It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the idea of a gay man frighten other males so much?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

lol, did you hear that rumour about them, taking gay men and super gluing there anus, and then giving them something to cause diarrhea. Slow death.

Do not know if true, but sickening.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have no problem with gay men, well not exactly. I have no problem with gay people generally-speaking, but I've been denied jobs because I wasn't gay, applying for a job where everyone who worked there was gay. Just like Black people can be racist against white people, gay people can be prejudice against straight people. I'm not lying. It's true.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Why would the idea of a gay man frighten other males so much?

What do you guys think, about this, and whats the real, reason why you people think straight males hate gay males so much? Personally i think its no1, but of course there are lots of bi males, who can have sex with both males and females, but i am talking about all out gay males.

A couple of notes first, namely that you should be careful of asking questions you may not really want to hear answers to... and then, perhaps you should try asking them without loading them like grenades as a weapon.

On a personal level, I believe that everyone has a right to live their life as they choose to. It is not my place or that of the government or the church to regulate sexual practices.

Beyond that, I think homosexuality is probably best described as a birth defect, like so many other that afflict humanity. Gender was created for the sole purpose of reproduction and then, to assure its regular use, pleasure was added along with some emotional attachments.

To weigh the sum of this, we might apply 100 homosexuals of both genders to an isolated island. On another, we isolate 100 heterosexuals of both genders. We place both in the oven of time for 100 years and come back to find that on one island, the population is next to zero. On the other, the population is actually greater than when we left it.

It very well could be that nature uses homosexuality as a tool to regulate population growth or it could be just another biologic imperfection. But either way, we do not harass, intimidate and threaten those with any other birth defects. In fact, we treat them with loving care.

I think society should stop trying to condemn homosexuality like it was a contagion and work to find a cure for it.

And again, on a personal level, I hope you live a long and happy life no matter what your sexual orientation. As long as you are happy with it, I have no complaint.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am definitely not frightened by gays. I do however find the "flamboyant" type of gays to be very annoying and therefore choose not to socialize with gays as more often than not they have friends like this .

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I do not care about it being a loaded question, i just want people just to be upfront about it.

No one should care what i write here, and its not to offend anyone, but the other board gets me going sometimes. About how gays are disgusting.

I asked on the other board, do you think gays find the idea of hetero sex disgusting, just like you do towards gay sex. Only one answered, although the other threads still gets its gays are disgusting posts.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I don't know why it attacks their self images so much, because when women aren't too brainwashed by religions they don't react that way, and its them who experience the loss of a potential romantic interest, not the straight men.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by redoubt

I do not care about it being a loaded question, i just want people just to be upfront about it.

Of course not. The question isn't loaded and aimed at you, it's aimed at everyone else, lol!

Don't be so smug and selfish. Not everyone is your enemy and you will find... here at least, that you will do far better offering a little respect to those you want to participate in your little experiments.

Best

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

LOL I never heard of that one, but this fact im about to say is true. They like to hump animals more then women because they are afraid of getting killed by the girls family if they dont approve of him, so he takes the donkey to the back and makes a complete ass of himself.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

That doesn't fly, logically. I agree with you that, "What's the meaning of life?" "To pass on our genetic material". I believe that and that's why we're #1. Gays have kids. Many lesbians have donors. How many times have you seen what was supposed to be a straight person turn out to be gay? BUT they passed their genetic material on. They procreated. THAT is what in our genes, not sexuality.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Actually I know several gay men that I think are great, but I also know many "flaming gay" men that I would like to run over. It really wouldn't matter what their sexual orientation is, it is the flamboyant over-the-top personality, and the constant attention seeking that gets to us straight men. Truth-be-told, we don't even like women that act that way.

That's exactly what I wanted to say, but I couldn't find the right words, lol.

Can't stand a guy like that, somehow makes my blood boil.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

Actually I know several gay men that I think are great, but I also know many "flaming gay" men that I would like to run over. It really wouldn't matter what their sexual orientation is, it is the flamboyant over-the-top personality, and the constant attention seeking that gets to us straight men. Truth-be-told, we don't even like women that act that way.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Point of No Return]

Somebody once said, "If a person thinks the most interesting thing about themselves is the fact that they are gay, they are probably correct."

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

Hey, you got a problem with Uncle Miltie?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I have no idea why men are afraid of other men, who happen to enjoy men. Not just guys getting together and wrestling, or drinking beer and watching football, etc. I am referring to what the OP speaks to. I don't know. I also don't understand why a woman I know has actually puked a bit in her mouth and had to spit it out just at the thought of a man having sex with her. I don't understand, and I don't think I want to understand. It's just silly to me.

I have this "thing" for Johnny Depp. I think he is a fantastic actor and can be really, really cute. Does that make me gay? Uh, I dunno. I don't think so. I actually believe I would really like to give him a big kiss on the lips for just being so fantastic of an actor and cute as hell.

But, given a choice of having a lovemaking session with Johnny Depp, or just about any woman I can think of, I would choose the woman, or better yet, a few women,
It all just seems a "better fit" with me.

Seriously, though, not like I wasn't being serious, I have no idea why a gay man could be a threat to a straight man. I entertain the idea that, perhaps, there is something going on, that the "straight" man doesn't want to address.

As for me, my wife gets a bit miffed when I comment on a woman, and how I think she is pretty, etc. But, if I comment on a man, she doesn't get upset at all. Hmmmmmm........I guess she realizes, the cute men are not really a threat to HER, but, maybe, the cute women could be.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Nice, at least there is someone out there proving my point.

Gay men are not into donkeys, ta.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Of course not. The question isn't loaded and aimed at you, it's aimed at everyone else, lol!

Don't be so smug and selfish. Not everyone is your enemy and you will find... here at least, that you will do far better offering a little respect to those you want to participate in your little experiments.

Best

The problem with this board is people are too open, not like that everywhere lol, like the other board i wrote this on.

This thread does not work too well here, lol

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

That's a true fact?!?
Do you, by chance, have a source that would confirm that?
Or are you the one making an ass of themselves?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by redoubt

That doesn't fly, logically.

It's all a matter of personal interpretation and opinion. But that being said, I don't think homosexuality is anything to be feared... or condemned.

The truth of who and what we are, as a physical creature, is fairly obvious. What we differ on here is why each of those truths exist as they do.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The problem with this board is people are too open, not like that everywhere lol, like the other board i wrote this on.

This thread does not work too well here, lol

Why fish for arguments? Why not just bask in the open-mindedness?

I never understood people who come to messageboards (or any other form of communication) with the specific intent of provoking arguments. Its kind of boring and doesn't really lead anywhere, in my opinion. Openmindedness on boards like ATS allows for a more pleasant interactive experience. More importantly, it also allows one to "fine-tune" the details and nuances of your opinion together with people who may not agree 100% with you, but who are willing to discuss the matter in a reasonable way. This opens up even newer areas for thought and is infinitely more productive than a shouting match, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepidHey, you got a problem with Uncle Miltie?

Absolutely.
He's not funny.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Ooww, mai gawd!

Tahtss fabulouss.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join