It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the idea of a gay man frighten other males so much?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The problem with this board is people are too open, not like that everywhere lol, like the other board i wrote this on.

This thread does not work too well here, lol

What were you expecting? Stars, flags, no fags, what?

It seems apparent to these alcohol addled eyes that you asked a question with a preconception and miscalculated the intelligence of the ATS member.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The problem with this board is people are too open, not like that everywhere lol, like the other board i wrote this on.

This thread does not work too well here, lol

Or perhaps most straight men are a lot more tolerant and open minded than you think? To be honest I haven't met that many men who are true homofobics.

In many areas of life it's the most ignorant and narrowminded among us who shouts the loudest... And there are some religious people who seem to get a great deal of joy out of judging people and condemning them to hell, of course.

But for every raving homofobic who screams about how disgusting sex between two men are, you will have many, many guys who simply thinks: "Oh, so he's gay, is he? OK. Hey, I wonder what's for dinner tonight? I would really like some steak.... And I hope there's beer in the fridge. Mmmmm.... Steak and beer....."

[edit on 28/10/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

I do not think so, they desperately tried to lock me up in prison, without ever committing a crime in my life. So i think alot are. On the other board it is, gays are disgusting and animals, but here you lot are very open, and probably the ones i want to talk are just too shy, to openly say it.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I do not think so, they desperately tried to lock me up in prison, without ever committing a crime in my life.

Are you talking about the prison that is your mind..?

If so, I see your point clearly...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

What ever, i have been through what peopel have done to me so many times here.

Any one know about any anti gay forums, so i can post it, i really want to know the answers to my questions.

Does anyone know any antigay forums, outhere?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

On the other board it is, gays are disgusting and animals, but here you lot are very open, and probably the ones i want to talk are just too shy, to openly say it.

Please remember that a message board is not the whole world! Also remember that any board or forum will have it's share of trolls... People who just get a kick out of bashing and flameing and making others feel really bad about themselves. In real life known as "psychopats".

And why do you stay at the other board at all? Sounds like it is full of neanderthals to me. I'm sure the board has a "Log off" button. Use it. Leave the trolls and neanderthals to themselves.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

What do you guys think, about this, and whats the real, reason why you people think straight males hate gay males so much?

In the US, there's a great deal of social emphasis placed on "being a man." Boys are told not to cry, they grow up with people who use female gentalia as insults, in movies a man who gets "accidentally" mounted is the butt of jokes...throughout their lives men are given reinforcement that being in any way femininized is very much a bad thing.

With a gay man, there is the very real possibility of them being used as a woman. This possibility shouts out against all of their social training of what is bad.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
A guy with another guy to me is disgusting, the butt is for things to come out and not go in. And can you tell me the deal with most gay guys voices??? You know what I mean...Perez Hilton? Many are also very judgemental...not just of straight guys but also women.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky

Here you go andy buddy...

Enjoy...

lol

i am going to find all the anti gay forums toask them. I just want to know.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In reality, I think it stems from ignorance, but not that bad kind. The " I've never met or been friends with a gay" kind of ignorance.

My father was this way when I came out a looooooooong time ago lol.

After a few months of talking and expressing my understanding of why I am the way I am, he understood. He'd simply never been introduced to the "normal" gay.

He'd had this false idea that we were all flamers and cross-dressers among other things which I won't write for the sake of the TAC.

In any case, I don't think most homophobes hate us because of that fact, it's just the societal stigma associated with being gay which has been prevelant in this society ever since it's inception really.

So I have a suggestion for all those LGBT who have homophobes in their surroudings.

Kill em' with kindness.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

gays dont frighten me its just i find it untenable to think of what they do in private and this is always there. i have a friend who is gay and now his life is ruined at the age of 28 hes been house bound . this was brought on by life style coc aine sex and fast living . if gays are around i want to be as far away as i can . what they do is wrong in my personal opinion.
so i dont want to know gays period

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
"Actually I know several gay men that I think are great, but I also know many "flaming gay" men that I would like to run over.

It really wouldn't matter what their sexual orientation is, it is the flamboyant over-the-top personality, and the constant attention seeking that gets to us straight men. Truth-be-told, we don't even like women that act that way. As I have matured, I am no longer attracted to "slutty" women, no matter how sexy they may be. I think the same probably goes for gay men. "

I can't express it much better than that.

Except to add that the average American man on ATS is from the smarter half of the population. They are not the ones who would cause many problems for gays.

The bottom half of the population, on the other hand, suffer from intellectual genetic disadvantage and carry their ignorance with pride. Like any other problem we face as a country, it is the less evolved among us who cause most of the problems.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Grumble]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So I'm guessing no one can explaind the "gay voice" they use??

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Gays don't scare me. Could care less what they do, just like they care less what I do. The one thing I can't stand though, is the way some of them trumpet the fact that they are gay, and force it down peoples throats with that flamboyant (sp?) lispy voice.

I mean, so what if your gay? Shoot, after my recent divorce, I don't think I like womens privates anymore, either. I kid of course. maybe.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

Yea no one seems to want to answer me about that voice thingy...lol but I just thought to myself, maybe that's how they tell their fellow gays apart from straight guys? If that's the reason though...that seems pretty stupid to me and I will just hate them more.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal

i think if a man is homophobic about gay men, he himself is a closet gay!

It's quotes like this one. If you don't like a flaming gay man you must be one yourself... You dont have to be homophobic to dislike a flaming gay in a g-string simulating sex in public during a "pride parade."

The idea of a gay man doesn't frighten most straight men and I think the question in and of it self is inflammatory. This is just another thread for the gay that started it to incite another flame war.

I think we all know where we draw the line as straight men where gays are concerned. Its the in your face, "we want a 21 gun salute" to be recognized kind of crap that is really annoying. We get it already. No need to be a flaming outrageous gay militant to get your point across. We know you are gay... Now go away already.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The only problem I have with some gays is their over the top flamboyant (camp) personality. A friend of mine is like that and I've told him I can't handle it so he drops the act around me except when in company of other people. That annoys me to the point that I won't be seen in public with him. But he knows he's always welcome at my place as long as he drops the act.

As for the question the OP asks, "Why would the idea of a gay man frighten other males so much?" I don't know. I don't easily get frighten from either sex.

The only issue I have is Bi's, they are just greedy
Yeah I'm joking lol

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Insecurities I guess. Fear of not knowing the right dialogue,maybe ?

Learning how to talk to females takes us a lifetime ! So how to talk to a gay man ? What besides our gender do we have in common ? All things aside,
women are easier to talk to for us because they are so different ! Gay men
on the other hand are similar in a way women are not and different the way
women are !?

And,as a heterosexual in a committed monogamous relationship,promiscuous
Gay behavior doesn't make sense ! Seems like a loose end maybe even dangerous ! So,the fear !

That was my sincere answer and I hope I didn't offend anyone !

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by yizzel
The only problem I have with some gays is their over the top flamboyant (camp) personality. A friend of mine is like that and I've told him I can't handle it so he drops the act around me except when in company of other people. That annoys me to the point that I won't be seen in public with him. But he knows he's always welcome at my place as long as he drops the act.

As for the question the OP asks, "Why would the idea of a gay man frighten other males so much?" I don't know. I don't easily get frighten from either sex.

The only issue I have is Bi's, they are just greedy
Yeah I'm joking lol

That would rub me the wrong way too. We had a gay couple living across the street from us and one of them was flaming to the point of exhaustion. He would get on my last nerve when we had them over or we went over there to hang. Most of the time I would just look at him and shake my head but that usually brought out the cat calls of "you want some of this dont you?" Drove me batty that guy did!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join