It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof! Of previous Civilizations and Cataclysms!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Pretty sure no one thinks these are evidence of current habitation. At least I don't. That argument is a red herring.

But if the profferred expalnation is true, then there'd be literally dozens of such places everywhere you look, but there are only a few. The land and the ocean have swapped places in many areas of the world many times: how else to you explain seashells in the Rockies? therefore, it isn't beyond the realm of possiblity that there are ancient cities to be found on the seafloor.

The easiest way to debunk is to go look. Surely there's someone somewhere with the wherewithal to accomplish that. Hell, Google can afford to go there and prove their point, if they're telling the truth.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Thank you, Well said, look forward to the reply.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Pretty sure no one thinks these are evidence of current habitation. At least I don't. That argument is a red herring.

I'm not questioning current habitation, I'm questioning habitation period. Current geology places these areas underwater for millions of years.

The land and the ocean have swapped places in many areas of the world many times: how else to you explain seashells in the Rockies? therefore, it isn't beyond the realm of possiblity that there are ancient cities to be found on the seafloor.

Half truth mixed with sensationalist speculation in my opinion.

LINK

The easiest way to debunk is to go look. Surely there's someone somewhere with the wherewithal to accomplish that. Hell, Google can afford to go there and prove their point, if they're telling the truth.

Impossible or nearly so as these places seem to exist where our best submarines are unable to venture. Nor do I see any reason for people to conspire against such a magnificent discovery as it would demand that everyone involved or with the knowledge of the processes involved would inherently *have* to be in on the conspiracy. Yet some how only those who have the "truth" are those who can't back up that truth?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Bliss Pure Bliss!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaulKCA
reply to post by sirnex

Bliss Pure Bliss!

Are you offering an alternative to the observed effects of how mountains form? If you are I would love to hear it along with any evidences besides look at these pretty looking lines under water they must be roads type arguments.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

No arguments here, they are pretty lines. Perhaps you will do us the honor of explaining in your words how mountains form? And further how the sea shells came to be there?

[edit on 10-11-2009 by PaulKCA]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaulKCA
reply to post by sirnex

Translation: "I am sorry, I am not of the intellectual capacity to respond in any reasonable, civil or slightly intelligent manner. I am currently devoid of any ability to apply my thoughts into written language in that you may be able to understand what I am trying to say."

Hey, it's OK buddy, I've had a couple three year old's before, I hear ya loud and clear!

No arguments here, they are pretty lines. Perhaps you will do us the honor of explaining in your words how mountains form?

OMFG HE CAN TALK!

I posted a link. in my previous response, if needed I suppose I could go to umpteen number of geology sites on your behalf.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by sirnex]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Have any of my posts here represented the inability to talk? As stated previously, will not explain to you, as the answers you seek are already here!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Some years ago on a visit to the Hualapai Nation, we toured the grand canyon caverns. There in the main gallery 260 feet below the surface are two stuffed animals recreated from the the skeletal remains found within the cavern when it was discovered. One is a bobcat that still exists locally to this day, the other is a Giant Sloth. As time is non linear, the echoes of it's cries while trying to dig it's way out of its tomb as evidenced by its claw marks on the granite wall, still haunt its resting place to this day.

Supposition, Termination of all life on surface from impact event in what is now AZ and resulting geologic effects.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Hi Sirnex.
I think that, you are a sensible man, as any of us.
Just looking for TRUTH.
Aren't you ?
Well.
A few posts ago, i told tou : " you should read some books" ...
I meant you should read Velikhovsky's books.
Oh ya ! I know ! "He's an asshole".
May be he isn't.
There are FACTS. And facts are not "assholes".
Have youn heard about Tihuanaco ?
In Tihuanaco's area, there are agricultural terraces (meant for growing crops) which are nowadays at an altitude of more than 4000 meters high.
This means two things :
- 1) Men have built them.
- 2) As crops do not grow correctly over 1500 m, they were built at 1500mp or less.

Which means that during a historical period (when men as we know them were living) there has been an upheaval of the Tihuanaco's plate at least from 1000-1500 m to more than 4000 meters.

An upheaval of more than 2500 meters !

You realize that ?

Do you know that the ALPS, a few thousand years ago, were easily foot-crossed ?

Do you know that on the Everest, the highest mountain on earth, one coulds find RECENT mollusks's shells ?
"Recent" meaning mollusks which are nowadays common ?

You see, there is much more to LEARN about this than to DENY.

In fact, as long as you won't have given a good answer to the problem of the mammoths frozen in the siberian permafrost, with their food frozen in their mouth, you won't have improved your knowledge.

Respectfully, you have a lot to learn.
We have all been in that state, at a time.
Don't forget : it's up to you to learn more.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Thank you! Reverence to you, agree with a****ole comment, certainly can be! As callous as many remarks have appeared they are meant to stir the conscious on a deeper level with the intent of expansion. In truth personally believe in unity. And the truth in the statement, In La Kesh

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

We have all been in that state, at a time.
Don't forget : it's up to you to learn more.

That's exactly my predicament, I have been where you folks are now and it is exactly through looking into these different claims that lead me against them. Nearly everything I used to believe, such as the thing's posted here in this thread, I later learned through verifying those claims that they were pure BS. Money making ideas, interesting stories generate a decent revenue you know. I don't accept anything that I don't see evidence for or that goes against common sense and logic. Hell, I used to be a huge advocate for an advanced ancient civilization believe it or not!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PaulKCA

WOW! That must have been one powerful sloth to leave claw marks in granite!
I can't even begin to imagine the sheer pressure involved that would needed to have been applied to leave such a sustained visible mark!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Orkson, What do you suggest?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I keep reading his posts and laugh everytime. He keeps stating geology like its a proven science. Science has come to be wrong and it will stilll be wrong untill we know everything. I meen comeon people, they think the sphinx was built with the egyptians. Yet there are clearly water erosion marks on the base of it. And whens the last time water was that plentiful in it? 10,000 or so years. Many scientists has come forward with this, yet they throw the idea out because it goes against their standard beliefs of history. Answer me this. It took us how long to achieve our current state from our known history. 5,000 years? 6,000? And yet modern homo sapiens have been around for 125,000-150,000 years. If we could advance so quickly in 5,000 what the hell were we doing the other 140,000 years. Common sence tells me somthing most have been happening, oceans shift and sea levels rise and fall. The fact the nearly every culture has a flood myth, most having told of a great people destroyed by the flood and its survivors seeding knowlege across the world. Even the cultures of modren day africa have flood myths, yet clearly to you every flood myth revolves around people who live by the sea

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Knowledgeseeker5434

Thank you for your intelligent input! If there are others watching please feel free to assist.

What are your thoughts on the advances in civilization if you can actually call it that, in say the last 60 years?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sirnex,

Sometimes, for the sake of your own sanity and well-being, you have to ignore the deluded ignorant idiots around here.

That's what the ignore function is for.

After all, you can't help people that refuse to be helped.

Harte

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The age we live in now is what I like to call as a Technologicaly advance Dark age. As we have the technology do do great things we all live in social ignorance of our past and our future. Now I can either contribute to our great technology to two things. One that mankind really is smat to advance this quicky but was held back due to religion calling anything against itself blackmagic. If the darkages never happened and in my belief(not to bash religion or anything) religion was never an issue we would be a much better society then we are now. Or this is a theory I think could be as well, we are recieving technology from an alien source. But back to my first reason, due to the dark ages and religions persecution of technology mankind was forced to live still for thousands of years only slowly moving up technologicaly. Due the america and most countries now taking a seperation of religion and state have we been able to advance so quickly as we have now. So perhaps befor the flood, or whatever cataclysm happen was mankinds true golden age. Perhaps that is why most cultures refer to the golden age as being done past and we are now slowly declining. Even the Bible speaks of this. Babylon was the golden head of the statue, persia was the silver, roman and byzitinn(sp?) the copper and now we are the feet made from silver and clay, the least expensive and durable of the metals. I say again, if we made such great leaps in 6,000 years, and mankind has been here for 150,000 its complete nonsence to say there wasnt an advanced human culture befor our previous known history. That can make up for why we all build pyramids, and why as history goes back and back our beliefs and such start getting more alike.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Knowledgeseeker5434

He keeps stating geology like its a proven science.

So far it's stood up to scientific scrutiny, must say something don't you agree? A lot of what is predicted for is observed.

Science has come to be wrong and it will stilll be wrong untill we know everything.

Translation: Science is wrong because I said so and it will only be right when it damn well learns to agree with my claims that lack evidence!

I meen comeon people, they think the sphinx was built with the egyptians. Yet there are clearly water erosion marks on the base of it. And whens the last time water was that plentiful in it? 10,000 or so years.

Technically, it wasn't water it was sand during dust storms that have been demonstrated to show similar erosion marks as rain falling. Being that the sphinx lies in the middle of a desert... well... Duh? I mean, it's the only thing I can conclude.

Many scientists has come forward with this, yet they throw the idea out because it goes against their standard beliefs of history.

So where are these supposed scientists and their evidence? Surely you don't mean the money making pseudo-scientists who bank on gullible retards?

Answer me this. It took us how long to achieve our current state from our known history. 5,000 years? 6,000? And yet modern homo sapiens have been around for 125,000-150,000 years. If we could advance so quickly in 5,000 what the hell were we doing the other 140,000 years.

Holy sweet Jesus, by that logic there must have been some HUGE IMMENSE MIRACULOUS MAGICAL shift of being or intervention in that last one hundred years! OBVIOUSLY IT WAS ALIENS because we're way to dumb to even place rocks on top of each other which means we MUST be to dumb to invent a computer on our own.

Common sence tells me somthing most have been happening, oceans shift and sea levels rise and fall. The fact the nearly every culture has a flood myth, most having told of a great people destroyed by the flood and its survivors seeding knowlege across the world. Even the cultures of modren day africa have flood myths, yet clearly to you every flood myth revolves around people who live by the sea

Can you cite sources for African cultures with flood myths that live near no body of water and are not nomadic?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Proof of Yet another blissful existence! Why do you Geniuses stay here and exercise your Ignorance?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join