It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Seuss Quotes - A Must Read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
- "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"

This one is my favorite, and will be my signature for now on.

"- Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

This one greatly applies to life today.

“- Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”

Beautiful.

"- So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads. "

I think we can all think of a time we have thought something very close to this (although probably not nearly as poetically).

"- The storm starts when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping, the storm starts stopping."

we're the drops

"- Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!"

I felt like this one was saying don't get stuck in the left right paradigm, there are always other alternatives!

"- Young cat, if you keep your eyes open enough, oh, the stuff you would learn! The most wonderful stuff!"

-Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss, a poetic genius, who's words hold a great meaning to me.

[edit on 11/2/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I loved theodore geisel, but when I clicked this thread i was expecting to see some of his propaganda pieces from the ww2 era.

I guess this site has made me cynical. Thanks for the smile.

Yes, I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please. But I'm also in charge of the brown Bar-ba-loots, who played in the shade in their Bar-ba-loot suits and happily lived eating truffula fruits. Now, thanks to your hacking my trees to the ground, there's not enough truffula fruit to go 'round!

he really was a genius.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hi Alaskan man.

really pleased you have started a dr seuss thread.from being a child i have loved his writing

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
- "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"

This one is my favorite, and will be my signature for now on.

"- Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

This one greatly applies to life today.

“- Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”

Beautiful.

"- So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads. "

I think we can all think of a time we have thought something very close to this (although probably not nearly as poetically).

"- The storm starts when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping, the storm starts stopping."

we're the drops

"- Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!"

I felt like this one was saying don't get stuck in the left right paradigm, there are always other alternatives!

"- Young cat, if you keep your eyes open enough, oh, the stuff you would learn! The most wonderful stuff!"

-Dr. Seuss

[edit on 11/2/2009 by Alaskan Man]

My personal favorite from this post actually happens to be in your Sig!

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
- Dr. Suess

AWESOME

S&F

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
pretty obvious that this dude is responsible for rap music, even his name sounds like a hip hop artist....

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Star & Flag. My all time fave, both in my own childhood and that of my children's.

The Sneetches is a good one too.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
would-ja, could-ja, in a house, with a mouse,

get your own damn flu:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
green egg's and ham
gotta love it

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
it says quite a lot of the discretion that's used
when the babbling babysitter is bought out to be viewed
if that silly old nonsense that dr. suess spews
is worth so much more than the views on the news.

very apt quotes there OP

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RjKon

glad you like it to.

thanks for the S&F,

Its amazing how a short little poem can make you think.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man

Beautiful.

I remember this one came in quite handy throughout highschool, it was fairly popular among my friends anyway.. beautiful, too true. This is my all time fav.

Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Amen

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
*A personal favorite*

“It's a troublesome world. All the people who're in it
are troubled with troubles almost every minute.
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot,
for the places and people you're lucky you're not.”
~Dr. Seuss

reply to post by liquidsmoke206

[edit on 2-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
How perfectly delightful. The last time I read these books to a child, I apparently paid little attention to all the gems within.

I will reread them. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Boil that Dust Speck, the CFR spew,
the voices of sheeple too weak, and too few!
So bang with your clangers, type with your writers
and tweet with your bleepers until we get through!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Beautiful idea for a thread.

This is quote is from The Lorax, a book that has haunted me since childhood...

"And at that very moment, we heard a loud whack!
From outside in the fields came a sickening smack
of an axe on a tree. Then we heard the tree fall.
The very last Truffula Tree of them all! "

That verse is etched on the ROM of my mind. Such a wonderful bloke, Dr Seuss.

And the strange thing is, I have just finished wrapping my old Dr Seuss books for posting to my nieces for Christmas. ( Doing it early, because of postal strikes ).

Edit to add a star and a flag
Got carried away, I'm sorry my bad.

Peace.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Sam Vimes]

new topics

top topics

join