It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yet another "doomsdate" come and gone.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Every single time I see a post about the next significant turning point in the world I can't help but laugh. Especially because as it gets closer to the end, and nothing happens, people either extend the so-called timeframe of doom or start pointing out fairly mundane events to prove its real. WHY is everyone just waiting for the world to fall to pieces? WHY is speculation prized over information for these people? Its as if they have completely ignored the variable of free will. For example, the day we nuked the japanese didn't HAVE to be that day. The bomber could have had a change of heart and not pushed the proverbial "red button." Any number of choices could change the course of history, for better or worse, without any prediction whatsoever. Instead of waiting for the world to effect us in a negative way, why don't we walk away from our computers and effect the world in a positive way? Why don't we feed the poor and fight abuses of power? Waiting for the world to end is the same as taking a shot of whiskey before we pick up a gun to end our own lives. Its an excuse to be idle. Its a reason to be complacent until one of these crackpot theories wash away our current problems with a myriad of new ones.
Stop predicting the future and start creating it.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yeah these panic doomsday threads with specific dates are getting pretty old. You'd think these guys after one cry wolf prediction would fall by the way side as far as popularity and accuracy but they don't. Anyways, the thing that surprises me is it looks like the DOW is gearing up for another rally this week. Crazy! These days of 40 point gains here 70 point gains there we could easily see the DOW back up to 14. I really don't see how it's going to come crashing down in a matter of months anymore. I think we've all been duped. The house of cards has been superglued together.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
well said...but, your asking for people to think critically and have a positive tone. doomsday people are an entrenched lot, and fear is their currency. besides, getting up out of a chair and doing something positive is WORK!! sitting in front of a keyboard all day, eating sandwiches and chips is much easier.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
All though I will say the bombings in Baghdad killng 130 people would have been considered a major terrorist attack if it would have happened in the west or a non muslim country. If I was typing this in Baghdad right now it would have been a true prediction. But since a 130 Iraqis died the world doesn't bat an eye.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
some people just want the world to end cause of their miserable life.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

That's true, and also my point. Every single thing that us americans hope does not happen to us is already happening somewhere else, and the world continues to exist. People still kill eachother every day. Hatred prevails because fear leads the way.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Not true there was a catastrophic event that did indeed happen over the weekend

I caught a cold and have a bit of a sore throat...

so it want entirely wrong... Now I have to go act miserable so my wife will make me some chicken soup

[edit on 26-10-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
leaving my miserable life out of this ....

can we throw out McKenna AND Webbot now ?? ..or is there wiggle room .... also .. Wilcock is on the clock ... tick tick ...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
wait for it, wait for it...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

LOL don't even get me started on disclosure...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mooseinhisglory

very much agreed OP.. i learned not to pay much attentions to doomssay dates and predictions on ats pretty fast, i find it sad that some people still take these situations as possible fact ... to the point where their are people on this forum that were talking to their children and drilling them on the topic of bug outs ect..

and even worse, people talking about keeping their children out of school for the day in case the world will end!

If the world is going to end, it will happen, and bugging out, keeping kids out of school and so on is just pointless... even worse is the training children for a potential doomsday, to me, thats completly against what being a child should be, it reminds me of how sarah connor acts (and is said to have acted) in the film terminator 2.

if the end comes it comes, theirs nothing we can do !

but i do say, dont scare the children out their with doomsday bollocks, as they simply dont deserve it, they deserve the innocence of childhood... if any parents think a doomsday date is coming, just show the usual love you would to your spose, and send them to school... as if some sort of doomsday does actualt happen, would you rather everyone died in a state of fear, or in a flash remembering the world as a happy place and not a scary place....

the world is scary enough these days.... i would hate to be a kid nowadays!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It's not even noon in the US yet plenty of time for another crisis.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You guys do know that there was a glitch in the webbot program and it was November 25 that is the REAL doomsday date, don't you? They announced it this morning.

Just kidding!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

It's not about wanting the world to end. It's about realizing REAL CHANGE is going to rise from the ashes of chaos. Sorry but that's the history of mankind. That's the way it is and that's the way it always will be. Like everything in nature things come in cycles. Peace, war, prosperity.....and most of all CHANGE. You have to tear something down in order to rebuild it. The tool of voting has become useless in changing anything. We need new and more powerful tools in order to initiate change. And unfortunately as the world becomes more violent those tools will become more violent.

Or I guess we could all adopt the utopic fairy tale antics of Martin Luther King, JFK, and Gandhi. After all the world has become a much safer, much less violent place since then right?

I mean think about the USA. Do you HONESTLY think the leaders that run our country, who have no problem destroying, pillaging and plundering other countries by force to get what they want are EVER going to listen to their own people's voice and votes? LMAO! Yeah right. In fact that's the entire problem. 50 years ago our government STILL feared the people. Now because of our stupid belief that violence doesn't solve anything.....the people fear their government. You know that saying don't point your gun at anyone unless you plan to use it. America has LOTS of guns and they are being pointed.............question is do we still have the guts to pull the trigger if need be?

We all need to answer this question.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
All though I will say the bombings in Baghdad killng 130 people would have been considered a major terrorist attack if it would have happened in the west or a non muslim country. If I was typing this in Baghdad right now it would have been a true prediction. But since a 130 Iraqis died the world doesn't bat an eye.

Hmm then I guess every plane crash would be called a major disaster and doomsday , and I bet ya that You haven't even heard about 3/4 of the crashes around the world....Why is that ?
Why are there no predictions about that then ?

Don't get me wrong I am on the fence with most of the predictions because I have witness the paranormal and I am open to such things but come on a 130 death toll is not something major (scary isn't it
) so do not try and justify this with a failed doomsday prediction (well the time frame is not over yet , as it is between the 25th and 28th I believe )

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Thill]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The day ain't over yet. :-)

Who knows though?

Timewave says 6pm on the 26th. 6pm where?

I think the National Emergency declaration was pretty big news. If nothing else happens the doom will probably be blamed on that event.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

i would assume its 6pm where ever the person who invented the theory originated...

*sigh*

not that i even remotely believe in it!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

I'm hardly justifying these silly doomsday scenario predictions. What I'm saying is you have to take into account someone's or a group of people's frame of reference. And you're right...........if we used your parameters there are doomsday scenarios playing out all over the world. THAT WAS MY POINT! I know it might come as some suprise to most but there are still a handful of people that hunt for food, sleep in grass huts, and pray to snakes. I'm sure a doomsday scenario for them would be watching their grass village burn to the ground.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
shame on the bad parents who kept little johhny home today. you need a stern Ward Cleaver talking to.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Irrespective of whether or not something is imminent, let's be fair. Depending upon which actula source you cite the window for these predictions is between 10/24 and 10/28. In the case of WebBot I believe their window has always been out to 11/1. What has happened is that people have heard about these windows and distilled it down to one date. If you listen to/read the original sources they will say 'in the period around 10/25 or between such-a-date-and-such-a-date.

Not that I personally believe anything is about to pop but let's be fair. You can all jump on the overly-crowded 'I told you so' bandwagon later in the week.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join