It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Beginning there was One Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I would have thought that the first religious belief had to have been worship of the Sun. The Sun brought safety from the dangers of the night, it brought warmth and it also brought growth in nature.

Most if not all land animals have a concept of the Sun and the seasons, squirrels store food for winter, bears hibernate through the winter, many animals have fertile spring seasons, some are entirely inert until spring, including many species of insects. I doubt any of them have a religious belief, but they know the Sun and the dark.

If humans became extinct and other animals evolved to fill our niche, I would think they would first worship the Sun and only after that develop a spiritual belief in The Feminine, Shamanism, and Animism.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
We learn from duality. God does allow delusions and distortion.

So to say....would God allow the true religion to fall away....yes, if it serves a purpose for us to learn from, then yes. Nothing is mistake. Everything is meant to be, we are to learn from it all.

Many are in the delusion, not learning from it. God doesnt demand worship, to know this one has to know God is humble. Can you be a person with all the power in the world and still be humble? Many cant....but that is the nature of God. All religions give us a truth about man (flesh) and carnal natures.

Religion is of this world, not of spirit. One can become very close with God and not be of any religion.

The delusions are there as a sifter to sift out the lights that are truly seeking for the right reasons. The humble forgiving hearts will see past the delusion and know that it is needed as a marker for those who are not really seeking. Its still all fine, for all will learn and find the way.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The first religion is probably unknown to us, lost along with the culture and people who used it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
some ppl call that religion sanatana dharma..

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
WAKE UP religion was created to divide!

Check out this song I made called "Wake Up" Im not too good with posting links so you would have to hear it off "www.myspace.com/ondeck247". The track was inspired by being a devoted ATS reader for well over a year. I wouldnt consider myself political rap but I had to make a song like this to at least attempt to wake the masses. Check it out it was written, produced and engineered by me. Wake Up people!!!

myspace.com/ondeck247
"Wake Up" by P.Smee for On Deck Ent.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I think your answer is the best I've recieved so far.

Yet, you say that we must learn from it. What is there to learn from when it has been distorted and corrupted into so many different religions which must be so far from the actual truth.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost in the Machine

I think your answer is the best I've recieved so far.

Yet, you say that we must learn from it. What is there to learn from when it has been distorted and corrupted into so many different religions which must be so far from the actual truth.

Well its all a truth. None of it is false. The question is...what is truth about- the life of flesh or what is spiritual truth. Religions mostly teach us about men and the attachment to the Earth. Its like a marker, showing where humanity is and what they are ready for. It was only 2000 yrs ago that man thought God needed them to kill for their sins. This wasnt long ago. We are still very much needing the Earthly ways still. Very few find peace with letting go of Earthly ways.

I couldnt of learned what I have without the many religions. They taught me why men believed what they did for that time, for the way of life they had, for what they needed.

How can we learn how to unite without the guilt of killing of entire nations and cultures? Can we learn unity without knowing selfishness? Can we learn about God before we understand what is of Earth and ways of flesh? Man creates delusions....and leads others that arent discerning. A few out of the many thousand, will actually discern the delusion. The majority will be part of the delusion, blind to their attachment to this life of flesh. How do we find what is of spirit....without knowing what is of man? Killing is of man, selfishness is of man, greed is of man, pride is of man, being fast to anger is of man, hopelessness is of man, ways of force is of man, ways of fear is of man.....all of this can be learned, through religions. The next step, for the very few....is to discern.....if all of those things are of man, that this sphere actually creates these ways for us, this experience seems to be made for us experiencing these attributes.....then what is of God?

It will take the many religions to show the few....what is of God, what is of spirit. How can we know how great the sunshine is if we had it all the time? How can we know how pure the water from a clean spring is if we dont have tap water to compare it to? How can we know what patients and hope really are if we dont experience hopelessness and anger? We have to have duality, to see the yin and yang. We have to have all of these delusions of the flesh, to see what is of spirit.

I have trouble putting in words such things. Bottom line ....what is of flesh is of flesh, what is of spirit is of spirit. How do we start to look for truth about spirit if we havent figured out the truth about flesh first?

Those who try to find the light, even in the darkest of souls....is living for the spirit. Those who understand that Jesus offered his life of flesh back to Earth, from where it came....understand he was only living for the life of spirit, not coming as a sacrifice required by God. In ever event, there is both....something to learn about man and carnal ways....and then something that will show then what the nature of Spirit would be.

We are here to discern. We are to discern which life we are living for. We all start out living a life for flesh, we must survive, our age influences this process of living for flesh....but there isnt much reason past the age of lets say 30....that man shouldnt really start to discern his flesh nature and spiritual nature. Even a atheist can do this and not even know it. If a person feels that certain things are just wrong because they evolve from greed, pride, selflessness, anger, jealously, hate, ect.....this person is starting to discern from their own flesh nature. They dont have to relate this to God....but it is, their most inner humble honest nature is this....is the spirit.

Many are lost at the words of another man. It takes only one man to misled many, but they wouldnt follow if they were discerning. So it is needed. It will be used though, to others, for others, to discern from, to learn why those people believed what they believed. Learn from all religions, so you can get to know man. Then you can step away with a understanding of what is ways of man....so you can discern that these ways are not of Spirit. You must know one first, before you can see the other.

How do I explain something that many will call foolishness...because for them to discern what I say about their religion would cause their whole thought process to fall. It would mean they were following an Earthly way all this time and not really seeking God. So many dont like my words. Isnt that what happened with Jesus. He came and spoke against their ways....and what did they do....yep, they killed him. Man is very well known for doing something and then placing Gods name on the event. Again, its needed....for the future people....to look back on so they have something to discern from...to know the ways of man and flesh....so they can then see ways of Spirit.

The Bible offers this but many dont see. The Bible offers a test....it shows a 'god' image that is of very Earthly ways...was even carried in an Ark, told men to kill animals and offer the blood to Thee....was jealous, prideful and fast to anger. This god image needed an Earthly Kingdom, special land, and special people. Without these Earthly ways....I could not of discerned what God WAS NOT. I followed this way for most of my life, at age 30 I began to see that God was in the book....but not where everyone was going to see Thee. Nothing is given. One must seek, one must discern....the delusion is there to have something to discern from and as a marker for the ones to show they are not discerning.

Every religion has something to learn from...about man. Then take that learning, about man, the ways of flesh.....and see the other side...see what God is NOT.

There is so much more to all of this....its a journey I have been on for several years now.

Does any of that ramble make sense?

My best
LV

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
A Spiritual practice can be sitting alone, where ver it may be....and offer every thought, your deepest being, to the one who offered a part of Theeself, for this experience here. Seek the Holy Spirit. Ask yourself deeply, daily, with every action and behavior you observe in yourself and others, ask yourself what does the word 'Holy' really mean. What does becoming perfect really mean. What does loving others as yourself really mean. What does turning the other cheek serve.

With all of the talk I just wrote about on the nature of man and carnal ways in the religions....I also must very much include that the nature of the Holy Spirit can also be found in them. But these arent always understood as what it really is. In every darkness....there is a light. For every delusion, comes realization.

All lights will return. Energy returns to its source. The seed returns back to Earth, eventually, in some way. Its cycling. The Spiritual Law seems to be all about recycling, wasn't nothing. All is used, all is needed, for some reason. I think this is where the whole blood sacrificing began long ago...was a somewhat understanding that the Spirit of life....was in all life. We will go through the process of killing it, until we can see as a majority and not a few...that life must be respected. The Law of do not kill is a true karmic law. We do reap what we sow....so again, there are many great things of Spirit to learn also, in the scriptures, books, and tablets. The killing for our wrongs is the largest downfall of our carnal natures. It has been a scapegoat while we are in the flesh, causing us create bad karma. But again, its needed, we will learn from our past and the present. Its a slow process. The wine press parable and the vineyard parable are two great readings to learn from about a process, a cycle, powers, and offerings.

Why would a wise man teach in parables? Because the simple man would call the spiritual truths foolishness....why throw pearls to the swine. Each finds their way...which is why another man cant really show someone else the way. One must use their own logic and reasoning, with an honest mind and humble heart. There are religions that strictly tell you its wrong to use your own reasoning's. But yet God made you with a brain and cognitive thinking for a reason. Why not use it I say.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Does any of that ramble make sense?

A little of what you said does. Although you have missed the question. You have a very in depth answer to a question I didnt ask or seek the answer to. The simple question was: Over time, through out the ages, parts of religion has been added by man, not on behalf of God but becuase it would benefit them in some way, Would you call this right? To alter something that doesnt need to be?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

I would call it a part of the natural process here....yes.

My rambles was trying to explain the 'why' this would have to happen...but in short, yes, it is to be this way.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by LeoVirgo]

[edit on 7-11-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

But why? If you posses the knowledge of God(As early man did) and have an understanding of the correct method of communicating with him, why take/add parts of that whilst still with the knowledge that this MAY effect the outcome of how God responds.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The actual truth is woven in things that cant be destroyed-life.

Sorry for my many words.

My best to all
LV

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Depends on what you think people new in the beginning. If you go by the Bible, then Adam and Eve knew God and were given guidelines. I think the truth was people began to relate nature to God. The Sun, the Air, the Water...ect. Anything that had a 'power' or 'force'. So I am careful to say I know that early man KNEW what God was or what Gods nature was.

What was so bad about early man understanding that the Sun gave them life and their food life? For that time and their ways, its understandable why they believed what they did. When drought came...it was credited to a God....when harvest was plenty, it was a blessing from their God. Its understandable why they believed this. Same for other cultures and their beliefs. Im not sure we ever fell away from a knowing what God wanted. I think we have always been slowly moving twards understanding of it though.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Im not sure we ever fell away from a knowing what God wanted. I think we have always been slowly moving twards understanding of it though.

I respectfully disagree. As the world's population grew and spread, People lost contact with the origins of God(Creator). As they did, they made/searched for what they were missing. Perhaps this is where the worship of Nature came from.

Even now, with all the historical documents, and ancient books on the origins of where we all came from, there is still alot of guess work about the VERY beginning. I dont think mankind will ever fully be able to say without doubt that we came from X and the firs religion was X.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
In the beginning...? Archeologists and historians have little evidence of religion. Cave drawings, that is it. NO modern religion can claim to be the original. The closest would be paganism (nature-worshiping), but even that is Neo-paganism. Most ancient teachings were word of mouth, and never written. Thanks to modern religions (namely Christianity and Islam), any written (heathen) words were erased from history. I am not knocking those religions just stating facts.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I respectfully disagree. As the world's population grew and spread, People lost contact with the origins of God(Creator). As they did, they made/searched for what they were missing. Perhaps this is where the worship of Nature came from.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you so sure that your statement is more correct? What makes you think there is only one God or a God at all?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost in the Machine

Im not sure we ever fell away from a knowing what God wanted. I think we have always been slowly moving twards understanding of it though.

Even now, with all the historical documents, and ancient books on the origins of where we all came from, there is still alot of guess work about the VERY beginning. I dont think mankind will ever fully be able to say without doubt that we came from X and the firs religion was X.

So how do you suppose they knew the origins of God? Do you think God once was different, more reachable, explaining to man the way?

I think it makes more sense that if we are having to find and discover our way now then its likely always been this way, never having a for sure 100% knowing. What sense would it make for people to fall from God purposely? If you KNOW its God and you KNOW its your maker, who would fall away from this?

In the OT the stories make it sound as if it was obvious that God was contacting the people and leading them. But was it really obvious? If it was, do you think people would able able to ignore their maker and choose to just walk the other way from Thee?

Its not obvious there is a Spirit....I think it has always been this way. And likely in the beginning...with the awareness of forces of nature and powers, it wasnt like a worshiping of nature....it was more like an awareness, a consciousness of it, a reverence of it. Respect for life. I think this is the beauty of God, the answers are in life itself, through cycles and orders. It has always been here....but man being complicated, needed MORE. They needed to glorify their beliefs and do things for gratification from other men. So instead of finding God in the cycles of life now, people find Thee in books, man made objects full of mans words.

When people had to count of the sun, seasons, cycles, to survive and live.....they were closer to 'knowing' God through learning about life. We have so many distractions now....and so many books of men.....that very few are seeking the precious jewels that God left here from the very beginning.

There is still hints of this reverence of nature in todays religions. If you study one religion, and study the few religions that were in that same land before the other, you will see how one stems from another. Practices, traditions, beliefs....they all move along in time with the people.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to

post by sharps

"I would have thought that the first religious belief had to have been worship of the Sun. The Sun brought safety from the dangers of the night, it brought warmth and it also brought growth in nature.[...]"

...a good point... but under the microscope, i would say that SUN worship

would have evolved, because a higher & more sophisticated intellect
was needed to consider the elements of heat, warmth, safety in light
associated with the 'SUN', these are all Abstract thoughts

whereas intrinstic Fear, pregnancy & birth were primal elements of life
that were profound and universal on a experiencial level. thus Womanhood
and connections to the unknown gods & beneficial herbs/ointments/rituals via shamans were more basic to early menkinds

thanks for your input....

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Some Critiques of the Feminist/New Age "Goddess" Claims
www.debunker.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Fear of darkness created the superstitions, superstition led to variety of belief then to the organised religions according to the human local and tribal traditions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join