It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erotic, Suggestive, Violent or Illegal Content

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I am seeing an increasing number of avatars which violate the T&C. It seems that the moderators are being light about things.

ATS and BTS is a diverse community with a mission to help people understand important issues from current events and history. Due to an evolution from women in bathing suits to women wearing less while in suggestive poses that often detracts from the mission, the following content guidelines apply to the content of both avatars and signatures:

Here's your Source from the ABOUT ATS: Avatar and Signature Guidelines, page 1 posted by SimonGray.

I do not appreciate the suggestive images being used by multiple users. I am not going to point you guys/girls out, as you will undoubtedly do that yourself.

I would like to be able to peruse the information on ATS without seeing a bare chest. If I was the kind of person that did enjoy looking at half-naked people online, there are plenty of other websites at which I might enjoy myself, I'm sure. Instead, I come to ATS.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. - Mods, Why?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I cannot allow this kind of thing to go ignored.

If nothing gets done, this is no different than the way that the U.S. Constitution is being trampled all over.

The irony... if ATS were to become such an entity.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If you see something you feel violates the T&C, please alert it and staff will review. Suggestions and Complaints

Thank you.

[edit on October 26th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You don't want to "out" people. Cool, because that's against the T&C. File a complaint about the avvy's in question and the staff will discuss them. Maybe they are against the guidelines and need to be removed. We can't be everywhere.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Erm ...

You've been talking to TrueAmerican haven't you?

Personally I haven't seen anything too crazy, but then again I am eurotrash.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Methinks someone has grown tired of dear plucky's avatar? *smirk* I agree, though, it's about time for her to change it.

Seriously, the problem with setting "decency" standards is everyone's standards are differant. Avatars such as Plucky's and Leo's are not offensive to me, nor are they provocative, really. If we let the any one group decide what is and is not provocative, it would have to be the Mods, which, as they mention here, is why the complaints section exists.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Yes follow the ATS constitution -rolls eyes-

BAD ANALOGY BAD

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sorry,

Snoopy cannot control his sexyness.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well... firstly I noticed that my thread was closed by a forum moderator... and then it was not. Interestingly enough, that same moderator has a suggestive image.

As far as moderators not being everywhere, that is not accurate. The mods got ahold of my thread pretty quick and seem to get ahold of peoples' out of line statements pretty quick.

I've already made a note to Springer about someone in particular.

schrodingers dog, if you read the T&C, they do not say, "based on euro-trash's opinion". They state simply what the rules are.

According to the T&C, that same moderator's image is considered "artwork" and of course we all know what bathing attire is.

However, where is the line between photo and artwork drawn?
I would like to be able to enjoy ATS without having to put up with this stuff. Yet another conspiracy, let's have at it! Sex sells conspiracy!

[edit on 10/26/2009 by TarzanBeta]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

The T&C DO NOT ALLOW FOR OPINION.

It is exactly as it states.

1) No photos of persons wearing less than shirt-and-shorts.
2) No artwork (non-photo) of persons wearing less than bathing attire.
3) No persons, or links to persons in a sexually suggestive pose.

I haven't been talking to anyone. It's just getting increasingly worse and I think it's disrespectful.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Sokay Tb, I was just messin' a little ...

Honestly, the best way to deal with this, as already mentioned by staff, is to alert them as to what is of concern to you. Though I will say that calling them out is not the bestest way to acquire remedy.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
Well... firstly I noticed that my thread was closed by a forum moderator... and then it was not. Interestingly enough, that same moderator has a suggestive image.

As far as moderators not being everywhere, that is not accurate. The mods got ahold of my thread pretty quick and seem to get ahold of peoples' out of line statements pretty quick.

So your problem is not with avvy's, you've got a problem with the staff. Cool, got it.
You still could have used the complaints function.

Closed, as I'm not sexy.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The avatar you u2ued me about is completely FINE and falls within the TAC.

Springer...

top topics

join