It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food and Human Performance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by masonicon

Well the information on how disastrous these substances are to the human body has been out for sometime. Surely you've heard this before? It's entirely up to you, from the first time you get the notion that these products are bad for your health, whether or not to do the research and/or not use these products anymore.

I haven't had a soda in years. Once or twice a year I get drunk enough with my friend (who's a MC'Ds fiend) and allow myself to eat that junk. Besides that, I eat organic, and cook my own meals.

Oh, I misread what you were asking. I thought you were asking if we should blame the companies makers. My bad. Yes, the products cause a large set of problems. It depends on many factors. How much junk you consume vs. how much REAL foods. Your personal genetics. How much you exercise, etc..

Overall, fast food and soda's definitely lead to a decline in mental performance. I was very dull-witted when I consumed that garbage, and noticed a huge spike in focus, memory, & reaction time after I switched diet.

The fluoride in water & soda's alone will decrease IQ.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by unityemissions]

What's your diet that you switch to?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Mcdonalds might not directly force people to buy their crappy food but I beileve they indirectly force you thru marketing and the rock bottom prices they have. Lets get real most people in this country are fcking morons that know absolutey nothing about nutrition, why would they spend 1 dollar on a couple pieces of fruit when you can buy a whole double cheeseburger for a dollar. Its absolutely insane, not only that but this food is highly addicitive so once you start eating it(especially in quantity) its very hard to stop.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
In most urban settings, A Healthy food is harder to get than a Handgun or any kind of Drug.

All they have is Corner store after Corner store, Not to mention a Fast food joint every 500 feet. Its very sad, Because if you think about it, some people are actually forced to eat this stuff. Or try and Grow their Own food, which is also being done now.

And if you haven't a car, have you ever tried to carry 4 or more Bags of groceries on the Metro? It just doesn't happen, You have to travel to that distant grocery store daily, or go with the Corner stores / fast food places.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by 10001011]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

I don't disagree, but McDonalds has the right to market their product(truthfully) and make profits. It's our job as consumers to understand the consequences of our consumptions.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by masonicon

Well the information on how disastrous these substances are to the human body has been out for sometime. Surely you've heard this before? It's entirely up to you, from the first time you get the notion that these products are bad for your health, whether or not to do the research and/or not use these products anymore.

I haven't had a soda in years. Once or twice a year I get drunk enough with my friend (who's a MC'Ds fiend) and allow myself to eat that junk. Besides that, I eat organic, and cook my own meals.

Oh, I misread what you were asking. I thought you were asking if we should blame the companies makers. My bad. Yes, the products cause a large set of problems. It depends on many factors. How much junk you consume vs. how much REAL foods. Your personal genetics. How much you exercise, etc..

Overall, fast food and soda's definitely lead to a decline in mental performance. I was very dull-witted when I consumed that garbage, and noticed a huge spike in focus, memory, & reaction time after I switched diet.

The fluoride in water & soda's alone will decrease IQ.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by unityemissions]

What the Diet that You Eat after you switched your own diet?

[edit on 13-11-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You do have a choice, other than mcdonalds. Persoanly i favor burger king ( flame broiled) ro wendys!!! yeah, thier a tad bit more in cost, but hey , remember, yuo get what you pay for

As for colon cleaning, i wa considering this too. Ive done quite a bit of research pat few months, and wanna see what happens. Thiers a products called 'colon cleanse' thats sold at places like CVS, wlagreens, wlamart, ect. It has herbal roots grounded up into a pill, you take 2 times a day. Gentle formula*
Think that stuff is any good, worth a shot? or should colon cleaning be ' see a professional' thing>?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Burger king, mcdonalds and wendys are all exactly the same health wise.

On the subject of colon cleanse they actually don't do very much and are a big scam. Your better off eating a healthy diet then relying on putting a pipe up your bum

www.poopreport.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
colonics can help you, based on waht your diet has been like.
if its bad, you will benefit from getting all that junk purged from teh folds in your intestines. if you have been eating right fora w hile, ti wont do much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join