It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just think about this if you will...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thanks for the kind words.. and yes, these freak occurences.

It boils down to energy to me. Its like this power of attraction hype, (freak accidents that I can't ignore.
).. How things unfold in a curious way, the most convenient way... what was that movie years ago, where people were dieing in wierd ways because the universe or something wanted them to?

I sort of see things happening like that... in one way.. you could go to bed asking your higher self or praying to whatever allah, shivah or whatever slimey green alien you want... and ask to bring something into your life, an object perhaps that you find on the side of the road, and only because you got off at the wrong stop on your bus...your bus which was late, for someone else may have snagged the object or it might not have been there.

Whats that jargon scientists say about energy following the path of least resistance, some grade 9 lesson on electricity and such.

It is conceivable that this thought manifestation is possible, even if it takes days or weeks, or comes through as subtle ideas to put you in the direction to bring that in your life.. but lets talk something crazy here, like flying, teleportation and shooting...big bright beams of... love.. through your hands.. It could very well be a freak occurence where lots of energy/power was available for it to happen, or it might flow easier if it were a different universe, with different rules... hey.. maybe we make up the rules and we're only restricting ourselves? But when I say we, perhaps its us all collectively.. perhaps its a collective disbelief and resistance to a certain flow that prevents us from doing such things, whereas in these magical, unicorn filled dream lands these things happen easier.. but its still interesting to note, that even though the dream is lucid, you still feel restricted, like I can only fly so fast or create so much, or have so much time. That's what I find the most intriguing about lucid dreams / astral projection / whatever, the restrictions in a playground that seems so limitless.

Freak occurences, with enough steam behind the actions to let it happen. Call it, the greater will of the universe or some crap like that.

I don't really talk about ascension stuff, 2012 or any of that, I try not to get carried away too far into the future or outside the comfortable box of doubt... but I get the idea that if we can bring things into our reality, no matter how small, or how long it takes, that its possible it can be happening much more powerfully somewhere else, or if conditions here were different.

Or maybe I should just lay off the magic beans.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

No, don't lay off the beans. lol. Your brain works amazingly well.
"Thoughts are creative". "Thoughts are more powerful than we can ever imagine". I believe there is truth here. Thoughts may very well be more powerful than we can imagine. But you, CDD. I think you know that better than most. Or, you used to. Do you still? Or have you moved on?
What have you moved on to? (Other than back to your parents?) lol.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

The energy is subtle but if you know what you're doing, yes you can manipulate it to lengths that many don't believe is real. That being said, let's tie that to this collective reality with some Quantum mechanics

A quick way-to-glib version of it is that we are all energy that derives from the same sources and the "observer" collapses the wave of probability which is this energy in a primal state to create an experience that can be recalled. Every single one of the electrons/protons in our bodies literally blink in and out of this reality all the time and go "somewhere" that science can't explain.

Here's a couple of sweet cartoons from the awesome movie "What the Bleep Do We Know Anyways" with a character called Dr. Quantum that illustrates a very famous experiment called "The Double Slit Experiment as well as what the perception of time is as a mathematical dimension that is experienced everyday:

Double Slit Experiment:

"Flatland":

If you have time, check out the link to the full movie I posted there, it's an awesome place to start on the subject of the subatomic or quantum world.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I guess its like some buddhist stuff I read some months ago, its rare that I read into buddhist or such philosophies, if my views are similar then its because I've come to the same spot from interacting with others who may have had buddhist or similar views, or that simply through an open curiosity my thoughts have found a common ground... but anyways.. i remembered this one Buddhist phrase like "don't seek powerful experiences"... something along those lines.. don't let yourself get overwhelmed, not like they are saying don't thrust yourself into crazy situations, but they are saying to change your perspective so it doesn't overwhelm you.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, what seems so out there can begin to seem normal and mundane. I've been so bored lately, (last several months).. but have been really opening myself up to crazy experiences, and difficult ones that have challenged me to stay happy sometimes. The short answer was I realized in order to move forward I needed to move back, at least for a couple months quite literally. (with the parents). Call this little dip I've been in due to the now ending neptune retrogade (after several months) or whatever "freak occurence" you can think of... or I just had other things on my mind. Cultivating more yang then yin.
. Getting things done, developing more physical discipline and confidence, all that crap.. seeing what sorts of crap I can do to push the bars of what feels lacking.

And through all this I realized there was nothing I felt like saying, i just shut up one day. Well I did make one painting during the whole time which kind of was my outlet for expression.

here's a pic of it:
img519.imageshack.us...

Its high-res so i won't embed it.

Take that in consideration, magic beans.. lol.. and just generally not being so blown away by things but more wondering where to go next with it. I'm glad to be in this vibe or whatever again though.

I'm just trying to be as open minded as I can be, I change by the day, the minute, the second, as do we all, we're life in motion. If I go towards a direction where I find a commonality in belief structures or something like that then so be it, i still say i'm alone in my perspective.
, if you get what I mean by that.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by CavemanDD] i'm skipping words.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by CavemanDD]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

There are some pretty intense images in there. Kinda like my brain, organized chaos.

I'm intrigued by "one day I just shut up". Don't we all do that?
Slow down. Survey. Do damage control if need be. I get my footing back on the path I want to take (once I decide what that is; I'm very goal-oriented). Sometimes I need to be quiet.

I think it's called "resting" Cave.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

ha, yeah resting in one sense deffinately but I gotta tell you I've been suffering in other ways. Its the yin and the yang, one took a rest, one took over, things got difficult as it was not my strength but then it started to if you know what I mean. Working like a dog, disciplining oneself to do so, to not let your ambitions drive you insane and trying to make the best of things as they are and notice why you think its needed... one simple quote I remembered was like "just do the work for the sake of doing it".. I get that... I could appreciate that i'm doing doing it because it needs to be done, and its constructive for someone right, just takes a shift of perspective. But yeah, aside from physically, and getting annoyed with not being able to cope with certain things.. also re-connecting with a part of my old self that I really welcome back, it got my heart chakra..thingy
..spinnin one night just thinking about it. It was like all these things were telling me some big 3 year lesson was over, and that it was time to pick up where I left off a few years back but stronger, wiser etc. A lot of my raw energy and was "in the past". Since then I've been learning tough lessons in responsibility. I won't lie guys, the perspectives that I have today were easy to shape over the past few years as there were lesser demands on my time, energy, body, mind etc.. being a single dude sitting, sober as hell, meditating and such all day, it does things to you, but things catch up, work demands and the realization that you can coast by and relax, or see what your willing to do to see your ambitions unfold.

Quitting my job will be a big step for me. It hasn't been relaxing, but putting something away and drawing attention to something else I think would be more accurate for how it was. Spiritually or whatever.. off and on and wierd directions. I got my head twisted on right: check this out:
www.mountainvalleycenter.com...

Wierd having perfect almost robotic posture, and with no bone pinching your spinal cord!... i had to re-adapt my mind in general, my head...mind..energy..whatever, up there all felt different. And I was becoming more intuitive I felt but disregarding it or denying it. Overall I felt more drawn externally then internally, more dynamic and grounded rather then connected to that good sense that comes from shutting out the noise in your head, and just sitting, drifting into a trance etc..

I'm off to bed land.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Here's a weird little scenarion to think about ...

Perhaps you have started a procees, by posting about this ladies lotto winnings, that will somewhere down the line align your life path with hers and by doing so .. She spends a good deal of money to buy one of your Art pieces that will help enable you to realize your dream of quitting your job and working on your art fulltime, thus greatly increasing your ability to create, which will also increase your chances of selling more art. Eventually becoming a cyclical pattern of your life.

More art = more money = more art = more money.

One could further speculate that throught the success of your life of art that at some point you could have the same type of effect on someones elses life, allowing them to fullfill their dream, which again would affect another life. And the cycle continues in an ever expanding circle of life.

Just a thought!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

haha yeah man, thanks for that pleasant thought.

It does seem rather perpetual doesn't it? I'm interested to think how say one thing I've said or done that seemed so small, but may have affected someone in a small way, to then casually say/ do something related to/for someone else, and they do the same etc... and it would be cool if it had like a tracking signature. I'd just like to get a visual idea of the expansion of our daily interactions.

And yes I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened, where it came back to me and I even met the lady etc, she buys my art and so on, like why her of all other scenarios to choose from right? So then I can later have this discussion with her, and then inspire her in some direction, haha I dunno, its wacky for sure. Fun to observe as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

It's 5am here and I just read your post. I just wanted to say you have a way with words. Normally I don't "get" many of these type posts but you struck a nerve with me and I found it beautiful and each word felt in sync with the next in a poetic way.

Other than that I don't know what to make of my being so touched by your words.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Its the deepening of experience.

Thanks for the kind words.

Just as experiences deepen, when I say this, I mean the emotional, mental, and even physical levels are pushed to new boundaries. I've found that joy and such are a level, rather then a state. Rather then the state of being happy, it would be more appropriate to say "how happy are you?"

If I have a way with words, I still had to expand this. I had a really good meditation before I made this thread, one that I needed and felt like it propelled me, I just had to express myself, I had the urge to paint, or talk... Thats when it flows man. If you're thinking about what you're going to write or do, then it becomes difficult, but if you can get yourself in a state where it just flows naturally well then its interesting to see it unfold.

Call it chakras or mental / emotional faculties, through meditation and the like you can push their limits and get to sense that state where you know things just flow... words..creativity...imagination and speculation, wisdom comes easier in a mode you may recognize.. emotions are more open or more closed as you begin to recognize, you are more fixed on matters of the physical rather then the intellectual etc.. I do what I can to get in that state when I go to work, I recognize it and work to produce it.

Its as simple as... like when someone's trying to hype you up and you get excited, you can achieve such states this way, or you can realize the effect of someones word's on you, and sort of turn them into commands you can do to yourself.

Anyways I think the point I was trying to make is you can open yourself up some great things that you already possess...like maybe there was one time where words flowed really well for you, well you can re-create the circumstances that allowed that to happen, and sort of observe the function.

In all honesty, I have a hard time writing, or thinking of what to write. I usually start replying to an email or ATS U2U, whatever.. and I do that so casually but it gets me in a good mode for words to just flow, and sometimes thats how threads happen, they start as a response meant to be quick and simple, and then you just watch it go.

We can get into these modes where we can easily express ourselves, but I feel it also depends on other factors of what we are able to express. I just see it as the allowance for some knowledge or perspective to flow, thats why when I meditate, and go write or something, all my little "modes" are switched on, and so what flows through can vary.

Anyways. I think the point of the post was to realize how strange it would be to be in that woman's position.. would you pass it off as amazing chance, or that there was a point for learning that you experienced such a thing etc..

Anyways I'd write more but I gotta get to work, peace.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
During 1991 in New Zealand a retired couple who owned their modest home and car and who tirelessly helped the poor won $1.2 in Lotto, only to give it all to charity.

The next week the husband was buying another ticket and was harrassed by people for doing so since he had already won it once. He did not let them get under his skin, and maintained his caring attitude in the face of their greed and hatred.

The couple again won $1.3 million that weekend!!

This time they helped their children payout the mortgages and went on a well deserved holiday for four weeks. I think they were meant to win as reward for their hard efforts.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
the lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.

I play, but I never claimed to be smart. If you ever need reassurance, think of it this way. Somebody is gonna win. And the one who wins has to have a ticket. It's a cheap way to dream about what if.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
She is not alone, I can count on 2 hands the number of times I've bought a scratch off n my 23 years, but last year I walked into a sheets to buy a drink for me and my wife, then the guy in front of me bought a scratch off and I figured why not? So I thought to myself "which one calls out to me?" I picked a $3 card, had Melissa (my wife) scratch it off, and won $30,000.

I think every once in a while, if you push yourself hard enough, you'll get a break.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Caveman, I broke my self imposed exile on ATS to respond to this post.

I like the crazy energy of your thoughts, the randomness and the flow of your thoughts into words. I have also seen the painting you created after your self imposed silence.

We Indians have a word for it...difficult to literally translate, or transliterate, if you will, so I will try to describe it. Its called being in the state of nonbeing - chaos, randomness, one burst of energy, thought, pattern, following the other, being observed in a slightly detached manner.

Its only when we are aware, that we can control if we so want.

Reflect intensely on your core, on who you are (meditate for want of a better word, but what I am suggesting goes deeper). Turn inwards, completely, yet be a detached observer and let the patterns emerge.

Dhyan, which went to to become the Chinese Chan and then the Japaneese Zen...

You will get the answers and the peace, that you seek.

Now for some perhaps(es)

Perhaps all this is oriental mumbo jumbo?

Perhaps this post was meant to be or not to be?

Perhaps this gave you something or it didnt?

Perhaps you are not as loony as you make out to be?

Perhaps people are loonier, relatively speaking?

Whatever!

Have fun on your voyage of discovery!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Charismagic

Thanks for the kind advice, and breaking your own exhile to do so.

I've been neglecting these deep times of turning within, justifying it by trying to get more things done, but in doing so I can get out of touch with the flow of things and I realized I had a good balanced system of meditation and work before. I guess I knew it would come to this sooner or later, putting my core self under a microscope, it also seems like i've been rebelling against the ways of perceived reality, fed up with it. I realized at some point some months ago that as my experience deepened that I may become more detached..umm.. hard to explain... its like I was at a fork, where I realized I could go the path of seeking enlightenment or be an irritated mad man. It seems like a big joke sometimes and I get tired of playing, but distracting myself from what seems apparent ends up being worse.

I'm waiting on something soon, but isn't that always how it goes, how long must you wait is the question before you realize you have it in you to sort things out.

Kind of lost care for a while, ah we'll see how it unfolds.

Thanks for the words.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Thanks for the link - Reversing the Curse.

Will reflect on what you have written in your posts above. One suggestion, as it were, and if I may? Go with the flow. Do not try to rationalise when you should or shouldnt delve deeper. It will hapen, at the point in time it is meant to.

The interaction of space, time (energy) and a single point of energy (self) is amazing and if you allow yourself to open up to it, its at once exhilarating and scary.

I wish you all the best in your journey. Would like to know how it turns out and if I can help, will be glad to.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Ah yes, I do recall watching those videos before. Have not done research into them concerning the validity of them, but if what it portrays and what I think go together, it is very interesting.

I also see your point that it could be applied to everything in life...

It would be fun to talk more about it, but I have not the slightest clue when it comes to the actual math/science of quantum theory...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

A guy my girlfriend worked with for a long while won the mega millions about a month back. His payout was some sort of record - $60 mill + I believe -

My girl says he was a lazy worker and not very friendly-

In fact his ticket was one he traded with a friend, he asked to trade and he won because of it. That same friend (who also worked with my girl) was the guy who bought the tickets after they had diner one night.

Anyhow Winner guy comes in and quits - then a couple days later the guy who bought the tickets came it and quit too....

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

What are you suggesting, that the guy may have had a hunch or a subconscious push to switch tickets?

It is an interesting example though. I used this lottery as an example but it could apply to anything really, a sudden switch of lottery tickets, or getting off the bus at the wrong stop only to bump into someone you know etc..

actually I'd like to really cite that example.. this city has 2.5+ million people and I've run into the same girl at least 10 times on the street, just coming off the bus or walking by each other, only her too. We have different schedules, different lives, different locations we live in, so after the last couple times i was like ok what the hell is going on here... i even said to her last time, the only words out my mouth and i had a nice happy drunk going on, i said to her "what the hell do want from me!?" She wanted a hug, haha

Another example, same girl, I had not seen her or talked to her in at least over a year... we started talking again and we wanted to see each other and hang out, she had no idea where I was going to be the next day and I the same for her, the very next day i saw her walking through the mall and AGAIN that same day walking towards me... we came so close like within a foot away and I just stared at her,, sort of playing with it seeing I could get her attention, whats funny is i didnt' get her attention but later she asked if I walked by her.

Crazy stuff.

Actually this would be a good thread, everyone posting some sort of account of amazing co-incidences.

Thanks for sharing that story again btw.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't read too much into all of this. Her ticket was just as likely to win as any other ticket.

Sure, people who play week after week have a greater chance of winning. The more tickets you buy, the more likely it is that one of them will turn out to be a winner (assuming, of course, that they all have different numbers). However, almost no one wins the lottery, so for almost everyone, this is a complete waste of money.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen people who think they've figured out a "system" play a lot of numbers, spending their paychecks because they *know* this time they'll get it. They spend their rent money, food money, the money they need for doctors or whatever. In my state, gambling is sharply limited, because it's harmful to people. And yet the state still offers gambling to people.

For each winner, there are hundreds of thousands of losers, often people who cannot afford to spend what they do on the lottery. This woman is getting - indirectly, and through no fault of her own - the rent money and food money of others, who are hooked on their gambling and cannot help herself. Perhaps things do happen for a reason, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the reason is a good or a wholesome one.

This woman is not wealthy, but at the cost of some people going hungry now, maybe not having their rent money, maybe getting kicked out of their apartments or homes. Those things happen for a reason, too. That reason is just as meaningful and important as the reason this woman got rich. More important, because no one needs to be rich, but everyone needs to eat.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join