It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we catch the flu on purpose?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Whoa - crazy thread ahead. Here's my reasoning:

This type of flu so far has an extremely low mortality rate in comparison to the regular flu. In fact, four people at work have been diagnosed with it already and three of them have pulled out of it fine - with the fourth one being in the midst of it. All are in their twenties and late teens.

So far where I am only the people who are high risk have received the shot. The rest of the population get it in December. So we are slated to receive a shot that might have more damaging effects in the long term than the disease it's supposed to protect us from. So...

What if people purposely catch the flu and obtain a note or some sort of official paper from their doctors and hospitals saying that they had it. That way, hopefully once they pull out of it okay, their bodies would have created antibodies and thus...wouldn't need a vaccine. Crazy? I mean why avoid a fight when you can run straight into it and surprise the enemy?

What do you think? I've already loaded up with Vitamin C, D3, and Ibuprofen, and my slow cooker's making chicken soup by the potful just in case I catch it. And honestly, at this point, I'm almost wishing I catch it just so I can fight through it and thus *logically* not need a vaccine.

[edit on 10/26/2009 by nethawk]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Unfortunately they will claim that it can or has mutated, therefor you will still need the vaccine. Of course logic would tell us that if it did indeed mutate the vaccine would be worthless, but they will push it anyways.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
How can you need a vaccine for a mutated virus when it takes roughly between 6-10 months to create a new vaccine? That argument wouldn't stand up in international court.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
They are the ones who have already said this. (they being pushers of the vaccine.) Its illogical but it is already being said.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well, I can guarantee that if the majority of the rest of the population tried to catch it while the high risk people already had the shot, the powers that be would be in a real conundrum.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
No. You should not catch a virus on purpose. That is just plain silly. If you catch it by natural course then deal with it, if not, good for you. Do not do this on purpose. As evidenced by the NY state fiasco about mandating vaccines, they will have a very hard time forcing people to take the vaccine. I'm sure you have many more pressing, REAL things to worry about than the possibility that you'll be forced to take the swine flu vaccine. This is not an emergency situation.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
"I'm sure you have many more pressing, REAL things to worry about than the possibility that you'll be forced to take the swine flu vaccine."

What - you mean greater threats and concerns than being injected with a toxin loaded and untested vaccine or going to a concentration camp and possibly being part of a culled human population? Man - you must live in a really dangerous part of the world! LOL!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nethawk

Nethawk, this whole vaccination thing is real madness. 4 dead in Québec since the new wave, and 750 000 people already vaccinated.

In a weekend, there more deads on the road !

Have you noticed how they are always short on staff in the hospitals, short on staff for doctors. But suddenly, they can find thousands of medical workers in order to get this thing in ours arms ?

I can't stand the news in Montréal, since they only talk about that. That swine flu must be something to diffuse, and hide something bigger.

I don't imagine the flu is use as an excuse like in Mexico this spring in order to break a general uprising or a civil disorder. In Québec, we are
sleepwalkers.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nethawk
"I'm sure you have many more pressing, REAL things to worry about than the possibility that you'll be forced to take the swine flu vaccine."

What - you mean greater threats and concerns than being injected with a toxin loaded and untested vaccine or going to a concentration camp and possibly being part of a culled human population? Man - you must live in a really dangerous part of the world! LOL!

Don't let you imagination get away with you. There is no threat of forced vaccinations - at least for now. Evidenced by the NY state mandatory vaccinations that got overturned. If ever it does become mandatory, then it's time to worry - but not now. Worry is just that - worry... worrying about something that may, or may not, come to pass. It is not a real thing as of now... what IS real right now is unemployment, people losing their homes, etc... Yeah, there's more pressing REAL things to worry about right now. Focus on those if you must have something to worry about.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nethawk

What do you think? I've already loaded up with Vitamin C, D3, and Ibuprofen, and my slow cooker's making chicken soup by the potful just in case I catch it. And honestly, at this point, I'm almost wishing I catch it just so I can fight through it and thus *logically* not need a vaccine.

[edit on 10/26/2009 by nethawk]

Actually, that's not that crazy of an idea. People regularly expose their children to chicken pox when they are younger so they don't get it when they're older. (It's more dangerous when you get it when you're older.)

Also, if it mutates into a more lethal virus, and you catch it before it becomes deadly, you'll have immunity to it later on. (Or at least some immunity.)

Not bad reasoning on your part!

top topics

join