It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone noticing the increase in new, aimless threads?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This is just a thread for those that agree with me about the idea that there are more threads today with nonsensical titles, and absurd information, almost as if they are signing up to mislead and create chaos inside ATS?

Maybe like the gov't paid employees who are supposed to be dis-info agents?
Here's the ATS thread from a whle back about it:www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just have a funny feeling about some of the threads here. Like they are being planted on purpose by either gov't paid trolls, or really bored youth.

This site used to be full of good, meaningful threads. Now I see more junk everyday.

Maybe I'm just delusional. Maybe, I hit the nail on the head.

What say you: ATS'ers?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Also lots of people who post lame comments in threads trying to derail them, then logging off a minute later.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Does this thread count?
Just kidding.
Seriously though, it's like wading through hip deep mud lately.
As well as one might consider the possibility of dis-info agents operating their agendas, maybe people just suck, and want nothing more than to be asses.
I feel that is the majority of the slop around here.
Ignorance is funny to those who are ignorant, no so funny to those that deny it.

[edit on 11/1/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Examples?

Come on, name and shame!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Also lots of people who post lame comments in threads trying to derail them, then logging off a minute later.
[edit on 1-11-2009 by Copernicus]

Exactly my point. At least I'm not the only one who sees this.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Examples?

Come on, name and shame!

See there are examples on the first page of threads. But, I will not rat out those. You can plainly see for yourself.

Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Yeah, we don't need an all out flame war Apocalypse because we decided to name names.
It should be obvious.

[edit on 11/1/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Haven't been here long enough to really have an informed opinion, but my un-informed impression is, yes. Also, worthwhile threads are being moved to the bargain basement known as BTS. And people are less "generous" with stars, flags, etc.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think the mods are doing theyre jobs because I'm seeing less now...

Again, copernicus hit the nail on the head, through the wood and into the rafters.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Examples?

Come on, name and shame!

Ok, how about this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I responded with harsh words because of the obvious stupidity! I wasnt the only one. Many did the same thing.

Needless to say, the moderators removed my comments and deducted 500 points. I almost quit stopping by ATS. I think there should be a seperate flag system that you can use to warn others not to waste their time.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Although I've only been a member for a short time, I have been reading on this site for over 2 years.
I have noticed an awful lot of OMG doom threads the last few months, and some other spaced out junk I can only assume is the result of illegal substance use.
So in my opinion, there is too much dross here.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

But to be fair it was posted in the Skunk Works forum......

This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum.

What else do you expect?

Peace.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ukmadmax
I have noticed an awful lot of OMG doom threads the last few months, and some other spaced out junk I can only assume is the result of illegal substance use.
So in my opinion, there is too much dross here.

Exactly. More than that though. I see more new users with absolutely no valid views on the topics posted. I don't think I'm in the right rank to name those, and search for them to show others.

Thats what mods are for.

I bet if this thread keeps up, there will be a troll. Wait, I guarantee.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I found it on the front page and picked up on it because of the title. I never noticed the info at the top. When I check ATS, I look for titles of things I find interesting. People are intitled to come up with crazy theories. But it said "alien factory" and then had an obvious picture of a tree. I was given a warning for "excessive quoting" once. They say it takes up space on their server. If I ran around creating the most bogus threads and posted them it would add to my point system right? I would be "contributing". What keeps someone from posting crap for personal gain? Im new so maybe i dont get it. Their should be a system that at least allows the majority to warn others not to waste their time. Just my opinion. If crap threads get one, then so do I!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Oy, that's a pretty horrible thread.....

But I see it's still on ATS, eh? It hasn't been moved to the B(t)S section.
Maybe such decision making should be flag-based too, because as it is it is obviously too dependent on personal choices and (dis)likes.

BTW, you're not the only to consider "quit stopping by". Some of the finest minds are leaving, and some have already left.
I've been reading some old threads and when I clicked on some of the writers' names I saw they hadn't been around for a long time.
This is not the only forum around. And new ones can grow any time.

Simple truth.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
I responded with harsh words because of the obvious stupidity! I wasnt the only one. Many did the same thing.

Perhaps you would have not lost 500 points and been left with a feeling to never visit ATS again if you had done as the moderator had said in that thread and simply debunked the topic in a civil manner without resorting to what too many people these days find so easy to do to each other.

If you ram negative energy onto a person just because they post something “you” judged to be pointless you should not be surprised if you then attract a negative response?

Just an observation, not a slight towards you! Live and let live I say

[edit on 1-11-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

A little off topic, but "flag contribution level". It increases as you give people flags, right? Is the intent to flag alot? I thought you where to flag the topic you thought worthy of a flag. Or is it about having a high contribution level? I dont understand the system maybe.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I agree, it was a ridiculous post.

But the best way to deal with such posts is to ignore them. Posting on them is only adding fuel to the fire.

The increase in 'doom' threads is what really bothers me. Its almost as if people are picking dates out of nowhere in the hope some sort of disaster will happen on that date. Then they can come back on ATS and say 'see, i told you so!'

Peace.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What you see as aimless threads might not seem aimless to the poster. Just because its a topic of little intrest to you does not make it unworthy of posting.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Seriously how many threads in one day are we going to have about this one topic, I've done seen 3-4 different threads of this topic being discussed. One is enough.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join