It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the current storm, the future will be very bright!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Some of the best times in history were birthed out of the worst. Why? Because people become desperate! They learn not to trust their jobs, the companies they work at who have laid them off in the past! Think about it, many of the people who are unemployed who eventually find jobs again are going to try harder next time to build their life up to help protect against it happening again! They will look for ways to create more wealth. Getting out of the rat race will be even more pressing to them! They will create, they will try to find their way. New things will be created, people will find themselves in new areas in their life.

I think America's real asset isn't it's currency but it's creativity. If you simply look at many of the things that come out of America that are created, you'll see we have the capacity to create our way out of any mess. Look at the internet and computer technology across the board! American dominance throughout worldwide. GOOGLE, YAHOO, MICROSOFT, CISCO, IBM.

I know this is early to say it but computer technology is the foundation on which all future technology will be built!

There needs to be more creativity and fostering of creativity coming out of America to bring more wealth to Americans. We can sell our products worldwide, whatever they may be if we can create things that add value or help people in some sort of way.

I know it's looking very bad right now with all the layoffs and high unemployment, however you have to look at the boom that has followed since the Great Depression. Look at all the great things that were created in a short period of time afterwards! It's almost as if America was living in some old time bubble prior to it!

It really is the case that many people really don't implement serious change until their way of life is threatened. Until they realize they can't go through the same things again or anymore. What will the future bring after the current storm, I'm optimistic!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colopatiron

What will the future bring after the current storm, I'm optimistic!

Hopefully we will have full fledged warfare in the streets of America soon and after the bloodshed has washed away we will have a new and improved constitution minus the current bloodsucking leeches at the top.

Here's to a bright future.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c7f0c9f77ce.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 30-10-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I'm thinking that war has seldom been worth the cost. I would prefer a quiet "revolution", one in which we make changes through the system, instead of destroying it. The system has worked fairly well, except recently. It is obviously seriously flawed, but so are all such systems.

A bloody revolution will just kill a bunch of people, and it could very easily leave an even worse gang of bandits in power. Look what happened in Russia after their revolution. They wound up with guys like Stalin, who was far worse than anything a tsar ever did. After the French Revolution, the newly-empowered common people slaughtered many of their most valuable people, authors, scientists, and others that they decided weren't worthy.

Anyway, you won't see a bloody revolution in this country (USA) until more people are convinced they have nothing to lose. Revolutions are committed by desperate people, not just dissatisfied people. So far you've got plenty of dissatisfaction, but not very much desperation in this country. Forget the revolution. Work for peaceful changes.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Once a revolution begins in America it will morph into total lawlessness and anarchy without end.

The killing, the burning and the looting will go on and on until America is a desolate smoking ruin.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I think the worst is over . The market might drop a thousand or two but maybe not. It's over rated but not the market of old. Companies are hiring around here and even advertising on the radio. two headhunters have called me this week and the local nuke plant is ramping up to build another reactor. The reactor job will be 2000 people for 6-8 years at an average pay over 100k$. Things are looking up

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Over ?

It has not yet even started.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Great post. It's true, these are the trials that made our country great in the past and could be the catalyst for great things in the future.

Unfortunately, I think things will be getting a lot worse before they get better.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Colopatiron

I know his name is used a lot here, but Gerald Celente has forecast that there will be a renaissance. The biggest and best opportunities over the next twenty to thirty years will be in new technology, energy, ecological and environmental etc.
Farming is expected to rise, and I do believe your lovely Monsanto (sp?) will be forced out of meddling. The Federal Government will be forced by the people (during the second revolution perhaps) to remove all restrictions and legislation blocking people from supporting themselves through farming and the like.

I've seen this movement coming slowly for the past five years or so in the UK. People are all moving toward more ecological ideas. One of the biggest leaders in this movement is in architecture.
There are so many new buildings focusing on environmental impact, beauty, sustainability. Green is the new black. Finally buildings are being designed to lessen their visual impact and work in-tune with the environment.

I personally had always thought it would take something truly catastrophic, WW3 or something similar, to force people in this direction. While I'd thought necessity would lead to it, I'd never considered an economic collapse as a motivating force. Short-sighted I suppose.

It's a great prospect. The leaps we could make in energy production over the next few years are immense, especially now that the investment money will be flowing toward such goals.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613

... you won't see a bloody revolution in this country (USA) until more people are convinced they have nothing to lose. Revolutions are committed by desperate people, not just dissatisfied people.

Have you seen this video?

The Housing Collapse of 2010 Will Be Worse Than 2008
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The fun is just starting.

The people with something to lose are about to lose it.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Our house is falling apart, badly needs replacement, and it's even shifted off its foundation.

Yes, there may be a brighter future, but not in this house. It's been too modified and torn apart for a bright future.

Some things need to be torn down so you can start over.

top topics

join