It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Fast food and Human Performance

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Is We Should blame Happy Meals for our Declining Reaction time because of Mad Cow Disease and We Should blame Soda for our Declining Strength and Durability because it Makes our Bones Easier to Breaks?




posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
n...no?

how can you blame mcdonalds and mad cow disease for something unless you have it. if you have it you really should be getting checked out right now. get mad cow disease from mcdonalds and complain about mcdonalds

as for soda you can take supplements to encourage healthier bones





or you could not drink soda. its as simple as that. its a choice, you should know the health risks. if you partake in unhealthy sodas and foods you have no one to blame but yourself.

ps. it says youve been offline pretty much since youve posted this thread. i would not suggest that for any future threads you start.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]



posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon
 


Well the information on how disastrous these substances are to the human body has been out for sometime. Surely you've heard this before? It's entirely up to you, from the first time you get the notion that these products are bad for your health, whether or not to do the research and/or not use these products anymore.

I haven't had a soda in years. Once or twice a year I get drunk enough with my friend (who's a MC'Ds fiend) and allow myself to eat that junk. Besides that, I eat organic, and cook my own meals.

Oh, I misread what you were asking. I thought you were asking if we should blame the companies makers. My bad. Yes, the products cause a large set of problems. It depends on many factors. How much junk you consume vs. how much REAL foods. Your personal genetics. How much you exercise, etc..

Overall, fast food and soda's definitely lead to a decline in mental performance. I was very dull-witted when I consumed that garbage, and noticed a huge spike in focus, memory, & reaction time after I switched diet.

The fluoride in water & soda's alone will decrease IQ.


[edit on 7-11-2009 by unityemissions]



posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
There is always safety in moderation. Just don't overindulge. I generally tend to overindulge if there's food around, but I don't really care about my health or wellbeing anyway.

If in doubt, check yo'self befo' yo' wreck yo'self.



posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon
 


The dirty secret of the food industry is that partially hydrogenated oil is soy bean oil. Nothing weakens if not destroys the thyroid like soy bean oil. When your thyroid is strong you have energy and can endure more. You are eating soy bean oil if you eat anything fried from most fast food places. This explains why after eating an order of fries most people will need a nap.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by eradown]



posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Most of our processed food is unfit for human consumption. It's that simple. We eat it anyway because we're lazy or apathetic, but it costs us.

Many of us have some sort of notion that it's OK to do harmful things to the body, if you also take steps to counteract the harmful things. This is sadly untrue. Often those countermeasures are as dangerous - sometimes more dangerous - than whatever it is you're trying to fix. Drinking diet soda and taking supplements to strengthen bones is an example. Far better to just avoid the harmful substances altogether.

As I keep saying, since 9/11, McDonald's has claimed more lives than terrorists.



posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if McDonald's cooks with this crap or not. Our livestock get fed tons of hormones and antibiotics on a daily basis which is ridiculously harmful for us to eat. If the livestock weren't fed these chemicals, then there wouldn't be as many of them (cows) and they wouldn't be as big; so prices of meat would skyrocket. Then we wouldn't be able to afford to buy meat at the grocery store. Something has to completely shift for this unhealthy cycle to end.



posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
Is We Should blame Happy Meals for our Declining Reaction time because of Mad Cow Disease and We Should blame Soda for our Declining Strength and Durability because it Makes our Bones Easier to Breaks?

It's the invisible oils.

Two facts...
Human cells are made from the metabolized products of fats/oils in our foods.
Engineered food oils were introduced into our food chain in the 1030's.

How do you identify them?
If it's in processed food, it's engineered.
If it's called 'vegetable oil', it's engineered.
If it is any sort of margarine, it's engineered.

Consequence...
Type 2 diabetes, elevated cholesterol and obesity have spiked since the 1930's.

Would you like fries with that takeout message...
Bad oils = bad cells = bad performance = illness and early death.



[edit on 7-11-2009 by troubleshooter]



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon
 


Pretty much, you are what you eat. If you eat garbage, your body will be like garbage.

Simple, huh?



posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
How can you blame McDonalds?

Are they making people eat their foods?



They're simply selling a product.....and everyone has a choice to accept...or deny.

-Dev



posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
Most of our processed food is unfit for human consumption. It's that simple. We eat it anyway because we're lazy or apathetic, but it costs us.

Many of us have some sort of notion that it's OK to do harmful things to the body, if you also take steps to counteract the harmful things. This is sadly untrue. Often those countermeasures are as dangerous - sometimes more dangerous - than whatever it is you're trying to fix. Drinking diet soda and taking supplements to strengthen bones is an example. Far better to just avoid the harmful substances altogether.

As I keep saying, since 9/11, McDonald's has claimed more lives than terrorists.

McDonald's claims more lives than terrorists through Mad Cow Disease that makes our Reflexes Slower and this contributes more to traffic accidents than alcohol.



posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
What's happen if Fast Food Chains (specifically McDonald's) promotes Zombie Apocalypse? (this works by deadly virus that can turn people into Carnivorous Zombie infects Experiment animals in Monsanto, this animals that died from that virus ends up as one of ingredients of cattle feed in order to give the cattle excessive nutrition for making beef for beefburgers, then the infected beefburgers is feed to people, the virus in the beefburgers turns these people into Carnivorous zombie where the viral infection is contagious through their bite and claws and eats all the animals and human beings that they found, infecting them all in the process)

[edit on 9-11-2009 by masonicon]

[edit on 9-11-2009 by masonicon]

[edit on 10-11-2009 by masonicon]



posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon
 


There is so much ammonia in Mickey D's hamburgers that nothing could survive. well, maybe a MUTATED Zombie virus



posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
reply to post by masonicon
 


There is so much ammonia in Mickey D's hamburgers that nothing could survive. well, maybe a MUTATED Zombie virus

if there is so much ammonia in that Hamburgers people will die too!

[edit on 10-11-2009 by masonicon]



posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
if you have it you really should be getting checked out right now. get mad cow disease from mcdonalds and complain about mcdonalds


Well yhea he should be getting checked out... But just to be pedantic I wan't to point out that a doctor can only suspect a patient has CJD (human form of mad cow)... The only way to confirm a diagnosis is to get the brain, slice it up real thin and put it under a microscope.

Needless to say, they only do this after your dead



And OP - terrible opening post, been seeing a few of these in the last couple of days...



posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gsuboy
It doesn't matter if McDonald's cooks with this crap or not. Our livestock get fed tons of hormones and antibiotics on a daily basis which is ridiculously harmful for us to eat. If the livestock weren't fed these chemicals, then there wouldn't be as many of them (cows) and they wouldn't be as big; so prices of meat would skyrocket. Then we wouldn't be able to afford to buy meat at the grocery store. Something has to completely shift for this unhealthy cycle to end.


It is also important to remember that a by-product of the meat industry is the manufacture of leather goods. We need cheap meat in order to have cheap shoes. It is a symbiotic relationship and I can't quite work out which is the driving force.



posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon
 


All fast food is delicious and filling. I myself enjoy McDonalds once in a while.

However, yes, it does affect human performance. There are so many preservatives in fast food, that your body can not break it down. Over the years, all the junk gets stuck in your colon, not allowing it to absorb the nutrition you need.

I recently underwent a colon cleanse and my my, what a difference in feeling.

We aren't what we eat. But it sure affects how we feel.



posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Davidius
I recently underwent a colon cleanse and my my, what a difference in feeling.



A bowl of porridge every morning will keep your colon free of mucus build up, and doesn't require any invasive tubing. I'd warrant that it is far more cost effective too.



posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
How is McDonalds responsible for more deaths than terrorists?

Last I checked, terrorists don't ask if you want to supersize the bomb before murdering you.

Your dietary habits are your own choice, much like your lifestyle habits, such as smoking, are your own choice.

If anyone is responsible for deaths regarding dietary choices it's the FDA, USDA, ADA, AHA, et al. They're reccomendations are may be responsible for the dramatic increases in obesity and diabetes in America.

-Dev



posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamhat

Originally posted by Davidius
I recently underwent a colon cleanse and my my, what a difference in feeling.



A bowl of porridge every morning will keep your colon free of mucus build up, and doesn't require any invasive tubing. I'd warrant that it is far more cost effective too.

Yes! I agree this!




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join