It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President's access to government projects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Does the President of the United States have access to every government project? Could he walk right into Area 51 (for example) and see anything he wants? Could they possibly turn him away? Could he go anywhere in NSA HQ? See anything?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Doubt it, he's only a temp, he's not high enough in the pecking order and besides if he tried to go anywhere he shouldn't , they'd just tell him " In the interests of National Security, there's no access to you , Sir".
After all National Security of the USA overrides the President right? without the US of A there IS NO President. the President ISN'T the USA.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
But he is the commander in chief of the military also.

What kinds of things do you think he is banned from?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BigCity1

Your question was relating to Area 51, and probably other 'alternative' non military sites that do not 'exist', look on ATS to find some more sites. He may be the C-i-C but as for top secret projects he probably wouldn't be allowed in case it jeopardises any research.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So do you think there are levels of security clearance ahead of the President? i.e. is there anyone who has total access? Or is it compartmentalized?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Doubt it, he's only a temp, he's not high enough in the pecking order and besides if he tried to go anywhere he shouldn't , they'd just tell him " In the interests of National Security, there's no access to you , Sir".
After all National Security of the USA overrides the President right? without the US of A there IS NO President. the President ISN'T the USA.

You are right. The President can't go any where he wants. It would really be a really bad move on his part if he did try and get a hold of some of these things. They would deem it a National Security risk to have him know these things. It has happened in the past where a President tried to do it.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BigCity1

The easiest way to keep many secrets is to have lots of groups of small numbers of people 'in the know', there may be a singular person incharge of it all but I highly doubt it. There may be a 'head honcho' but only as a figurehead , like the President , he doesn't make the law, he has people 'suggesting' or making policy for him.
There will also be a small number of powerfully placed people but they'll all have plans within plans, projects within projects, and not all of them would know what the others are upto.
Hence all the fear and paranoia they have against not only themselves but about us the people finding out as well.
So to say its compartmentalised would be an understatement.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

When you look at what the President and what he does, you get what you see and nothing else and get nothing more. There are other people for other positions.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sd7000

Agreed!!

Second line coz I really can't think of anything else to say at this present time, but I may think of something later.

Oh look a third line

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sd7000
reply to post by DataWraith

When you look at what the President and what he does, you get what you see and nothing else and get nothing more. There are other people for other positions.

the problem as i see it, is that you still have someone that knows what's going on. there has to be, in place, some kind of authority that can make decisions without the threat of being compromised. the president is the logical choice. he has the power of public trust, by being in the office of the president, he has the control over the military, he has the ultimate bully-pulpit, plus the fact that he is a leader that would be monitored constantly, so that any type of rougue thinking or unusual actions would immediately be recognized. he also would know that because of his position, his family would come second in a catastrophic event.

no black ops leader would have all of these public checks and balances on his behavior, thus making him vulnerable in a number of ways. having said this, i am not so naive to believe that he knows everything that is going on, but i believe he does have access to it if he so desires.

i was somewhat taken aback when in dec. of 08' he was taken to his first intelligence briefing in the capacity of an incoming president. he looked ten years younger before going in, than when he came out.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The easiest way to put it is "need to know". A president is the highest ranking civilian in the government. As for military installations, generally speaking there are very few that he cannot go to, although notice needs to be given and anything outside of his "need to know" is put up and locked down. Also dangerous sites, like chem weapons facilities or any facility that poses an unreasonable risk are usually no-go areas more out of safety concerns than hiding any black projects , although black projects are probably kept in those areas to allow for deniability. If a situation occurs that requires his knowledge of something in the black world, like secret aircraft crashing in other countries, or something that needs his attention he can be cleared and briefed. Otherwise compartmentalization is key along with the term "plausible deniability". Our president cannot be held accountable for a project or action by the world community if he wasn't briefed on it's existance. It also gives him the ability to nip the problem in the bud if something goes worng.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So lets say you are President and you find that there are
secrets that you do not know about.
How do you handle the situation.
I don't recall the Carter administration ever given requests for UFO
technology information but he did relax the availability of information
at a Los Alamos library.
That was it.
We had to go to that library and discover the UFO secrets.
Right now the books and materials are locked up again by Bush.
The security level needed to look at the Tesla material is still unknown.
Obama would need his own security guard to get into that library.
Would there be a fire fight resulting to torching the Tesla secrets lest
all the wonders become known.
Wow, some story.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Actually I have seen a couple of interviews he did at book signings after his presidency where he was asked about that very thing and he has stated he did try but was denied.(Carter) Unfortunatley there is no way to handle it. If you are told no, it's no. Unless before getting into office, you have accumulated power and influence inside of the MIC ( The Bush's and Cheney), you probably will be kept out of the loop, unless, as I stated before a real NEED to disclose the information arises, i.e. a big whoopsie. Bush Sr. and Cheney both have ties to the very entities inside the MIC that IF the technology is being developed, it would be these companies. Most of the information or documents that are accessible through FOIA or gov't libraries are older and will generally only cover vague sightings , incidents or obscure reports that could be interperetted millions of ways. Most of the relevant documents that directly link this technology to use have either been securely locked away within the company doing the research or transcribed to some other medium and paper trail destroyed. The physical technology as well has been handed to the MIC companies, compartmentalized obviously, for development under the supervision of high ranking officials and military through a series of civilian go betweens as to garner plausible deniability, as well as to defeat FOIA requests, as they don't apply to private companies. Alot of people assume incorrectly that unmarked helicopters, vehicles, and personnel denotes an UBER-Black gov't special forces team. This couldn't be further from the truth, as all the vehicles are purchased by contracted security firms, wackenhut, Xe/Blackwater etc. and are not bound by military rules and regs . Although most personnel on these contracts ARE ex-special forces. Hope that helps.

new topics

top topics

join