIC VOTING MACHINES; PLUS DIEBOLD ATM MACHINES FOUND TO CONTAIN SECRET ID-STEALING SOFTWARE

NH's own Diebold named in allegations of racketeering scheme 'to corrupt elections in the U.S. over the course of this decade'
Diebold Touch-Screen Memory Cards and Other Documents Sought for Retention as Allegations of Racketeering Scheme 'to Corrupt Elections in the U.S. Over the Course of This Decade' Spread to Encompass '02 and '08 Senate Races in the Peach State...

www.democracyfornewhampshire.com...

Diebold Finally Admits its Voting Machines Drop Votes
Premier Election Solutions, formerly called Diebold Election Systems, has finally admitted that a ten-year-old error has caused votes to be dropped.

www.schneier.com...

www.eastcountymagazine.org...

Vote-Flipping Diebold Machine Removed, Quarantined in CO

www.bradblog.com...

Will The Next Election Be Hacked?
Fresh disasters at the polls — and new evidence from an industry insider — prove that electronic voting machines can't be trusted

www.rollingstone.com...

As far as 237 members being millionaires I am not surprised, how else are they going to make their millions. Passing votes for the corporations that paid there way in offices, one hand washes the other. Some of the biggest corporations in the world lobby to congress to get laws past to benefit them. Let’s not forget that congress has friends in the banking cartel and Wall Street. Let’s not forget that all these people want something, that something to benefit them.

It would be impossible to not to get rich while holding office.

Also remember the medical insurance company were shelling out 113 million a day to try and stop the Health care bill from passing, nothing but bubble gum change to these people. Don’t think for one minute there is no bribery to congressmen to get laws past,. The fact is they just aren’t caught and too many of them in my opinion are on the take.
A lot of these congressmen have their own special interest and that is their bank roll.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

They probably 'off-shored' their riches that's why it's not showing.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hey...don't laugh....I'd bet most of them are billionaires. Think of all the siphoning of TAXPAYER funds have gone to blackhole projects.

If you do even more research, you'll find that some have gone past even billionaire status and went straight to trillionaire. You know the names...oh yes...you know the names.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by PenandSword]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
That why everything benefits the millionaires, we should regulate our government.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
A couple of things to consider.

We want people who are successful to make the laws not people who just don't get it. Thus of course many of them are millionaires

Of course the other consideration is the American Dollar is worth so little that all it takes to be a millionaire is own a large property in a still overly inflated real estate market or a small business.

Out of touch, well no doubt many of them are out of touch. Hell, even my parents are out of touch with my generation and most of them are my parents generation, so what do you expect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join