It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just think about this if you will...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

(Nov. 2) - A 40-year-old mom who had never played the lottery before is now a millionaire, the New York Post reported Monday. Mi Hyun Moon walked into a deli in New York's Queens borough on Sept. 14 to get $5 in change so she could catch a bus ride home. But in order to do so, she had to buy something. On a whim, Moon bought a Lotto ticket, and now she's the winner of a $5 million jackpot.

source: AOL.com, but the link is now broken, If anyone can find the story, feel free to link.

Ok I just I'm just posing something to all of you... what are the odds of winning the lottery jackpot at all? Its so rare, I've even heard some people call it the "fool's tax".

Now consider the fact that it's the first lottery ticket she said she ever bought.

Just think about it is all i'm sayin...

Perhaps things happen for a reason.
Perhaps they happen because they are needed to.
Perhaps they are needed to and they happen the most convenient way possible.
Perhaps they need to happen for other things to happen.
Perhaps those other things need to happen because they need to happen.
Perhaps what needs to happen is a natural progression and therefore the process can also be observed.
Perhaps often what we want to happen can be what needs to happen. And perhaps sometimes the opposite.
Perhaps what needs to happen, is that we learn that something we desire doesn't need to happen.
Perhaps learning needs to happen as long as one observes time, as means for survival.
Perhaps the point of survival is to observe and learn the consequence of choices.
Perhaps our reason we aspire to learn and grow is to bring abundance and joy.
Perhaps through doing this we get this sense of fulfillment, and therefore seek to expand this.
Perhaps through this, we realize our individual desires are actually the desires of our expanded environment.
Perhaps in this sense, joy and abundance is waiting for all who aspire to evolve.
Perhaps things need to be broken down so new things can be made.
Perhaps this is what we call evil.
Perhaps our greatest times of suffering can lead to profound wisdom, and leaps of evolution.
Perhaps the fish that evolved to grow legs did suffer in the sense that we suffer by pushing our boundaries.
Perhaps we do it because we feel the need to, and perhaps as long as we will observe, will we learn, and no amount of distraction can stop this indefinately.
Perhaps life is but a dream, but jumping off a building still hurts. - logic.
Perhaps logic is the essence of observation, and thus intertwined with a need to define what it observes.
Perhaps logic needs to adapt as does the life that continues to evolve.
Perhaps it needs to do this to keep up with its assumptions of what it observes.
Perhaps what it observes is limited only to the depths of imagination.
Perhaps to observe, the creative essence for molding reality needs to exist.
Perhaps it's a paradox, a yin and yang scenario where the one cannot exist without the other or be defined without including the other.
Perhaps this is the reason we struggle to find our footing in this kaleidoscopic reality.
Perhaps an open mind is one that does not settle on a certain logical observation, given it's flexibility, so..
Perhaps this why many people feel crazy, but maybe we're being too hard on ourselves and should be more humble and observant of our learning process.
Perhaps anger, greed, and intolerance are defense mechanisms, because the wisdom to understand escapes us, that would lead to a humbling respect, and greater self-sufficiency, so one may be abundant to give, while serving everyone's need to "survive" and evolve.
Perhaps there are others who must manipulate, lie, and deceive because the expected result they feel unable to produce or self-realize.
Perhaps through observing common themes we sympathize and therefore don't get carried away from the hostility towards us and work to resolve it, so we can continue to grow and minimize resistance.
Perhaps through our experiences with these people that suffer, we suffer from what is projected towards us, and again we grow wise and aware from experience. Your enemy who gets under your skin is a valueable tool for self-observation, and with that understanding, you almost learn to appreciate them, maybe even respect them and more, given your sympathy for their own suffering.
Perhaps this is why some find such an interest in social change, for the growth of others helps to also ensure their own growth.
Perhaps the most inspiration come from ideas that lie so far out our field of observation that we aspire to experience them.
Perhaps this is why there is art,
Perhaps this is why their is technology.
Perhaps this is why their is life....
Perhaps learning leads to wisdom, to awareness, to greater depth of experience, leading to greater joy and fulfillment to be chases. That fantastic ever-expanding prize keeps getting more desirable.

Perhaps this woman winning the lottery is an example of extreme rarity, of which is only relative in perspective. What if the lottery was for one winner in the whole possibly universe. Again, it's all relative to perspective. But what happens when you become more self-aware and realize that every day you are observing the unfoldment of a grand desire? What happens when it's as little as wishing you had something, only to have it literally fall on your lap the very next day? What if you also dreamed it would happen? What if you dreamed it would happen..YEARS before it happened, and the dream accurately reflected the event and surroundings?

What i'm posing here ladies and gents, is how one question can lead to another... that observation is inevitable. We can speed it up or slow it down, but we're always observing, thus always learning. What I'm also suggesting is that when broken down into simplistic concepts, the most supernatural themes can seem natural and fitting to circumstance. It doesn't matter what label you give yourself, or what category you solidify, limit and (temporarily) enslave your observation to..whether you find your answers in a book, some cards, the bottom of a coffee cup, a bunch of bones, splattered paint on the wall, and whatever wacky methods you've tried to test this idea you may think I'm hinting at.... but you will always observe. It doesn't matter what pace you go at, or how you choose to go about it... our logical reality authorities have suppose it can take millions of years for noticeable evolution... hey perhaps if you lived forever you could grow wings, travel dimensions, you get what i'm saying, but you will change as long as you long as you live, and learn as long as you observe, and your experiences will deepen as you become more aware.

I am not the same person I was 3 years ago, or even a week ago. Imagine what a million years could do to me or you. Observation, growth, evolution, the deepening of one's experience of reality, boundless creativity or a freak accident beyond comprehension. If I think I begin to understand it, I get concerned almost.
... I think, surely us mere humans can't comprehend such a thing? Perhaps we don't give ourselves enough credit however.

This woman has experienced an event that has provided an opportunity for us all to curiously observe. It's these little things, its like we all won the lottery, its a relative matter of how you assign value.

Guys I just don't know how long I can relate to this powerless, limited bubble all us sane people are expected to conform to.

I'm a mad man, but you know, I seem to be a lot happier and aware then I remember myself to be years ago. It can get pretty crazy but I try to roll with the punches and understand what's actually throwing them. Call it some programmed inherent nature, but I just gotta keep evolving dudes, and I have to help others do the same as I observe commonalities, and understand their life also affects mine. I've learned I feel at my best when I'm doing something for someone else. My selfish gains are the most rewarding through selfless acts. I'm not on some spiritual high horse.. I used to be an #$$hole, and thought happy people were just damn delusional. The earth is beautiful but just as an artist screws up a painting, we humans can seem like a cancer on this planet.... but damn... is not such a great damn opportunity to learn. You beat suffering once you can hold it in the light of opportunity I tell ya.

Feel free to get crazy with me. Try not to be hard on yourself or others. It's a madhouse, you're allowed to get pissed off, you don't have to FORCE confusion, anger and such things out of your system, nor do you need to meet any one else's expectations, but you have my word that through wisdom, these things begin to fade, and you may try to cling to your badass outer expression but sooner or later you might get grouped in with the dreaded "new age flakes" or oOoOo those crazy "religious people". Its like its a crime to be aspire to be wise and loving as a result. Don't fear the "social embarrassment", or being grouped into a category you try so hard to avoid. It's just assumptions after-all right? And once your so far down that %$^^&%&#$ rabbit hole you don't care. Everyone has their own opinion that is equally valid, but its message and worth is relative to who's observing it.

And I could go on.. a madhouse I tell ya.. But you know what, I feel bloody great, and I am achieving desires that seemed so out of my grasp, don't fear what's down that hole of speculation and the reckless disregard for things assumed to be known. And it's like the more you go down the hole the more you get to know yourself..as you bump your head in the darkness of ignorance, and that let the wisdom that follows be the light in that tunnel so to speak.

Perhaps I'm just $(%*$( looney.

Peace.

EDIT: screw up typos, i'm sure there's more.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by CavemanDD

[edit on 2-11-2009 by CavemanDD]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Perhaps she'll squander her winnings like others who've hit the lotto.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Perhaps...

Perhaps you used the word perhaps far too much..?

On Topic:

Perhaps the best news I have heard today...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Perhaps she just got lucky. I hope she enjoys it and it brings her and her family an even better life. Sounds like she is Asian, so I doubt she will waste the money. Nobody manages money like an Asian woman.

link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Perhaps, hahaha.

But again, how do we truly assign value. I'm hard on myself when I feel I've wasted too much time, which seems very little to others.

She could use that money to not the efficiency we'd like her to but perhaps that's what's meant to happen.

It would be nice to be rich, I mean so we can do whatever we want and not fear the consequence... but i mean hell.. I've been off work for only 3 days and I was glad to get back to challenging myself. I'm somewhat greatful of what this survival-mode reality disciplines me to do.

My goal is to make a living on my art, but I've had test runs to see what it would be like free from the routine work schedule, and one things for sure, I would need to discipline myself to keep busy, to challenge myself, and to appreciate the time I have. It seems to me that it doesn't make sense to live like work = the crappy part of our lives, no work = the good time... because even when I'm not working i'm still working on something else, and I wonder where dissatisfaction lies and I center myself and try to appreciate every situation. It gets tough, whether you are ambitious or just lazy... where does the suffering end you think?

If I was rich, you bet I'd still push myself somehow, i need constant challenge, constant growth.

Millions of dollars easier more material capabilities, but true value to me lies in what I learn from all of it. Been down that road, there was a time last year where I donated every spare dollar to see what money meant to me, to see what I really valued.. I must say I got big grin on my face thinking how reckless it was to do.. I'm pretty damn broke now though, movin back in with the parents.
But again, i've had to constantly question what I value. Some people say, look at that car, look at that house, look at this, or that, what you value is subject to change.

link   
When people speak of crazy statistics such as this, they fail to realize that there are almost an infinite amount of events in this world that you can take a probability on...and if there is an infinite amount of objects, there is absolute certainty that "unbelievable odds" will in fact come true.

On top of that, with games like the lotto, someone HAS to win. Yes YOUR chances of winning are small...but what about the chances of SOMEONE winning? Anyone?

That is how I view it.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Perhaps i wouldn't have said perhaps too much if I kept it to 5 lines or so, which was intended.

But perhaps I can't shut up once I start.

Perhaps I feel like I'm not pushing the bars of crazy eccentricity enough. Perhaps it was annoying to read, perhaps so annoying that you never made it to the end, perhaps you didn't have to read it, perhaps you didn't want to.. lol... The use of the word is to illustrate the constant questioning.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Someone has to win the lotto as its set up that someone WILL get picked....but the chance of it being a first time lotto player?

If she didn't say that I wouldn't use it to illustrate the point, but I would choose something else, as the point of it is to illustrate "freak co-incidences."

There's always the chance she's lieing too right.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well put, too many people see themselves at the mercy of chance in a chaotic universe not fully realizing how intricately balanced reality is and how much work goes into every moment experienced.

Dreams do & can come true and you can actively do this, I'm not talking soft-fluffy wishful I-just-got-done-watching-"The Secret" kind of way. I'm talking fully consciously aware of what you're doing & how.

What we have been told is "real" and what isn't has been profoundly bias writhe with fear & malicious intentions. The truth is we are infinitely powerful, we just have to remember how to get back to ourselves. "They" don't want you to know that. Who are "they"? They are the ones Cave mentioned above who "...must manipulate, lie, and deceive because the expected result they feel unable to produce or self-realize"

Everything does happen for a reason, synchronicity is life, and life is one big synchronicity...just telling what time it is where you're at can be a pain in the ass sometime

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Yes, I understand it was a first time lotto player, that is why I also stated that think of the endless amount of possibilities in the world. You think we are going to hear the ones with 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, and so on percent probability that happen ALL the time? Nah.

With ALL the events in the world, it will be the ones with the lowest probability being shown to everybody. But like I said, with an endless amount of events, it is BOUND to happen.

Lets say there are 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 lotto games a day...and 300,000,000 people play them regular (at least once a day), and others buy more tickets. With THAT many lotto games, don't you think there will be a FEW crazy happenings?

Those lotto games are just an analogy to whatever event you wish to think of.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

A yes, I see what your saying, what you speak of is how its all relative. You could could pick an insane number, as if quantity had any real meaning, and say 60000000 out 10000000000000... lots of things would happen, but I mean that could be fractioned down to like 1 in a 10000 or something like that.... but considering how many events go on, like you said, and then taking in acount the rest of the unknown universe, it starts to sound like this quantum theory that anything that can happen will if taking infinite quanitities and such into account.. or just a large damn amount of things.

It could be that everything that has ever challenged my or your belief system is so common in such a gigantic game of chance being played.

Like... watch me do these 10 tarot readings in a row and watch them be relavent... but your like damn... what are the odds of that? lol... Insane amount of probabilities being carried out. I mean.. that could be exactly what allows such crazy things to happen. Perhaps its such a crazy chance that one would have to literally be in another universe for it to happen, that we are constantly being flung about time-space/whatever like particles, that everything can be observed as a freak chance.

Its like when people ask like... how many things about aliens do you need to read to believe in it?

10? 100? 100000 with "credible sources"

Why believe, why disbelieve? Why not drift in a state of skeptical open mindedness.

There has been no quantity in events that has solidified my mind on anything other then re-enforcing that I don't know #$#% about reality.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

So what's your point really? I understand the numbers and yeah all walks will win the lotto at one point. It's more an observation of synchronicity at work. I also think Cave is talking more about on the effect of the observer(the lady), her state of being/experience at the time, and what it can mean to others in relation to how they see the world. Science now has proven what ancient teachings have said in that how we see the world collectively & individually creates reality. Biology & Belief are definitely intertwined in our bodies & minds...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Well, it was already fractioned down to 1
1 in 300,000,000 was the fraction, done the large number of times.

I do not know nothing, I know something. But as we just said...A LOT of things are possible. Let me make an imaginary number up such as 1,000,000,000,000. If I know 4 out of that number, and you know 2 out of that number, I am twice as smart as you, but still a LONG WAYS off of knowing "everything". The percentage change in the difference out of the entire number is very small when we compare our scores...but if we compare JUST what we know, it is a large percentage.

Relativity is fun!

The problem today is that what anyone sees they take at face value, and do not take any attempts to further understand what is happening. We need to make people smarter.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

The effect on the lady will of course be dramatic...many people that win the lotto have no clue about statistics or any other areas of advanced logic.

Same goes with observers.

I think I am still missing what you are trying to say...care to take it down to my level and remove the big words?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I agree man.

Especially on the twice as smart part. I was going to pose another question like... what even defines intelligence.. as someone may be better at you mathematically but you might be a skilled artist and be able to think crazy concepts to which they struggle.

But more then that, does it matter comparing ourselves to others? When standing on the earth with my eyes fixed on the night sky it sure does make your perspective seem like that of ...an electron..inside a molecule, a cell, inside a body... etc... damn relativity again.

I agree about the people thing.. we can fix all our problems by fixing the people who make problems including ourselves... but that its also ok...because entertaining this relativity thing, i mean it seems like harsh expectations. I've learned that some people can't simply comprehend certain things, and I don't think that makes them dumb, or lesser, or me greater, just different, everything's different in perspective.

But I feel for some reason I need to try and make myself smarter, wiser, etc.. and trigger others to do the same.. Why? Hell if I know, it feels fullfilling okay?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Once my view on life switched over to the "building blocks of life" idea, everything seemed so simple to me.

I have my own belief system. Humans want power. We are all made out of molecules and such. Yadda yadda.

When we find out how our own cogs work, it makes operating them so much easier, and not to mention increasingly efficient!

Intelligence to me is the ability to stay happy as long as possible, at the most extreme as possible, and to stay happy in such conditions requires you to know how to reach your goals in whatever way necessary.

I am going to be taking a long shot here and say that Hitler was a relatively happy man (a bit crazy, yes). This to me concludes that he was an intelligent man.

Not a good Samaritan, or the town sheriff...just intelligent.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The really important thing here, is that it's YOU. You are back, and how wonderful to see you again.
I did a double take when I saw your name!

I like to think too, that things sometimes happen for a reason. That all the "perhaps" have validity in some way, and it wasn't just a freak random occurrence with no meaning. It would be comforting to know that a higher universal consciousness somehow arranged to put a long line/sequence of events into action that resulted in a desired outcome/outcomes.

But see, I don't believe that. I do believe it was a freak random occurrence with no meaning. The sequence of events that it will create (and it will) will also be random, creating some good, creating some bad, depending on the choices made by the various players. Well, maybe. Perhaps.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

haha perhaps. I've thought about similar things. For me I can't comprehend a mindset like his, or our puppet masters but I'm curious, and I wouldn't doubt that its curiosity that gets people into these situations. On a lesser level (all relative right).. i've had people admit to me that they say things they feel might offend people but they just.. do it.. to observe it.

Whatever gets you off I guess but I feel pretty sad observing even simulated TV "evil" sometimes, my ability to stay happy as you say depends on either ignoring whats going on in the world, or trying to change it.

I realize it seems like I am on one side of a polarity, but i don't see it as playing the good guy or bad guy, I just feel more balanced, clear and capable. I'll never know hitler's mind. I often wonder about sociopaths.. When a season of that show Dexter ends I usually watch it. I find it funny and curious how he observes reality as a serial killer, not really understanding anybody, and just killing people excites him, and drives him.. but they later introduced him developing some sense of morality or some other stuff.

Another example I like that my friend always brings up, he was talking about these 2 girls on TV who robbed this charity or something of money, and they were being interviewed, the interviewer was like "why would you do such a thing?"

And they were like, "No you don't understand..we wanted money, and the money was there, what don't you get?" haha. I just don't get that and find it curious that some people do view reality like this. For me, I feel like people are an extension of myself in someway, take that whatever way you want..but one example would be.. if I do crappy things to them, then I feel like crap myself, whether it be guilt or some nagging subconscious feeling that its not the direction you want to be going. Whereas when I do good things for people, it feels good for me. Sympathy, seeing a commonality or how other people's situations effect their own, sheer ignorance.. or just varying perspectives of which how can we give with an authority what is more right or wrong about how one should live or perceive their reality.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I think you're the only one worrying about statistics right now. What I'm talking about is that "anomalous" percentage science has tried to over look for decades. It falls into the category of "what is luck" or "random"?

It's not necessarily random and more to do with timing as I'm sure even a good mathematician would probably say as well. That's the interesting part, that's where we start seeing quantum mechanics at work like Cave was talking about with tarot as an example. The quantum model and those that have came after it all take into account consciousness as a force of nature(like gravity), unlike the older physics model which saw the universe as only the proverbial clock ticking away to our doom.

Many scientists have called this concept of consciousness as a force the "information layer or field", or "the field", and the ancients referred to as the Akashic records. What exactly is that force? Who or what can control it? Well the short answer is we all do collectively, which opens the door to all kinds of odd things really.

How does this relate to the story? Well it lends credence to the old adage "there are no coincidences" or such thing as "luck" necessarily.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

I am not familiar with quantum theory AT ALL. Care to enlighten me a bit?

I think I am starting to see what you say though. There are no coincidences...could it be predicated the exact numbers that would come out of the lottery (in my state, balls are "randomly" picked from a little device that shuffles them)? Personally, I believe so.

Could it be true that we have ZERO control over such coincidences where the SMALLEST amount of "energy" or "force" changes the results dramatically?

Get what I am saying now?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join