It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Yahweh the Supreme Creator or an Evil God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Last week I read the book "The Secret Teachings of Jesus," which is a translation of the [color=gold] Nag Hammadi scrolls that were found in 1945 in the Egyptian desert and are accounts of Jesus' life and work that never made it into the Bible. Many of the quotes in there have a striking resemblance to what you read in the Gospel, but there's some more.

And if the Nag Hammadi scrolls are a medieval hoax?
The question becomes when were they written.
Five hundred years ago, a hundred.

Pliny tells of seeing papyrus documents 100 and 200 years old!

/sarcasm mode

Whoa! that long. Wow

/end sarcasm

David Grouchy
edit on 28-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by greenjuice008

your proposal that there are voices of darkness in the bible shoots down the idea that the bible is the word of god. its supposed to be a holy book! but you're saying its full of holes!

actually, whoever gathered together those writings into that book is beyond us. but how we interpret them,-------------------

well, thats another matter altogether.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

god is all knowing and all powerful right?
so he knew and knows anything and everything before its even a thought right?
so god knew in making people were going to the two places he created in the end, heaven, and hell.
that means when he created some people he created them to go to hell and to go to heaven.
he created some or in some opinions, most, people to go to hell.
no matter how much they try, or how saved they might feel, if it is in gods plan, he will go to hell.
that is the opposite of love.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

you'd get an interesting viewpoint from reading sitchens books about our origins. he translated the sumerian texts and suggests it was an advanced race from other worlds which created us by mixing their dna with hominids that were endemic to our planet. of course if this is true then who created them?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by violence=answer

i totally agree with you. most christians cannot see this. maybe they are lost in the myth of "oh good, if i simply accept jesus i am saved". so a lot of it is fear driven because they are simply lost and cant stand the idea of not existing.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So as we live in a galaxy and are bound to recurring cycles, then why cant people see that adolescense and maturity, youth and age, being naive and wise are all cycles of Earth and The Milky Way Galaxy. We are bound by it by its cycles as the Creator believed it should be so. As we see many spiral galaxies consisting of the universal realm we see with our eyes, we know that much of the universe and its inhabitants are not perfect beings and are prone to the negative as well as the postive. Since the writer was inclusive as to the Creator being of light which is not seen brings about even more profound ideas of what we currently know in astronomy. We cannot see certan forms of electromagnetic radiation with our eyes. Although all radiation is a form of light, it does not necesarily have to show light, but does in fact have much heat involved with it. This obviously means that where molecules move there is a form of light within as heat is necessary for molecules to move. Darkness is like unto cold where nothing moves at absolute zero temperature. When heat stikes abosolute zero temperatures of darkness it blends with the heat and transmutes different forms of light depending on what particulates existed in the void absolute darkness. As galactic life forms cannot exist in perfect light, that is unless the architects design the correct light trapping, then cycles limit the life forms ability to live on the above average life span. The truth is out there folks. You dont need a radio telescope to see it. Just a plain old reflecting or refracting telescope may reveal many things if the time is spent. Stuck in our cycle of Earth, could we learn to be benevolent. And to do so, what would we have to sacrifice as the cycle would demand, before we could trap the light and expand our life spans in perfect furher light.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
From what i know, the Luciferian Egregore Mindset did..

Originally posted by orangutang
reply to post by Maddogkull

you'd get an interesting viewpoint from reading sitchens books about our origins. he translated the sumerian texts and suggests it was an advanced race from other worlds which created us by mixing their dna with hominids that were endemic to our planet. of course if this is true then who created them?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10

Interesting word Egregore, I had to look it up. Thanks! Always looking to expand the vocabulary.

Reading the definition I'm reminded of a story a Man told me once.

This was decades ago,
back when States got to keep the taxes from oil drilled in their area,
and Louisiana State University was booming, bringing in the best professors.

My friends' dad is the formost authority on Lybrary Science in the US at the time,
and leading the switch to digital from the old card catalog Dewey Decimal system.

Anyway, one weekend I was spending the night having a sleepover with his son,
who had just been sent out in his first ever Truck to run some errands, so I have
nothing to do for an hour and I walk into his darkened Study where he is sitting on the couch laughing.

Feeling he was in a friendly mood I timidly walked in.

On the TV there is an old black and white movie playing. He tells me it's one of his favorites "Dr Strangelove" so I sit down in the recliner and watch a bit with him. After the scene where General Turgidson takes a phone call, that his scantily clad secretary had screened with him, I chuckled too.

The Professor looked at me suspiciously, like I was just giggling cause he said the movie was funny.

Defensively I said to him "That's just like when my Mom talks to my Grandfather long distance. This movie really shows the generation gap." And smiled.

He warmed up and started asking me about the things his son and I had been up too working at our first Jobs together. I told him how the first time I went they didn't hire me, but afterward his son said "watch this" put on a "Jesus First" T-shirt and we went back and applied together. We both got hired on the spot. And that's how his son helped me get my first Job.

He sat up a little bit, and confided in me.

"You know. When I was studying Library Science, I went to libraries all over the world. One day, in the back of an old library. Underneath a broken down shelf. Forgotten in a pile of ruined books. I found a passage that explained how the Ancient Gods decided that from now on they would be known Collectively as just God. In the singular. That is the day I lost my faith."

His son got back and we went and did different things. I understood that he meant that his son was being Ironic with the T-shirt and just manipulationg the emotions of a prospective employer. And that faith is no substitue for Education. But I couldn't help feeling that he felt a little sad too.

David Grouchy
edit on 29-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The Nag Hammadi scrolls are Gnostic documents. The Demiurge you mentioned early in your post (that you didn't believe in) *is* Yaldaboath. I think they're one and the same!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The true gems of wisdom can be found in life itself. Take all the books away...take all preconceived ideas away.

We can gain ideas through books...but the 'word' is in life itself. The important things anyways. Understanding that the canvas and the art piece has the 'creator' in its very fabric, in its nook and crannies.

We wish and long to understand things that we cant possibly understand or ever have a for sure knowing of... when the important things, the things that matter for us during this life....are all around us all the time waiting for observation and awareness.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

You have to some research and study what information that you find very carefully. There is no such word or meaning of evil in the higher dimensions. Beings in the higher dimensions do not have feelings,compassion,good or evil sides and any other natures that human experience.
The creator god likes to use different names and throughout history of messengers from the divine,each one gives a different name for it. The latest name that it has been using since around 1959 is Su no kami or su god in short.
If you are really thorough in your search,you will find the truth. What we think of it's reason for using different names is to confuse people about which is the creator god to make people search for the present name that links to it.
You are free to believe or disbelieve,but the moment shall come to pass when you will experience the truth.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I would actually if i believed this reality was real. I've never felt comfortable with this world that seems anything but perfect. Perfection doesnt decay, or abuse or demean or destroy. I have questioned my reality since childhood and am aware now that it was never me that was the Problem, it's this place. I think the question i never stopped asking was 'who am i'. It's like a mirror image that was hijacked from what was Real and then skewed twisted and royally messed with. I have exerienced a lot, and i no longer believe this is who and what we Originally were. But, it will end soon, and i can't wait.

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
The true gems of wisdom can be found in life itself. Take all the books away...take all preconceived ideas away.

We can gain ideas through books...but the 'word' is in life itself. The important things anyways. Understanding that the canvas and the art piece has the 'creator' in its very fabric, in its nook and crannies.

We wish and long to understand things that we cant possibly understand or ever have a for sure knowing of... when the important things, the things that matter for us during this life....are all around us all the time waiting for observation and awareness.

edit on 29-5-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
And thank you i really enjoyed your post that was very cool. It's unfortunately you don't recall the
name of this book, i'd like to read it.

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by awareness10

Interesting word Egregore, I had to look it up. Thanks! Always looking to expand the vocabulary.

Reading the definition I'm reminded of a story a Man told me once.

This was decades ago,
back when States got to keep the taxes from oil drilled in their area,
and Louisiana State University was booming, bringing in the best professors.

David Grouchy
edit on 29-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

I would actually if i believed this reality was real. I've never felt comfortable with this world that seems anything but perfect. Perfection doesnt decay, or abuse or demean or destroy. I have questioned my reality since childhood and am aware now that it was never me that was the Problem, it's this place. I think the question i never stopped asking was 'who am i'. It's like a mirror image that was hijacked from what was Real and then skewed twisted and royally messed with. I have exerienced a lot, and i no longer believe this is who and what we Originally were. But, it will end soon, and i can't wait.

It will end with understanding..not due to desire for an end.

Your inner true self knows its not separate from all other life. Life, is an expression. of 'one'. Our true self, is that 'one'.

What you see around you is a reflection...of a expression of 'one' true self that is infinite and eternal. We see this 'one' in the cycles and orders of life. You must have life to live. All life must have other forms of life to be. Look past being a individual and the world having many separate things in it but yet see how all the things are entangled together and how everything beyond our world is based on this same entanglement.

If you are asking yourself 'who am I'...then you are showing signs of being aware there is a 'true self' and discerning that this life here, is not it. This does not mean that your true self is going to be found beyond, out there somewhere...but its going to be found within you and within all other life. It matters not if you seek such answers on earth or on another planet....for the design has the same wisdom, in all places.

Such gems, are universal. When one is ready...its there to be found.

There are no mistakes here on this earth and what you call twisted things. Its all meant to be just the way it is.

Your perception of what perfect should be needs to be laid aside for a while so you can view new ideas. The design of 'life' perfectly offers expressions of our true self within it..while on the outside (the flesh) will be what we use to discern what we are not. The flesh, creates what you are seeing as imperfect, when its perfectly used for discerning things.

Observe how 'life' works together, its not about whats on the outside or on the surface. Same thing with our own selves. On the surface, on the outside, we all think we are separate individuals. The biggest hurdle of this illusion is that we are not individuals at all.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Thanks for your reply, although i disagree with some of what you had to say, it was very nice, i felt a sense of calm from you; few people on here have that gentle type of vibration.

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by awareness10

It will end with understanding..not due to desire for an end.

Your inner true self knows its not separate from all other life. Life, is an expression. of 'one'. Our true self, is that 'one'.

What you see around you is a reflection...of a expression of 'one' true self that is infinite and eternal. We see this 'one' in the cycles and orders of life. You must have life to live. All life must have other forms of life to be. Look past being a individual and the world having many separate things in it but yet see how all the things are entangled together and how everything beyond our world is based on this same entanglement.

If you are asking yourself 'who am I'...then you are showing signs of being aware there is a 'true self' and discerning that this life here, is not it. This does not mean that your true self is going to be found beyond, out there somewhere...but its going to be found within you and within all other life. It matters not if you seek such answers on earth or on another planet....for the design has the same wisdom, in all places.

Such gems, are universal. When one is ready...its there to be found.

There are no mistakes here on this earth and what you call twisted things. Its all meant to be just the way it is.

Your perception of what perfect should be needs to be laid aside for a while so you can view new ideas. The design of 'life' perfectly offers expressions of our true self within it..while on the outside (the flesh) will be what we use to discern what we are not. The flesh, creates what you are seeing as imperfect, when its perfectly used for discerning things.

Observe how 'life' works together, its not about whats on the outside or on the surface. Same thing with our own selves. On the surface, on the outside, we all think we are separate individuals. The biggest hurdle of this illusion is that we are not individuals at all.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

You've said it very well.My way of belief is mostly the same of what you describe. And yes,i think if you don't let the trials and ordeals of the "mission" turn you too cynical+bitter to retain kindness,compassion and hope,and a sense of humor,then you've not done too badly.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

Nothing personal against you,radarlove but as to what you believe-sorry,that just don't cut it,for me.Makes no sense at all,does not compute.What about all the Non-Christians who lead wonderful lives filled with kindness,caring for+helping others,harming none-are they going to be thrown into a pool of fire and brimstone? For not following one specific religion? If hell is filled with "people who don't belong there"-whats the point of Christianity?-so one can be a coldhearted judgemental ass one's whole life-but get into heaven nonetheless because you proclaim Jesus as your Lord? You know,if heaven's going to be filled with at least half of the Christians i've met in my life,it may be better to just give it a miss alltogether. I suppose if i asked some one who share your belief system,why a 3year old child gets abused+brutalised to death,i would the answer that it was the judgement of God-i suppose God just lost patience because that little person just "crapped their own nest" once too often,eh? Reincarnation is what makes sense to me,so the pool of fire don't scare me,but a word of advice to you-any "convertee" who you would succeed in frightening into a religion,is living a lie-you can never truly love,and trust for your protection and the welfare of your immortal soul,that whom you live in terror of offending,on a daily basis.If you go by fearful obedience+subjugation to a certain set of rules,to avoid hell,you may as well have worshipped Al Capone,or any Mafia boss.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by violence=answer
reply to post by sylvie

god is all knowing and all powerful right?
so he knew and knows anything and everything before its even a thought right?
so god knew in making people were going to the two places he created in the end, heaven, and hell.
that means when he created some people he created them to go to hell and to go to heaven.
he created some or in some opinions, most, people to go to hell.
no matter how much they try, or how saved they might feel, if it is in gods plan, he will go to hell.
that is the opposite of love.

Hell is not a 'creation' of Source...hell is a creation of FREE WILL given by Source to creation...there is only one place where everyone will eventually go...once the penny drops on the 'mechanism' of FREE WILL...
...oh yes, those that 'believe' in this construct will go there, and come back "I went to hell...and it was horrible"...circular, and disregarding the process that began it...

Source is all powerful and all knowing...and why would it be necessary to create 'bots' (like mindless lego blocks) to populate a created realm, oversee thier every move, thought, intent, path etc...?!...in its extreme, it does not make sense holding this fabrication of bot-land...this one little blue marble bot-land...amidst all the created cosmos' (and those not yet found)...

Pedantically pulling apart OT&NT writings is a problem...OT is not even original...is borrowed, precied, condensed, translated...there is confusion because it is not original and has no consistency with itself, let alone NT...

Quite apart from all this NT/OT talk...it is the hieght of arrogance to attribute all and everything to this mashed up book...lending any credence to it (by asking questions of it, using its own determinations) is a huuuge mistake made by believers and non-believers alike...

Å99

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

It is unfortunate Rax but it appears that you can't have a discussion regarding christianity without considering the subject of brainwashing.
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
do put monwy in EVERY time the collection plate goes bi?
my that priest seems to be looking at my son funny.....

How else can judgemental delusional fingerpointing, without self examination be explained?
like burning witches when there is no such thing as witches

Just for starters there are some 30,000, yes 30,000 sects of christianity all claiming to be te one true faith.
30,000 different sects who Can't agree on anything.

There actually was a "lord Amen"
He was the first pharoh of the united egypt
as above so below

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join