It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1375 Replies and 189 Flags, what was with the October threads, will we ever learn?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hey ATS, I guess you are all like me, a little disappointed that we've made it through this most recent of 'End Times' unscathed.

A quick check in the Prophecies board and a few others revealed the statistics in the title. I'm sure there are plenty more I didn't see! 1375 replies and 189 flags, wasted, or not?

Is it doom and gloom scares like this that make ATS such a great place? When it boils down to it, is ATS any different from countless other newspapers, tabloids or media services; Thriving on sensationalism?

What will be the next one, lets have some prophecies on this! What does it say about us, and maybe, just maybe have I spoken too soon!? (Still October isn't it lol!)

And most importantly, would you have it any other way? Hope you have time to reply before the end comes!

All the best, Kiwifoot!

[edit on 29-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Believe me, i know exactly what you mean!!!!!

Certain members have been starting threads on this site souly for the joy of bringing doom and gloom (and i guess the attention it spawns). Anybody who knows me knows exactly which member i'm refering to and the fact that she has gone from her introduction thread last year to platinum hyper expert with 1.000.000 flags, stars and applauses by only bringing doom and gloom.....

So you see, stars, flags and applauses don't really mean all that much but what the h*ll lets make this thread a killer and flag the cr*p out of it...

Here's a flag and star for you, and if i could give any more i would!!!

Peace

(sorry for the rant, i just had to get that of my chest)

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

No feel free my friend, all rants, musings, opinions and thoughts welcome here!

I will resist the temptation to U2U you and find out who you are referring to!

I just wonder who comes up with these ideas first, where do they come from.

I mean someone must have sat down and gone " right, October 26, that's the day TSHTF!"

And I suppose the rest follow? Is that how it works?

Kiwifoot

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Sounds like the global brain was Busy analizing & connecting-the-dots
to me.

It dosen't matter if the image being created in our collective mind
was of a 'MasterPiece' quality... its the effort of the community that was the most important.... warts and all

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Good point mate, but is it fair to say the interests of ATS would be better served getting it right?

But I like your notion of the community working to get to the truth!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I purposefully steer clear of this forum, today i will make an exception.

It seems to me that many people on here seem obsessed with the idea of 2012 and the worlds end. What a waste of time!

Why not try spreading some ideas of love and peace instead of hate and fear?

Religion has a part to play in all this too, go figure

Ingraining us all with the idea of the Apocalypse etc etc...

Surely the idea of the worlds end should make us want to live every day like its our last. Do good. Help eachother. No?

Instead we become paranoid and fearful.

The way i see it, the end of the world is the least of our problems......

Peace.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ah you know what its like here

All Aboard......

I can feel a flaming coming for that

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
i think the largest problem with ATS is that it is populated by mostly humans.
Humans have counterproductive wants they determine are needs, thusly, becoming need.
If "we" didn't want it, it wouldn't be.

ATS is exactly like life.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Some people look at world events, pull in information from various sources, and come to conclusions. Then they post a thread and some of the members speculate. It's all a matter of perspective. I have a world map and a US map next to my work space. When something happens in the world that I feel might be significant, I correlate locations, events, and try to decide what the significance is in the grand scheme of things. It's a just like wargaming. I am trying to anticipate what the next move will be.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
S & F for this.

I think the vast majority of us were 110% sure we'd get by October without any issues. Especially that whole October 25th thing. It was funny to see everyone scrambling about it, trying to guess what was going to happen. Then when the day came, everyone pointed to EVERY. LITTLE. THING. and wondered if that was the start of a massive cataclysm that would change global dynamics.

But...we can't change the believers. They'll continue to be SHEEP to the webbot millionaire, and other profiteers who claim doom & gloom.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
reply to post by St Udio

Good point mate, but is it fair to say the interests of ATS would be better served getting it right?

But I like your notion of the community working to get to the truth!

How can anyone get anything right on ats, when they no crap all in the first place. Some crack pot preacher whos been reading to much Ezekiel, makes a prediction and everyone jumps on it, its a joke, it really is.

The thing that keeps me wired up, is thinking that something major is about to go down, i think most people will agree with me on this.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well it just shows people will believe anything they are told. I dont think we will ever really know when something BIG will happen, it will happen just like it did with 9/11, we wont see it coming.

Im waiting for 2012, so I can wake up the next day and laugh at everyone on here who thought it was going to end.
but that's just me

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You didn't flag the thread.......

I'm not saying you have to but i'm curious as to what the sentiments are amongst ATS users and how it can be that a doom and gloom thread with no research or science or even facts involved can get 200 flags over night....

So if you apose to these kind of threads here then express your solidarity by flagging this one..

Peace

I will give you a star though....

[edit on 29/10/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

i believe this forum is for open minded people. if you dont like what people read then just accept it. im accepting your post. i think its fun read to open debates about prophecy. being perceptually aware i can understand some peoples confusion with what they see. sometimes i personaly mistake what i see in my own life as well.

its my personal belief that most misunderstand twz and novelty. its also my personal belief that twz is accurate. but only accurate if you completly understand the meaning, and have 20/20 hine site.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by onequestion]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

i believe this forum is for open minded people. if you dont like what people read then just accept it. im accepting your post. i think its fun read to open debates about prophecy. being perceptually aware i can understand some peoples confusion with what they see. sometimes i personaly mistake what i see in my own life as well.

its my personal belief that most misunderstand twz and novelty. its also my personal belief that twz is accurate. but only accurate if you completly understand the meaning, and have 20/20 hine site.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by onequestion]

Obviously we are all open minded to a certain degree, otherwise I don't think we'd be on ATS. and I haven't got a problem with the theory of TWZ.

What bugs me is the generalised, apocalyptic, catastrophe thread, that is flagged and starred to hell, and ultimately, turns out to be nothing more than a hoax.

But I also believe it makes ATS fun at times, do they bug me- sure, would I prefer not to have them, I dunno!

kiwifoot

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

LOL I thought I did flag it...Oops...I will now though, because I agree. Im tired of seeing silly threads like the OP mention. They get all the attention when they are just someone's words with no proof of any kind but omg the webbot said it or this guy said it. I mean how many times in Nov are the aliens coming now? I mean was October a bad month so they pushed it back? lol Seriously though its getting a little silly anymore.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If every single Doom prophecy had been true, we should have died... 19989 times, more or less.

Plus most of the ¨Prophets¨are either seeking attention, an extremely nutty conspiracy theorist, or they´re just doing it for fun.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
People are just stupid and gullible unfortunately.

And ATS people, ironically, are much more stupid and gullible than most.

Not all obviously, there are many bright and intelligent and rational people on here, but they're ridiculously outnumbered by the loonies.

The thing with these doom prediction threads, and now all this TWZ and webbot crap, is that people say "hey it's not a prediction, we're actually looking into the past and comparing" or "better to be prepared in case something does happen... instead of being ignorant" I mean... you can't argue with deluded people!!

You just can't.

:shk:

I'm so glad for the rational, non-gullible people on here.....otherwise this site would just be a joke.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think people secretly like these threads. They provide something to hope for or fear, depending on who you are. Even the people who like to bash them probably likes them for giving them something to bash.

Its not like I feel the need to go into every religious thread and scream about God not existing. I just dont read them. Call me crazy.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I think people secretly like these threads. They provide something to hope for or fear, depending on who you are.

I definitely think there's an element of that going on.

But to star and flag these threads, when essentially there is no real evidence, just the hunch of the OP, and for the threads to be so popular, speaks volumes for the mentality and maturity of some members, I feel.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join