It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven M. Greer - ok, what now...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
hello

today i found in my e-mail a mail from Steven M. Greer

here it is

HOPE A few months ago, I had a very lucid dream early one morning before rising. A thought- recurring and insistent- entered my mind, gently saying: "Let us hope, so that we may live..." As this thought recurred, a number of lucid images appeared: First, I found myself in Africa, in a rural and desolate place, clearly impoverished and lacking any means of sustenance. A child, perhaps 10 years of age, was wandering through this bleak and forbidding landscape, starving, and cradling a younger dying child in his arms. And the voice was saying: Let us hope, so that we may live... I wept as I saw that this and this alone- the spark of hope within the soul of this child- propelled him forward to live. Amid the suffering and against all odds, only the driving force of hope sustained him. Then I saw my own childhood- desperate at times and lonely, not knowing how I would survive and not knowing how to go forward. And this thought was repeating: Let us hope, so that we may live.... And so I saw at times that this was literally all that I possessed: The spark of hope, somewhere in the crevices of my soul, keeping me going- even to today. Hope. Next I saw all who dwell on earth now, at this time of great change, challenge and difficulty, and this singular thought was repeating: Let us hope, so that we may live... And I saw that this was the indispensible quality to which we all must hold: Hope, which will carry us forward together to the fulfillment of the promise of humanity. While we may not live on hope alone, surely we cannot live without it. So throughout the coming days of trials, changes and the transformation of life on Earth, we can turn within and hear, and never forget: Let us hope, so that we may live.... Steven M. Greer MD 29 October 2009

it was sent from orionproject.org

ok?

www.theorionproject.org...

whats this...i mean i thought Mr. Greer is serious, all-UFO disclosure guy......

what do you think?

thanks

[edit on 2-11-2009 by deejayiwan]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ermmm... okay... For a second there I thought I was reading the journal of a suicidal highschool teenager.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
what's the point here?

just a "keep on truckin'" speech?

in all seriousness...i see a message of hope...anything else i'm supposed to be getting out of this?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I got that too from facebook page of disclosure project. Is it a fake or not, I don't care, I deleted it.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Not sure what to think tbh, seems like fluff, the Orion project has gone all quiet, if this is the best he's got it ain't saying much.

Where are the developments in acquiring the Stan Meyer tech, and all the other wonderful technologies Greer is supposed to be privy to?

Think if there was really that sort of tech then it would have been out by now. As Edgar Mitchell says, we are not there yet.

Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Cool thread dude. I should have got that email(jealous) i bought his book. Used off amazon. I didnt get to read it yet, I have quite a few in the Q. (and im a rogue warrior junkie so sorry stevie. Demo Dickie Marcinko rules.

So it seems that after I read the foreword it seems like a really positive book with a strong message.

Yesterday I was cooking at the Catholic Church for Project Hope N Y. We feed the hungry and homeless. Its a lot of fun to work hard and give back to the community, even if it is thru the Catholic church (say what you will... read the Vatican Secrets thread)
I had to attend a class on pediphiles and how to spot them. Yikes that sucked, but anyway... The words Faith Hope and Charity were painted on the walls by children. With 3 simple philosophy's we can prosper and do anything.

I am strong in belief that benevolent EBE's are watching things closley here, and while things like death arn't fully understood by us little peeps at the bottom of the pyramid, we are serving a greater purpose, and we have the free will to save thoose starving kids mentioned by Greer.

30,000 die a day from Starvation related causes, 25,000 are children. Click to feed 6 children
just follow the instructions and feed the starving

Anyway, another good thread brotha!

semper fi

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Greer has a interesting role in all "this stuff".

What is written is under the assumption he is not just a scam artist trying to sell books to a niche market:

He is desperately trying to be taken serious by producing as many credible people, experiments, etc. However he also is a believer.

A believer will be crystal gazing, dream interpretation fruit loops at times simply because they take it as a quasi-religion of sorts. They will become more in tune with (arguable) extra sensory perception elements, etc...so, he has a duel personality here...one of science and seriousness, and the after 5pm hope and crystals stuff.

Keep in mind, Greer is not doing anything scientific...he is bringing forth as much substantial stuff as possible to prove a point. Science does not try to prove a point, it tries to disprove and whatevers left becomes truth. Greer does not have a hypothesis of aliens, he has a movement of aliens...so, he never was much more than a middleman and a crystal gazer. This type of email shouldnt be a suprise, after all...most people whom are pushing for something to be properly scientifically analysed are point oriented and already a believer in whatever they are pushing.

Doesn't make him any more or less credible...just makes him have more levels to him than what his dayjob requires of him.

You will find all the people in the UFO field...the big speakers and high ranking credibile people are also similar in that their belief colors their actions, be it meditating, dream interpretations, etc etc...and if its all true, I guess it would be hard not to do things slightly different than the norm.

I also see people whom goto church every sunday as just as crazy...but hey, it makes them happy to have these peculiar unscientific hobbys.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I also got that e-mail. I am puzzled as to why he sent it unless it is a message of "All we got left is hope cuz the Aliens are gonna fry our ass"

It was like an " I have learned too much and now I despair " letter.

I had great hopes that he might accomplish something, but when I see an effort like that turn into a books, DVD's, and seminars sales outfit it kinda dulls the whole thing.

Maybe someday someone with no agenda but to just get the truth out will show up.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Maybe it was an attempt to try to sustain hope among the hopeful since disclosure hasn't happened like promised. I agree that the email does sound depressing. I hope he's okay.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
Maybe someday someone with no agenda but to just get the truth out will show up.

Heres the issue with that.
Most of the world still gets their information from books. Books cost money to print and distribute and most publishing companys simply wont print your book unless there is some sale value in it of course.

So, what your hopeing on is someone willing to spend millions of $$ (assuming s/he has it to begin with) for a non profit book.

These people whom write this stuff have given countless interviews, web publications, etc on the subject to make it a pretty moot point in reading the books in the first place...so that does say something. But, not everyone has net access to begin with.

If Christ came to earth and wrote a final end all/be all of everything, he would still need a publicist to help print the book, and no doubt he would look like an opportunist if he did that...not to mention if he wanted to dedicate his life to spreading the word around, he would need to do things like, eat...have a home, etc....which means he would need to turn a profit to live.

I always wonder why people become disenchanted whenever someone puts a book out. Imagine a psychic...real deal. Could talk to dead, give you any info you requested, etc...how many people on earth would book him if he was doing it for free? all? yep. but if the person charges...say, 1k$ for half hour, then he significantly free's up his time so he can sleep, watch a hour of TV now and again, etc...along with be able to do this psychic thing full time verses get a job flipping burgers or whatnot.

People demanding that other people with info spend their life and fortune giving away such info for free are living in a different universe.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
When I read 'I had a lucid dream' I stopped to read.

The only hope here is the one he has to get people to follow him.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What has Greer disclosed so far? It's been more than 8 years since the press conference which blew my mind as I saw it for the first time in 2004. That has been 5 years ago. Greer should be sued for not disclosing himself!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Stooge of the powers that be.
He was told what was going on and ignored the truth.
If he can't determine real world truth he might as well
stay in EBE fantasy land.
Stay ignorant of the facts.
Way to go Greer.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

What was he told that he hasn't told us? I must have missed where that was revealed.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Guess you must be in the book business too..

I have nothing against people who want to write and sell books. I would just like to see someone who would get to the bottom on the UFO/Alien thing, dig in and do some real research, come up with something REALLY solid and THEN let the world beat a path to their door.

The book... that tells the story of how they got to the bottom of the situation will be a super bestseller.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
When I was a newbie to the serious study of ET, gathering info and informing myself, Dr. Greer quickly became my guiding light. After meeting him at a UFO convention and then having had a few years pass to continue my observations of him, my opinion of him has shifted considerably... and, unfortunately, not for the better.

I also got that email this morning. I wonder if he is hoping for a personal reason. The bad guys of the military industrial complex did (according to Dr. Greer's writings) give him cancer by vibrational weaponry. It killed his close friend, but he survived (again, per his book). Maybe he has had a health setback or the evil ones are attacking him again.

He claims to have part native American ancestry, and maybe he is just "praying in a good way". In that case, thanks for the prayers.

We on Steven's mailing list have learned nothing substantive about the zero point energy quest either. I get teaser updates and requests for funding or offerings to attend special gatherings (requires funds). No sweat lodges though...

IMO, the Disclosure Movement has stalled. I keep a sharp eye on ATS (hardly ever log off) and now have many, many hours of trolling the web, YTubes, Camelot interviews, etc under my hat. I am waiting.

Hey, I just remembered... weren't we supposed to have a major event in late October? Another buildup to: nothing.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
in my idea the mail is not depressing ...

it is just a good message ... whatever u wanna call it

maybe he did this text and he though it was good enough and send it to show everybody he can make a good text

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

What was he told that he hasn't told us? I must have missed where that was revealed.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by gazerstar]

Greer didn't tell me the truth.
Bill Lyne told him the truth.
In interviews before putting to together the disclosure Project.
Greer used nothing of what Bill Lyne said.
Do not think Lyne ever spoke with Cooper but
says Cooper read his book and forever thought different of
the US government.
I might say the government is an illuminati shill.

So I don't think Bill's work is fiction but is must reading for putting
it all together as one might say.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Greer is out of his mind.... although that was a touching piece of poetry he wrote.

He is a snake oil salesmen at best who is just another road block hampering science from taking UFO's seriously.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Seriously? Hope, Change? Anyone see something here? I remember someone recently using these terms over and over, and became the most powerful man in America! Is Greer riding on the obvious success of these keywords?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join