It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof! Of previous Civilizations and Cataclysms!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sirnex: “Point taken, so why no worldwide destruction mythologies? Why no mythologies depicting mountains forming that quickly?”

More appropriately, if you *actually* compare them you'd notice that none even agree with each other. They aren't the same story in the slightest. You can't just claim that because a people that live near water at various times and experience a flood and turn it into a myth that this must mean that they all remember some long ago cataclysm.

****The flood stories are about that destruction. They also have in common great conflagrations, falling rocks, mud, gravel and water. The evidence for sudden elevation is in the mountains themselves. If they were formed slowly they would not have high jagged peaks. Why don’t we see it happening today? If there was a cosmic catastrophe you likely would.

Their flood myths all speak of destruction, not just rising water.
They did tell the story; you have not reviewed the evidence.
You have not reviewed the Expanding Earth site. Therefore you answer is dishonest.

Essan, I have the book “Cataclysm” by Allan and DeLair They also site these Alaskan finds which were not mentioned in the intro that I sited for that book, so I went elsewhere for it. Fact is the bones and vegetation were found. Such collections of diverse animal bones are found all over the world and are all dated to the same time.
Also not mentioned are the Elongated Lakes as evidence of the Cosmic catastrophe.
All oriented NW/SE with the skinny end to the NW. like something came from that direction a gouged the trench. The suggestion is that Earth was hit with a great hail of cosmic debris
Alaska lakes

North Carolina also has thousands of lakes, tho not as long, they are likewise oriented in the same direction as the ones in Alaska.

Carolina lakes

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone

Also not mentioned are the Elongated Lakes as evidence of the Cosmic catastrophe.
All oriented NW/SE with the skinny end to the NW. like something came from that direction a gouged the trench. The suggestion is that Earth was hit with a great hail of cosmic debris
Alaska lakes

North Carolina also has thousands of lakes, tho not as long, they are likewise oriented in the same direction as the ones in Alaska.

Carolina lakes

Just speculation and conjecture. Here's some meat to go with your Potatoes.

History of Lake Waccamaw, NC

"Many explanations have been advanced for the origin and orientation of the Carolina Bay Lakes and swampy depressions (the 'Carolina Bays"), including meteor impact and limestone dissolution (Melton and Schriever, 1933; Johnson, 1942; Prouty, 1952; Livingstone, 1954; Schriever, 1956; Thom, 1970), but at present wind and wave action are most widely considered to be responsible for the initiation and shaping of the Bays (Kaczorowski, 1977)."

Alaska's Mysterious Lakes

Lakes come in all sizes and shapes, but they're rarely oriented in the same direction," said Jon Pelletier, an assistant professor of geosciences at The University of Arizona in Tucson.

Now Pelletier has proposed a new explanation for the orientation, shape and speed of growth of oriented thaw lakes. The lakes' unusual characteristics result from seasonal slumping of the banks when the permafrost thaws abruptly, he said. The lakes grow when rapid warming melts a lake's frozen bank, and the soggy soil loses its strength and slides into the water. Such lakes are found in the permafrost zone in Alaska, northern Canada and northern Russia.

Previous explanations for the water bodies' shape and orientation invoked wind-driven lake circulation and erosion by waves.

"We knew about the thaw slumping, but we didn't know it had to do with the shape of the lakes," Pelletier said. His new mathematical model describing the formation of oriented lakes by thaw slumping will be published on June 30 in the Journal of Geophysical Research.

Pelletier's interest in oriented lakes was sparked by teaching geomorphology, the study of landforms. "'Oriented lakes' is one of the classic subjects that comes up in class. There was a textbook explanation that I didn't find convincing, so I decided to tinker around with alternative models."

Pelletier does his tinkering by plugging mathematical equations into a computer.

"The computer allows you to put the processes into the model and say, 'If the winds blow this way, what kind of a lake would you expect to see?' or 'If it's from thaw, what would we expect to see?' You do still need to go and see, do the winds blow this way or does the thaw happen that way."

On Alaska's North Slope, the prevailing winds blow perpendicular to the long axes of the lakes. According to the traditional explanation, such winds set up currents within the lakes that erode the banks, particularly at the lakes' ends. Such currents would erode coarse-grained, sandy soils faster than fine-grained clay soils.

According to Pelletier, one key ingredient for oriented thaw lakes is permafrost – the special mixture of soil and ice that forms the surface of the land in the Far North. On the north coast of Alaska and at similar latitudes throughout the world, the top, or active, layer of the permafrost melts at some point in the summer and refreezes again in the fall.

Come on guys.... where's the beef?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm with the op on this one. Ship tracks my rear. If it were from ships and their sonar then the whole ocean would look that way. Make no mistake, there is not one piece of ocean the U.S. Navy has not recorded. The U.S. Navy's charts have been classified for the longest time.

Ancient civilizations have been found in just about every ocean so why is this so hard to believe.

While the one off the Canary islands is not Atlantis it is an old city, Atlantis is off the Bahamas as Edgar Cayce said it would be.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Welcome Thank you for an objective view of the data set forth. Just to make certain no misunderstanding occurs at this point, my interest has never been about who knows or not.

I Require Relevant Data Supporting an Acceptable Alternative Explanation To What Has Been given, as Deception is an Unacceptable Answer! And Until Now No One Has Provided Tangible Evidence Otherwise!

[edit on 10-11-2009 by PaulKCA]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Sorry Amenesis, The wind is not a good explanation. They are grasping at straws there.
What is so hard to understand about cosmic debris being the cause?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The unacceptable answer:

“What users are seeing is an artefact of the data collection process.… Bathymetric (or sea floor terrain) data is often collected from boats using sonar to take measurements of the sea floor.… The lines reflect the path of the boat as it gathers the data. The fact that there are blank spots between each of these lines is a sign of how little we really know about the world’s oceans.”

I know that text was posted earlier but it's worth repeating when considering the next statement also from GE.

"The image reflects a mixture of bathymetric data from sonar and satellite altimetry, which provides an estimate of the ocean floor topography based on wave height."

Everyone knows that Google Earth is a composite of thousands of satellite images taken over a period of time. Doesn't it make sense that the Ocean floor imagery is also a composite of bathymetric data from sonar and satellite altimetry?

Does anyone here think that those images are raw satellite images?

More from GE:

"The intersection of these two data sets, which don't align perfectly, is what produces the appearance of a street grid. Similar grid lines can be found in other parts of the ocean where the sea floor has yet to be completely mapped, such as near Hawaii."

Anyone who's spent any time looking around on GE has seen funny looking glitchy, overlapping images. The image at the coordinates; 31°15'15.53"N,24°15'30.53"W is just a glitch, nothing more nothing less, IMO. These images certainly aren't "proof" of anything like an ancient underwater civilization as the OP originally claimed.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Sorry Amenesis, The wind is not a good explanation. They are grasping at straws there.
What is so hard to understand about cosmic debris being the cause?

I could understand it better if there was evidence supporting that theory but there isn't. (baiting you)

There is however, evidence supporting the wind scape theory. (more bait)

I suppose I could ask the same question to you; what is so hard to understand about the wind shaping a sandy landscape? Did you read about the perma-frost slumping as well? How about the sedimntary analysys?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
OK so besides the boring personal attacks on each other, can we get back to the thread. If this a image of the remnants of a human settlement, I don't see where we can prove that they were advanced, Atlantis or a civilization from this?

If it was so advanced, why is it submerged? That's if its not sedminetary lines.
Why do grid lines indicate "advanced". Grid lines in rock suggested stone users, advanced is us today (subjective) our imprints would leave far more complex remains from our architecture,water control, electricity grids, farming, processing plants, factories etc unlike here we have nothing advanced,only simple line carvings (if thats what they are) which indeed prove nothing other than stone was used. We all need to brush up on our understanding of the word advanced.

A civilization is Egypt, Greece, Maya, Inida, China etc, leaving empires, literature, art, music, religion etc not a grid like town, snapped from GE. A civilisation leaves remains and impacts on the earth whether it sunk or not, there is no plausible explanation why nothing would remain from a " advanced civilisation". Certainly Atlantis may have existed as a small town, that can be forgotten, but not an advanced civilisation, not even a million years can hide that kind of activity on the earth.

Why is this grid Atlantis, if it is human structure remnants, why does it make it Atlantis? there are underwater remnants around the world, this doesnt make any of them automatically Atlantis.

I suggest you first observe the grid, and prove what it is, remains of human activity, or sedimenatry rock, or whatever.... this has been done before over the last year with the GE finds. Leave Advanced Civilisations and Atlantis well out of your research till you find something that remotley supports either term.

Zazz

[edit on 10-11-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Nice to see a return to the topic at hand.

Please, when confronted with off-topic posts, hit the alert button rather than responding.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
A letter just written to an objective observer

I postulate that the most plausible answer to this data is that the plates swap positions as the earth's rotation ceases due to planetary electromagnetic stress induced by cosmic events that apparently have already begun as evidenced by the anomalies currently active throughout our solar system, as the earth stops the oceans overflow their basins thus exerting pressure on already overburdened planetary plate structure due to cultural imbalance, that then sink, while submerged plates rise, as they all ride according to current knowledge on an elastomer. However an alternative theory exists that in my opinion is to compelling to disregard, and is supported with tangible evidence from reliable sources that would also account for many mythological anomalies that have always existed throughout known history! Yet unproven! That is why I believe This Data so Relevant. I further postulate that this planet is designed to do so. And whether externally controlled or not this process has the theoretical ability to do so quite efficiently if you examine the exoskeleton like structure of the plates as we know them..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join