It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African desert rift confirmed as new ocean in the making!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If a giant rift can open in a continent over the course of one year and scientists are saying that its the beginning of a new ocean...doesn't that disprove the theory that earth is billions of years old and that continnental drift occurs over millions of years? Just saying...that seems rather sudden...especially when it comes from the mouths of those who try to push millions of years down your throat for occurrences such as this.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well with the horizon project that I linked previously, its shows in layers of pole ice, regular events, and in the frozen magma as well as the decidous tropical forrest frozen in antartica that events that science often depicts as taking long periods of time actually can happen very suddenly, just as geomagnetic pole reversals are variable in their length of time and can finish off really quickly.
I didn't like the horizon project and really believe that this is why they have built all those bases. At the same time, I believe strongly that these things can be a lion or a lamb and that TPTB are prodding nature with a stick. The sea forming in Africa has caused Russia to cancel flights for its geomagnetic storms took out two jets full of passengers. These things are related to the geomagnetic pole reversal.

And in Novemeber it was reported on Ron Paul's website that 9 nukes were set off in the arctic sea, where the core buldges closest to the surface. Anything that affects the core, affects the process. This process has already begun. We need to get to the bottom of things and metaphysically see, enivision and manifest the lamb, seeing earth as powerfully shielded and healed and work at stopping nwo and destruction of our planet and wars.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravhen
If a giant rift can open in a continent over the course of one year and scientists are saying that its the beginning of a new ocean...doesn't that disprove the theory that earth is billions of years old and that continnental drift occurs over millions of years? Just saying...that seems rather sudden...especially when it comes from the mouths of those who try to push millions of years down your throat for occurrences such as this.

Come on ravhen,
The Great Rift has been in action for millions of years.
These recent events are large and there happen to be folks that notice it. They can get that information to you instantly.
Africa is no longer the Dark Continent"
Do you not remember Mt. St. Helen.
How about Krakatoa. You will never forget Pompeii.

This is from wiseGeek

Signs of the eruption began when a dark cloud of ash formed over the mountain and the ground started to rumble. Several minor eruptions occurred over several days. Thousands watched the eruption unfold. At 7 PM on 10 April, three columns of flame "rose up and merged" and the mountain was turned into "liquid fire". About 100 km3 (38.6 mi3) of pyroclastic trachyandesite was ejected, enough to qualify as a 7 on the Volcanic Explosivity Index. All vegetation on the island was destroyed. 10,000 people were killed in the pyroclastic flows.

Although the explosion of Mt. Tambora was large, it is not the largest volcanic eruption in all of human history — just recorded history. The largest volcanic eruption in all human history is that of the former Mt. Toba. This was about 28 times larger than the 1815 eruption, and it is believed that the global human population may have been reduced to as few as 1,000 breeding pairs in the aftermath of the event. END

As you can see some of these events are quite rapid. These are just a few recorded in history. These were cataclysmic to anyone near by and are just minute tiny parts and particles of the big picture. I suggest getting out on some field trips and look closely at some deep rock road cuts. It may seem geeky, but it is not.

You will start to appreciate your every living, breathing moment no matter what psychology or religion you follow.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Thanks for the reply. Then the expanding earth theory doesn't have anything explaining it other than inbound materials, which to me is localized in effect, except for big things hitting.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by A52FWY]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I call dibs on naming it. I'm gonna call it a fry-hole

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

~Unity_99

Can you post a link to the story on Ron Paul's site regarding the Nukes in the Arctic please? I can't find it.

I did find this video though:

www.liveleak.com...

If you have a link to the story about the Russian passenger flights being cancelled it would be great if you posted that as well.

I have to point out here that Geomagnetic storms are caused by Solar flares or Coronal mass ejections (charged particles) and not geological events. Magnetic pole reversal is not associated in any way with Geomagnetic storms. I'm not sure if that's what you meant when you say "These things are related to the geomagnetic pole reversal." but it's simply not true.

I also need to point out that the Earth's core doesn't "buldge" close to the surface at all.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr.Venkman
PHEW!! Solenki, You're a legend.

Well thank you
I'm finishing my master degree this year ? what about you, were are you from ? It's always a pleasure to meet fellow Geologist

Originally posted by platoslab

Originally posted by Solenki
reply to post by kiwifoot

How can you possibly explain subduction when all the continents fit together to form a smaller sphere? I must invoke Occam's razor on this and go with the expanding Earth model. (FYI: I am an atheist)

It is also my personal belief that nuclear reactions are responsible for the newly generated mass originating from the core. A belief further supported by various LENR and CANR science experiments.

In addition, a smaller Earth will result in lower gravity which can explain how dinosaurs were able to achieve their large growth.

It all fits together (pardon the pun).
[edit on 2-11-2009 by platoslab]

1. Of course if fit together ! Just as the two part of Africa that will be separated from this rift will fit together
So the shape of continents is certainly not a proof for neither of both theories. It only prooves that at some times, continents were forming a single super continent.

If you searched about the Wilson cycle as I mentioned, you certainly have understand that Earth is going trough a cycle of aggregation of continent, making a super continent (like Pangea), and then they separate from one an other.

Proof of it ? Same sedimentary pile succession in South America and Africa .Same Fossile species found in places too far away for being explain by migration, etcétéra...

A smaller sphere ? Well it also works if you don't change the sphere volume but simply add Subduction, Obduction and Collision.
Never forget that nature HATES emptiness !

For those who don't believe in subduction, you can search about Seismic reflexion.
Seismic reflexion is a geophysical tool allowing us too make an image of the earth's structures.
How does it work ? Well it is simply based on the Sneil Descartes law saying that a wave will be reflected and transmitted when going form a medium (where the wave have a velocity V1) trough an another medium where the velocity is V2, V1 and V2 being different (to put it simply).
So, the only thing you have to do is put a microphone at the surface of the earth (or inside
), make a sound, and listen to the acoustic wave coming to you after being reflected on a layer.

You make a sound, put your microphone on the ground, you record the reflected wave, move your tools, repeat.

You can associate the time between the moment you make a sound, and the moment it comes back as the time the acoustic waves takes to go trough a layer. then, as velocity, distance and time are related, you can easily define what is below your feet.

I was in Taiwan a month ago or so, there, they don't really know where the subduction is occuring, (the philippines plates is subducting there), but they know there is one (because of the rocks found on the island near the Luzon Arc), they just need to find the Moho.
So in order to do it, they will blow 4 Ton of TNT as a source of sound
Just for you to know, the Moho is usually at a deep of 30km and deeper in subduction area. And we can go much much deeper into imaging (while losing image quality...).

2. Mass created for radioactive reaction ? Certainly not enough to explain Mountains and "Extension".
Always remember a good law : "nothing is lost nothing is created everything is transformed".
If you think about it and make correlation with life, it's appears really clearly to you how everything works.

3. Have seen this theory in a video, well I was ROTFL. Seriously, dinosaurs were this big only because of natural selection.
I'm at the characters limit. Just a last thing if expentionist are not mistaking, why only earth ?

A

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Solenki]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Anamnesis

here it is: www.dailypaul.com...

Nine Arctic Nukes Exploded in Eighteen Hours
Posted November 23rd, 2008 by Hannah2

educate-yourself.o......

By Zuerrnnovahh-Starr Livingstone
educate-yourself.o......
November 18, 2008

On November 17 and 18, 2008 nine H-Bombs were exploded below the Arctic Ocean near the North Magnetic Pole. I was unable to transfer this info from the IRIS Seismic Monitor, so I copied this information longhand and typed it back onto my computer.

DATE TIME LATITUDE LONGITUDE MAGNITUDE DEPTH (Kilometers)

17 Nov 2008 12:55:23 UT 79.66 -116.86 5.7 10.0
17 Nov 2008 13:16:51 79.70 -115.78 4.7 10.0
17 Nov 2008 13:40:11 79.70 -115.36 5.1 10.0
17 Nov 2008 17:17:05 79.70 -115.78 4.7 10.0
18 Nov 2008 03:59:49 79.61 -114.76 5.6 10.0
18 Nov 2008 04:10:35 79.76 -115.70 5.1 10.0
18 Nov 2008 04:52:51 79.74 -115.32 5.3 10.0
18 Nov 2008 05:37:27 79.75 -115.33 4.9 10.0
18 Nov 2008 07:05:12 79.78 -114. 69 4.7 10.0

The North Magnetic Pole is about 80 degrees North and 104 degrees West and follows a circular 50 kilometer path each day. This area is north of Banks Island near the edge of the continental shelf and edging into the deeper waters of the Arctic Ocean. It is within Canadian waters.

Checking IRIS WILBER system of seismographic readings I was able to see the distinctive peaks of underground nuclear explosions. No small tremors leading to the major event and few if any aftershocks. The area is seismically stable. None of the blasts appeared to trigger sympathetic tremors. The explosions were concentrated in an area about 16 kilometers by 16 kilometers (10 miles by 10 miles). The explosions were in the 5 to 10 Megaton range. All were 10 kilometers deep (6.2 miles).

Such a concentration of explosions punched a hole in the crust and will allow petroleum from the bottom of the crust to leak into the Arctic Ocean. This could destroy life in large sections of the Arctic Ocean.

The Russians blasted a similar hole in Siberia east of the Urals and soaked hundreds of square kilometers with crude oil. The forests are covered in oil. Also huge volumes of natural gas were vented into the atmosphere. For many years the flaring of the natural gas was the largest source of light on Earth to the astronauts and cosmonauts who flew over night time Siberia. That same field is now the source of natural gas supplied by pipeline to Germany and France. Deep hydrocarbons from this hole contributed to Russia becoming the largest petroleum exporter in the world ahead of Saudi Arabia.

There is a possibility that the Department of Energy working with the oil companies and the Department of Defence, the likely culprits, were attempting to shift the North Magnetic Pole. Checking my compass I have not seen any shifts during the past few days. The flipping of the magnetic poles is happening as the field strength of the Earth is half of what is was centuries ago. There are other disturbances in the Earth's magnetic field indicating change is coming. Were they trying to accelerate the flipping of the poles? Were they trying to cause such calamity that martial law would be imposed? Were they trying to kill five to six billion people?

( I believe there is a way the poles can shift without causing problems.)

They are prodding nature with a stick. The pole ice samples, magma layers and all the cities they keep finidng off the coasts of india, australia, africa and various places, almost one a year, arent broken up. This means whole land masses fell in or sunk.

There are signs that magnetic pole reversals and crustal changes and even earth tipping ones, have occurred in the past, due to cities, land mass distribution, magnetic polarization, and the types of vegatation and creatures found. We live a fragile planet, like a bowl of jelly actually, with very thin crust on the surface, compiled of loose gravel, some rock, its so jelly like that earth buldes out of its sphere from a very slow spin, just around 1000 miles/hr I think I read, it looks like it isnt moving from space.

There are dangers ahead. Things can be slow or fast depending on many outside events, and also on sabatoge from the elite.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Perhaps I wasn't clear in my previous argument. I am not arguing against plate tectonics or the wilson cycle or any other observed facts. Has it occurred to anyone to look at the evidence first before forming a conclusion?

Why do you guys make a fuss about it? What if the core is expanding? So what? This will result in new material pushing out the outer layers thereby causing constant pressure, fissures, friction and movement. This discovery actually compliments Geology but everyone wants to bury it because the underlying causes (likely nuclear reactions) are not fully understood. Remember, we are talking about billions of years...even a snail can travel a long distance in that time. Cumulative effects of small nuclear reactions occurring in the core is not far-fetched.

So what if we cannot precisely determine the cause. We can clearly see the resulting effect from the videos available. If you wish to research further there is more data. Data also points to matching land features when continents are brought together. Look at the freaking evidence before attacking me and understand that I am not disputing Geology in its entirety, just Pangaea.

Neal Adams was not the person to make the discovery and he simply made the animations available for all to see. The theory is much older than him.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by platoslab]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Oh and I was wrong about the cancelled, instead of saying excercise extreme caution, though I thought I had read that, and if I find another one will post it, but I quickly found this:
cotocrew.wordpress.com...

Russians order Flight Changes, after Massive Magnetic Shift downs Airliners

The first aircraft to be downed by this phenomenon was Air France passenger flight 447, and which these reports say that upon encountering one of these geomagnetic storms, on June 1st, near the western boundary of the African Tectonic Plate close to Brazil’s Fernando de Noronha Islands, was “completely annihilated” causing the deaths of 216 passengers and 12 crew members as their plane plunged in pieces into the Atlantic Ocean.

The second aircraft to be downed occurred on the eastern boundary of the African Tectonic Plate today when another of these geomagnetic storms slammed from the sky a Yemeni Airways flight to the Island Nation of Comoros in the Indian Ocean of which of the 153 passengers and crew aboard, only 1 “miracle child” has been rescued, so far.

To the catastrophic events occurring within the African Tectonic Plate it has been known for over a year with the reporting of a “new ocean” forming in Ethiopia, and as we can read as reported by Nature News Service:

“Although the birth of an ocean is an extremely rare phenomenon on the largest of historical scales, the geophysics is currently experiencing such an event. Even more dazzling, this occurs in one of the Earth’s most inhospitable and arid regions, the Afar Depression in Ethiopia.

The African continent is literally unstitching itself apart just like the sleeve of an old shirt, along the area known as the East African Rift, which traverses it beginning with the southern end of the Red Sea, going through Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania and Mozambique. The molten lava beneath the Earth’s surface makes it thin by constantly pushing against it, and eventually breaks it and tears it apart.”

Though Western scientist assert that the formation of this new ocean is not likely to be finished for millions of years, Russian scientists state, unequivocally, that due to the Suns current unprecedented Deep Solar Minimum, our Earth is in danger of being, literally, “ripped apart”, at the worst, or nearing a “total pole reversal” due to an as yet unexplained, but extremely powerful, gravitational force emanating from the outer reaches of our Solar System ...

I'm not worried about the credential of this link, because when I was researching for my thread, there are many links, and the rest of this article talks about theories of planet x, well guess what, thats not real.

But we have lined up numerous things that can affect this:

1) CMEs, and they can be caused by any number of things, such as LaViolette's research into emissions from the core, or something that disturbs the ort field, astroids, comets, a possible dark rift which physcists agree that the center of our galaxy is a super sized black hole which would be quite flat, and emit a high density gravity field (the dark rift). we do bob up and down and that mayan calendar does also mention a dark rift, and the pole ice samples show cosmic dust at regular intervals. There are so many possibilities.

The one thing do know is the elite shouldnt be trying to speed up sudden catroshpic earth changes like its rumored they did. Their bases are reported to be finished in 2011, and I was told they can house up to 14% of humanity. Things are very suspicious and you don't have to be a 2012 fanatic or a mayan calendar supporter, or a planet x believer (I am cautious about the first two and not a supporter of the last) to know something could be terribly wrong.

Even a hit of strong energy (or again some underwater or underice nukes
could really make the pole meltdown and a flash flood that would be world wide devastation with huge rises in ocean up to 230 feet) could destroy much of the world.

But this pole reversal and geomagnetic stuff is even worse if its not a reversed, haulted, dealt with metaphysical, and I believe we have to do a lot more than just wait, passively by and risk possibly making all the leaders days by being swept in the night.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
More videos proving expansion on Earth, moon and Mars! It is not a phenomenon isolated to Earth.

www.nealadams.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This one too: www.liveleak.com...

Russian scientists further warn that the West’s “obsession” with manmade Global Warming is a deliberately designed propaganda effort to shield their peoples from the fact that not only our Earth, but all of the planets in our Solar System are currently undergoing rapid warming, and as proved, beyond all doubt, by Doctor Scientist Habibullo Abdussamatov, head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, when in 2007 he released his findings that for the previous 3 years the ice caps of Mars have been melting at an unprecedented rate.

And, as reported by one, of many, dissident Western news sites, “Photographs of the merging of two red spots on Jupiter, evidence of warming on Neptune's largest moon Triton, warming on Pluto that is "puzzling scientists" and, of course, the already documented warming trend on Mars all add up to convincing evidence for increased solar activity across the entire solar system.”

To the most chilling parts of these reports on the current instability of the African Tectonic Plate are those Russian scientists who assert, that, should a powerful enough gravitational force be exerted upon this region [such as that which would occur in our Earth’s presence with a Planet X type body], it would cause this plate to be subsumed with the Atlantic and Indian Oceans completely covering what is now known as the African Continent, and further cause a corresponding rise of what were known to the ancient peoples as the Continents of Atlantis in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and Lemuria in the Indian and Pacific Oceans.

Everytime they talk about energy and gravity they think planet x. I think LaViolette, and many physicists who have been debating mass extinciton events and debating the possible main culprit being pole reversals, which are sporadic, coupled with something that affects the core, for decades now.

So what I think of is black holes, gravity fields, CME's, comets, astroids, cosmic quirks. I remember a thread or article about a star on the verge of supernovaing pointing at us, things like that. They did take hubble out after all when it was reported they saw something in the Washington Post in 1983, I beleive. I think it was IRAS, but they still took out hubble, and left it unrepaired until now.

www.evpreversespeaking.com...

I was told that 1983 was when they began to build their bases in earnest, just not why.

There could be many reasons why. But nuking the geomagnetic north pole, (really the south) isnt' smart.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply Unity_99. I won’t comment on all of the things you’ve mentioned though, as I think it clouds the discussion regarding Expanding Earth theories. Please understand that I am not disputing the fact that the Earth’s magnetic polarization has flipped many times. That fact is well documented. I was merely pointing out that there is no correlation between Geomagnetic Storms and Magnetic Pole shift.

Platoslab – It’s unfortunate that you feel attacked here. However the reason that some are adamant in their defense of conventional Plate Tectonic theories, or rather, adamant in their dismissal of the Expanding Earth theories is due to the fact that Expanding Earth models violate the laws of Physics and known Geological processes. One of the fallacies that makes it impossible to accept Expanding Earth is clearly stated by you in your last post; “ Why do you guys make a fuss about it? What if the core is expanding? So what? This will mean the new material is always pushing out the outer layers thereby causing constant pressure, fissures, friction and movement.” My question to you would be; “Where is the “new material” coming from? Is it being created from nothing? Another major problem with Expanding Earth theory is the claim that there are no Subduction zones!! Don’t tell that to the people in Sri Lanka or the folks on the West coast of the US. Those people live with the reality of Subduction zone seismic activity every day.

The so called “discovery” of Expanding Earth theory doesn’t compliment conventional Geology at all; in fact it stands in direct opposition to Geology, Physics and common sense! I have looked at the “freaking evidence” for expanding Earth. A video is not convincing enough. Anyone can make a video which shows something that looks accurate but in reality is not. If anyone expects to have Expanding Earth theory taken seriously then they must be able to define the mechanism(s) by which it occurs because the mechanisms which have been described for Plate Tectonic theory have been defined, tested, observed and generally accepted.

As Solenki described in his last post, there are means of determining the density and composition of crustal strata through the use of sonic waves. Further, when an Earthquake occurs, different types of sound waves are generated; P-waves and S-waves. Geologists have determined the density of the various layers in the planet through detection of these waves and the rate at which they travel through the planets various layers.

www.seismo.unr.edu...

Here are a few more links to help those who truly wish to understand;

geology.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

geology.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Having just finished my geophysics degree last year. The Ethiopian Divergent Rift Zone was definitely a highlight for me. One of the most interesting geological areas on Earth.

New Scientist Article

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
With the Expanding Earth info you will see that this sort of thing is to be expected.

Ana, it is defined here:

Expanding Earth

Also be aware of the Rio Grande Rift in the US.
And the Grand Canyon Rift.
And maybe even the Mississippi valley rift.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by OhZone]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
wow that dosnt exactly happen everyday does it

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If we do not know how its going to be a new ocean, then to me this seems mute, and if its a new rift(did I read that right) why is there vegetation on the sides of the wall?Never mind it was 2005. boy I really researched that one huh?

[edit on 11/4/2009 by cowboyz4ever]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
this is fasinating , i love stuff like this .

you learn something new about the planet each day .

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

By "new material" I meant transmutated elements formed from nuclear processes. Earth does not exist in a complete vacuum. According to modern physics there are trapped gasses that were absorbed during formation. The molten core may even have an active loading and unloading cycle to this day.

Cold fusion experiments around the world have proven such transmutations as reality. When observation is not consistent with the theoretical model, it is the model that must be corrected.

One basic fact remains which no one wants to address; all of the continents fit together resulting in a smaller Earth. This is irrefutable. You can choose to ignore it, or examine the possible causes. It is unfortunate many have decided ignorance because it doesn't fit their perfect (perceived) model.

Any model can have flaws.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What do you guys think of Expanding Hollow Earth theory then?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join