It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Banned Books of the 20th Century

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

Looks like you reached your bandwidth limit....

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Every minority, be it Baptist / Unitarian, Irish / Italian / Octogenarian / Zen Buddhist / Zionist / Seventh-day Adventist / Women's Lib / Republican / Mattachine / FourSquareGospel feel it has the will, the right, the duty to douse the kerosene, light the fuse….
Adventists have never felty the urge to burn any book, period.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It was brought to my attention that this past month saw the celebration of 'banned books week' - a celebration of the freedom to read. I thought it was worth bumping this thread in celebration of this and as a reminder that literature should never be censored.

Here we get to see a map of 'Book Bans and Challenges, 2007-2010' which is a further reminder that banning books isn't just something we used to do.

www.bannedbooksweek.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Massive Collection of Books that you do not find on a day to day basis.

www.4shared.com...=13123021

Enjoy and spread the knowledge and the link

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Suprised I didn't see Mein Kampf between these

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
"The terrorist cook book" is a good one that is banned. I have several copies. Also "The Bell Curve" should be required reading for everyone. Who cares about novels?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Spycatcher, wasnt that banned for a while as well ?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Isn't that your job as a parent? To make sure that their minds aren't filled with "filth" from these books, you should certainly have more influence on a child than a book.

Just a quick question: How many of these books have you actually read? I've read most of them myself, liking them was something else all together...

But Catcher in the Rye, To Kill a Mockingbird, and 1984 are three of my favorite books. Filth? Really?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join