It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacramento Arden Mall bans sagging pans and hoods...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is a thing for few reasons, saggy pants are getting retarded and it looks stupid, and seeing other peoples underwear in a family type environment is not cool either. The hoodies are good as well...

Seem like the black community would be effected the most by this and there will be a lot of "you racists!!!" thrown around at this rule...

this might actually get stupid or it might work out good for everyone

www.fox40.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
They did this in Augusta GA a year or so aga.

There were people on there talking about how it goes against a certain culture and bs like that.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
"If you're wearing a hood, you're up to no good"

And that is the truth!

-----------------------------

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Private property-no problem with it.

it will cost the mall business though. You can count on that.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i can understand the pants because being clothed while out in public is generally considered good.

and the hoods...well i guess they can conceal your identity if youre stealing?
but then so do some hats...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
"If you're wearing a hood, you're up to no good"

And that is the truth!

-----------------------------

Not so much.

I wear hoods all the time.

I am also a special ed teacher and volunteer. I raise a kid thats not mine. I spend enough time trying to take care of other people, that half the time I cant take care of myself.

Don't be so quick to judge.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Many malls, and other venues already have this rule. I think it is great!

Gang Signs come in many shapes and forms that the average mall goer won't necessarily know! Left pant leg up and sleeve up, or pick on one side of the head or the other. Red, Blue, Tats, etc.

So, banning ridiculous looking clothing styles serves several purposes. It might even save the life of some wannabe kid imitating urban culture and offending the wrong person!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Private property, private ownership, they can do as they please.

The hoods I can certainly understand, a lot of theft goes on in Malls and this is simply a way to make sure that they can identify folks when they are entering or leaving the mall.

The pants thing, well that's going out of style any way as far as I can tell. A little silly if you ask me, but hey again, to each his own I guess.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I disagree.

The hoodie ban is there because when you have a hood on, the cameras can't get a picture of your face. Most likely you're up to no good wearing a hood when it's still over 80 degrees out here.

Banning the stupid baggie pants will also help make the mall a family friendly environment.

I think that it will bring business to the mall.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

I disagree.

The hoodie ban is there because when you have a hood on, the cameras can't get a picture of your face. Most likely you're up to no good wearing a hood when it's still over 80 degrees out here.

Banning the stupid baggie pants will also help make the mall a family friendly environment.

I think that it will bring business to the mall.

Not arguing the hoodie rule whatsoever, in fact, as I said, I agree with it.

I was more pointing that comment at the idea that "wearing a hood means you're up to no good".

Think about who the major patrons of malls are. Obviously, parents spend money, but their business is done through teens.

They will lose patronage.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by captaintyinknots]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I have to agree, the majority of mall business comes from teens on the weekend spending all of their money on the "big" ticket items that malls offer such as expensive clothing, electronics, DVD's etc..

There are MORE adults who frequent the mall, but they make smaller purchases.

I think they will see a small drop in patronage or just flat out rebellion from those who already frequent the mall.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Good. I can't wait for the trends to change again and I don't have to look at some dudes arse cheeks anymore. My daughters boyfriend had that style for a while, I'd always ask him if he needed to borrow a belt, because his seemed to be broken.

btw, the Police love the baggie belt below the cheek look. Have you ever seen one of these punks try and run from the PoPo. Hilarious.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by The Undertaker]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

ha nice question to ask.

i went through about 3 months of that..now i just buy pants..and if they fall a little bit they fall..but nothing that i need to continually pull up. i just don't like belts in general...maybe im just a suspender guy..once those things come back into style i'll be made in the shade.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Since we are making it "family friendly" by banning saggy pants can we also ban low cut blouses that show cleavage? How about shorts that barely cover the ass cheek?

How about shirts that show a womans (gasp) stomach?

How about "low rider" jeans that show womens thongs and ass crack?

How about guys who wear pants so tight it leaves a "dick print" where you can clearly see their package?

How about fat people, who's belly pokes under their shirt? Or people with bad odor? Or armpit stains? How about people with dirty teeth and or bad breath?

Where does the idiocy stop?

I don't understand how some people with baggy pants is a threat to peoples "family values".

I can understand the wearing a hood indoors bit, although I tend to wear mine indoors alot. Sometimes my hair looks like crap, other times I'm just to used to having it up, I don't think about it.

edit to add, people with messy hair.

[edit on 11/3/2009 by ThaLoccster]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
i don't like it either but,,,,,

this is a slippery slope,,,, what happens wehen it comes around to all of us,,,, or only green shirts and dockers around

so are you okayu with me wearing a speedo around the mall????

i certainly hate those old guys on the beach with speedo's and there hairy backs but i respect there right to wear it

your ass hanging out is one thing,,, underwear well,,, not so much

as someone else mentioned,,,, what about fat girls wearing thongs,,, all there underwear are thongs,,, the underwear have no choice,,, choking in there owners cracks

yeah you think it's good now because you don't like it,,,, but what happens when it goes 3 steps further like this stuff always does

here's some headlines i've seen,, google mall ejections, shirt

--A St. Petersburg minister says the expulsion of his son from Tyrone Square Mall was wearing a cap turned sideways was racially motivated.

--Mall Security ejects Jazz Band for anti-Bush shirts

--man arrested over antiwar t-shirt

--A Selkirk man says he was arrested Monday for expressing his objection to possible war with Iraq at Crossgates Mall. He says all he did was wear a T-shirt bearing a message of peace, which he actually purchased in the mall.

--Guard to Louisiana Shopper: Remove Headscarf or Leave Mall

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Good god, you have got to be kidding me. Im so sick and tired of people making up these STUPID BS rules. GET A LIFE. While they are at it, they might as well ban cloths that reveal too much Cleavage...got to ban shorts cause they show too much leg...ban tideeye shirts and pants, lets ban thongs because they reveal too much ass and not enough pantie, lets ban mohawks cause they are just soo offensive too my eyes, lets ban our Animals from walking around in pure daylight because they are always naked, lets ban make up cause it makes girls look like whores, lets ban facial jewelry because it is just gross, should I continue?

These people are getting so damned retarded I cant help but laugh at the stupidity.

top topics

join