It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Nightmare Confirmed - Jail or insurance?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Here it is.
Pelosi Details !

Isn't there a lawyer up there in D.C. that can raise his hand
and say "Is this unconstitutional?"

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I heard somebody say this is basically the health insurances's bailout. We are forced to buy insurance, probably less coverage, poorer coverage for more money. Everyone who thought the insurance companies were against this and fueling the opposition, I think you were terribly wrong. The insurance companies are loving this.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The JCT letter makes clear that Americans who do not maintain “acceptable health insurance coverage” and who choose not to pay the bill’s new individual mandate tax (generally 2.5% of income), are subject to numerous civil and criminal penalties, including criminal fines of up to $250,000 and imprisonment of up to five years.

Am I missing something here? If it is 2.5% of income then the $15,000 cost represents an income of $600,000 but for us poor folk it is less than I am currtently paying for Blue Cross coverage.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. Seriously people, you better wake up and realize, that Ms. Pelosi and her ilk, are basically declaring war on you. There's no nicer way to put it. If this isn't a declaration against the good hard working people of this country, i don't know what is.

If this passes like this, we better start making plans and taking names cause things are going to get ugly.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The health care reform bill was attached to the troop funding bill for troops going to Afghanistan.

We are so very, very screwed.

What happened to America? It is seriously more corrupt than Mexico now a days.

Well actually all things considered corrupt in Mexico are being legalised in America, that's even worse.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

i highly doubt the bill will make it through like this, and if it does i can all but guarantee civil war will happen. how can you force families living in poverty to give up money needed for food and housing to pay for this? how can you send someone to jail for not wanting health insurance? its not only unconstitutional, its also seriously immoral and unjust. what a sick and twisted piece of garbage miss pelosi is...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisd250

yeah and you know what the best part is? Think about how much it will cost to keep all us poor shmucks who can't pay the cost OR the fines, in jail. Ahh Pelosi, she's such a freggin genius isn't she?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

These won't be regular jails with all the "comforts" of a regular jail!

Have you forgotten the Concentration Camps already set up?
Remember HR 645?!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The bill is not aimed at the poor or unemployed, who will be exempt from the penalties. It is aimed at bilking the middle class.

The long term goal is to eliminate the middle class altogether, so that there are only lords and serfs, kinda like party bosses and proletariats in the old Communist regime.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Talking about health care reform obama said,: 'Now's the Time to Finish the Job'

That sounds scary.

He wants to finish us off.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Secret bills written in the middle of the night.. voting bills out of committee that aren't complete or even written yet ... locking opposition party congressmen out of committee offices ... voting bills out of committee without opposition committee memebers in attendance at all, in violation of the rules... brings us this sort of bullcrap.

And as I've said before, Pelosi actually has the gall to say this is the most ethical Congress evah!! Yeah, right.

It's even more galling considering that they've repeatedly voted down amendments that would require congress members to actually utilize the new public option, rather than their gold-plated benefits packages.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Also buried in the Health Care Bill is this little number:

online.wsj.com...

Just a little tool that Congress will use to get a few more bucks out of the American Public. Check out the last paragraph:

"The return of the inflation tax demonstrates once again the stealth radicalism that animates ObamaCare. In the case of inflation indexing, Democrats would repeal a 30-year bipartisan consensus that it is unfair to tax unreal gains in income, thus hitting millions of middle-class Americans over time with tax rates advertised as only hitting "the rich." Oh, and the House vote on this exercise in dishonest government will come as early as Saturday."

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

The health care reform bill was attached to the troop funding bill for troops going to Afghanistan.

We are so very, very screwed.

What happened to America? It is seriously more corrupt than Mexico now a days.

Well actually all things considered corrupt in Mexico are being legalised in America, that's even worse.

Calm down. When Obama is thrown out of the White House
in 2012 we will have the power to UNDO everything he has
done. We still have hope.
It's not the disaster you think it is.
I look at this moment in time as an opportunity for growth.
Hang in there.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Talking about health care reform obama said,: 'Now's the Time to Finish the Job'

That sounds scary.

He wants to finish us off.

Obama is just desperate.
Team Obama knows that it's now or never.
Another crushing defeat is on the way for the democrats
November 2010.

-----------------------------------------------

Our messenger with the truth.
Thank God for Dave Camp.
Ways and Means Critical Info

See how simple the truth is?
Click on my link at the top of this page.
Who needs a 2,000 page document dump?
All we need is 1 page from the GOP about the fines and jail time
buried in the 2,000 bill.
OK, Now lets see the Rasmussen Poll on PelosiCare!!!
I think it will drop from 42% approve to 3% approve.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Eurisko2012]

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

As long as people keep blaming the front man we will continue to spiral down into oblivion.

It's not Obama or Bush or any other such name we wish to blame, it's only us and our representatives who are at fault. 2012 will not purge the idiocy from our minds only we can do that. We have not in all our history done this so I see small hope for the future.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Location Tortuga???
Is that just north of Haiti?
Wiki pointed me to the location.

We have a way out of this.
Hang in there.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
"Unconstitutional" I am getting sick of hearing that word. When are the people going to wake up and realize that the Constitution Of the United States is not worth the paper it is written on and has not been for some time. While we had our backs turned we have been locked out of the very government that we built. We have let it get away from us and it may be too late to stop it. Voting means nothing now. Protesting means nothing now. Writing letters and sending faxes mean nothing. They have the fire power to do any thing they want and we gave it to them. This is Nazi Germany all over again. They let it happen to them just as we have let it happen to us. It is the same thing all over again. But this time there will be no one to come to our rescue like we did then. We are SOL.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Tortuga is my nickname for Tijuana Mexico. Like in Pirates of the Caribbean.

And yes we do have a way out of this mess. It entails actually educating every man woman and child in America. It entails becoming informed and taking Democracy with sever seriousness and self-accountability.

I will say that your complete fantasy of an Alien coming on 2012 and kicking Obama out of the white house and making the USA the greatest place in the world, is a hell lot more likely than the fantasy I just posted above.

TA!!

Izzy.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

It hasn't passed the Senate.
Joe Lieberman will vote " Nay".

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

We have a way out.
Just watch what happens.