It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OCT 25: Twin Blasts in Baghdad Kill 91, Injure Scores

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Pure speculation on my part:

I think the specifically said they would take revenge on the UK. But striking out and causing disruption right next door may be what they could pull off quickly instead.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Did anyone come forward and take responsibility for the attacks? Why is everyone making assumptions?

Even when they say they know who it is they never provide the evidence, it is a sad state in that region where everyone is pointing fingers to someone else.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'm pretty sure Iran is in the mix.
Didn't they threaten revenge recently for the massacre of their Top Elite Revolutionary Guard leaders?

Iraqi police said 147 people were killed and 540 wounded in twin car bombings that appeared to target government buildings in downtown Baghdad during rush hour.

Why would they target the Iraqi government which is Shia majority? Iran has good relations with Iraq currently, don't they? Correct me if I'm wrong in this one cause I'm relying on old news to back up my point.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Here, you forgot this.

Pure speculation on my part:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

"The initial analysis shows that it bears the fingerprints of al-Qaeda and the Baathists," he said.

Doesn't Al-Qaeda always brag about their attacks? I haven't heard of any attacks which they were responsible for, yet not admitting except the 9/11. That being said, the Baath party nationalists are the other group fingers are being pointed at, but we know that the Baath party is not that much fan of suicide attacks.

ryad Rawendozi, a member of the parliament’s security and defence committee said that information gathered by Iraqi intelligence proved that Baathists played the role of Al-Qaeda in launching suicide attacks in Iraq (photo).

So there maybe connection between Al-Qaeda and the baath party, I guess that is where we are heading to. A Baath party member wouldn't blow himself up, because they have different beliefs, but they can organize attacks, by supporting Al-Qaeda. But if it was Al-Qaeda they would brag about it, let's wait and see if they brag about it this time.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Jundallah claimed responsibility. Jundallah supposedly supported by US and Pakistan. That was last week.
reply to post by oozyism

Jundallay is Shia. I think Iran associates itself more with Sunni interests.

Probably Iran suspects the US, Brittish MI-6, Pakistan, and Israel could be involved in taking out their military commanders last week. They won't know without a lot of investigation if ever.

The bomb blast could be just a statement that they are pissed.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Jundullah (Army of God) is a militant Islamic organization that is based in Waziristan, Pakistan and affiliated with Al-Qaeda. It is a part of the Baloch insurgency in Pakistan and in Iran's Sistan and Baluchistan Province. The goal of the group is to form an independent and united Baluchistan under a hardline Sunni Islamist government similar to the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. Though Baloch-dominated, the group claims to represent all Sunnis in Iran, regardless of ethnicity. Iran and Pakistan have designated it a terrorist organization and banned it. The militant Sunni group operates inside Iran's southeastern border.

Wiki

Iran really doesn't care about Sunni and Shia rivalry since we can all see their strong support for Hamas which is a Sunni group.

What I'm stating is that the Iraqi government is mostly pro Iranian, why would Iran destroy its influence in Iraq? If they were pissed they could have organized attacks against US forces, wouldn't be that hard.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I don't know ooz.
TiT For TaT.
An Eye for an Eye.

Iranian commanders assassinated

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the criminals would be punished. A Sunni resistance group, Jundullah, said they carried it out.

"The criminals will soon get the response for their anti-human crimes," Irna quoted him as saying.

A top Guards officer has also vowed to deliver a "crushing" response to those behind the attack, according to Agence France Presse.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

Jundallah claimed responsibility. Jundallah supposedly supported by US and Pakistan. That was last week.
reply to post by oozyism

Jundallay is Shia. I think Iran associates itself more with Sunni interests.

Probably Iran suspects the US, Brittish MI-6, Pakistan, and Israel could be involved in taking out their military commanders last week. They won't know without a lot of investigation if ever.

The bomb blast could be just a statement that they are pissed.

Jundallah is Sunni. Iran is predominantly Shia. Pakistan is predominantly Sunni.

This is why most Pakistanis talk trash about Iran.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
NEWS UPDATE: (A Conspiracy in the Making?)
RawStory: Largest Iraq Bombing In Two Years May Have Been Inside Job

Sunday's twin suicide bombings in Baghdad that killed at least 155 people and wounded 500 others may have had help from within Iraq's security apparatus...

"This was a really well coordinated attack on an area in Baghdad that's supposed to be well protected," Maddow told viewers. "In order to reach their targets, the bombers driving these truck bombs had to pass through several checkpoints that were guarded by security forces and those security forces were supposed to be using hand-held devices designed to detect explosives."

Massive Security Failure In Deadly Attack In Baghdad

The initial investigation suggested the vehicles, each packed with thousands of pounds of explosives, might have passed through some security checkpoints before hitting their destination, said Maj. Gen. Qassim al-Moussawi, a spokesman for the city’s operations command center.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It seems like stuff is getting worse there.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

That is a poorly written report.
Pure speculation and conjecture.

Your first source

It implies infiltration of the government.

And

A group called the Islamic State of Iraq, which reportedly includes Al Qaeda in Iraq, has claimed responsibility for the bombing

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

A top Guards officer has also vowed to deliver a "crushing" response to those behind the attack, according to Agence France Presse.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

That is a poorly written report.
Pure speculation and conjecture.

Your first source

It implies infiltration of the government.

And

A group called the Islamic State of Iraq, which reportedly includes Al Qaeda in Iraq, has claimed responsibility for the bombing

Are you saying there is a contradiction in those two points? Because I dont see one.
I can see both the possibility of both being true simultaneously.

Could not have Al-Qaeda had an operative on the inside, or enlisted the help of a government official in help getting past security, timing, placement, etc?

[edit on (10/28/09) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think what Maddow was trying to say is that it SEEMS very unlikely that this attack was able to be carried out without at least some help at the checkpoints if not more comprehensive assistance from someone(s) in the security infrastructure of the area.

Call that conjecture if you will.... I call it logical thinking.

[edit on (10/28/09) by AllSeeingI]

<< 1  2   >>

join