It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OCT 25: Twin Blasts in Baghdad Kill 91, Injure Scores

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3318cdb0247.jpg[/atsimg]

OCT 25: Twin Blasts in Baghdad Kill 91, Injure Scores

www.foxnews.com

91 people have been killed and 250 wounded in twin car bombings that appeared to target government buildings in downtown Baghdad. The blasts went off less than a minute apart Sunday in parking lots near the headquarters of the Baghdad provincial administration and the Ministry of Justice building.

An official with the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad said two American security contractors were injured in the blast, but could not provide details about who they worked for...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on (10/25/09) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The largest bombing in recent history awakens the Iraq situation. Whether a legitimate local terrorist group bombing, or something more sinister.... CIA or contractor related false flag.

This will get people talking about the security in IRAQ serve as news for a few days.

I wonder what contractor company's personnel were injured and at the site. Suspicious

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
INTERESTING:
From Al Jazeera: "The timing of the attack is raising suspicion because Iraq's political leaders were set to meet later today to resolve a dispute which could lead to a delay in elections scheduled for January.

Nuri al-Maliki, the Iraqi prime minister, said on Saturday that if there is a delay, "the government ... and parliament will lose its legitimacy, that there would be a return to sectarianism".

With today's bombings it is unclear if the political rivals will risk convening."

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
twitter.com... says there's at least 100 dead and more than 600 injured.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
NY TIMES: Two Suicide Car Bombs Hit Baghdad, Killing Dozens

"The two buildings targeted Sunday, the Baghdad Provincial Council building and the Ministry of Justice building, were both located on busy Haifa Street less than a quarter mile apart. Blast walls in front of those ministries had been moved back off the road in recent weeks."

The blast walls had been moved back?

Seems fishy. Like when the roof of JFK's limo got removed.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The death toll has just reached 132, according to police in Baghdad,
And also local hospitals confiming that, Seems it may also go up.

My thoughts are with the familys left behind,

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
BBC: At least 90 people have been killed and 265 injured in two car bomb attacks in central Baghdad, Iraqi officials say.

"The blasts hit the ministry of justice and a provincial government office near the Green Zone, causing severe damage.

They came in quick succession at 1030 local time (0730 GMT) as people headed to work during the morning rush hour.

Correspondents say these are the largest attacks since 19 August, when truck bombs hit two ministry buildings and killed at least 100 people.

Iraq then blamed foreign fighters and accused Syria of involvement, demanding a UN investigation. "

These bombs exploded at 1030 am local time in Iraq.
As I write this post it is 340pm local time.

It has been less then 6 hours since the bombings and already they are accusing Syria?

Seems fishy

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Nothing yet about this on the US EMBASSY in IRAQ homepage

I didnt even know they had their own webpage until now.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Xinhua - China View News: Chinese embassy in Iraq damaged in Baghdad explosion

"The first explosion took place at about 10:30 a.m. (0730 GMT) when a suicide bomber drove a truck loaded with explosives near the building of the Iraqi Ministry of Justice in Salhiyah district and blew it up, causing severe damages to the building and other surrounding buildings, the source said.

Shortly after, a second truck bomb struck the building of Baghdad Provincial Council about 500 meters away from the first blast which is also close to the Mansour Hotel where many foreign media and companies live"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5f53045647f.jpg[/atsimg]
The photo taken on Oct. 25, 2009 shows the site of a suicide attack near the building of Baghdad provincial council in Baghdad

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Wow those are some pretty serious car bombs. How come terrorists haven't figured out how to set those off here in the states? Maybe because 9/11 was a lie and the War on Terror is a complete joke.

Or is it any surprise how there's NEVER any US troops or commanders or US politicians or western politicians killed in these massive car bombings?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Reuters: Death toll reaches 132 in Baghdad bombings

"Government officials said al Qaeda militants or remnants of Saddam Hussein's former supporters were likely behind the attacks."

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Remnants of Saddams government? LOL. Yeah right. That's reaching for straws. How stupid do they think the Iraqi people are.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Wow those are some pretty serious car bombs. How come terrorists haven't figured out how to set those off here in the states? Maybe because 9/11 was a lie and the War on Terror is a complete joke.

Or is it any surprise how there's NEVER any US troops or commanders or US politicians or western politicians killed in these massive car bombings?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

they know everything you do already in usa, 911 was let happen.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yeah anytime you have people accusing a specific group so early after such an attack; you wonder what that is about?

Where's the proof?

So far already people have said it was Al-Qaeda, Syria, Bathist Former Saddam guards...

What are the motivations behind these snap accusations?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
hmm find this interesting...i don't get MSNBC here at work...but CNN sure isn't broadcasting a thing about this...but the "big bad" FOX news is...what will the white house say about that?

before i get flamed on fox...i know they are bias..but shouldn't something like this at least warrant a breaking news at the start of the hour on cnn?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I dont have a TV so all my news comes from the web.

CNN.com appears to be all over the story as much as any other site as of yet.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

fair enough..i should've checked that out first.

but i still contend that it deserves a blurb at the top of the hour...i mean..the balloon boy story was talked about over and over and over and over again at the top of the hour for a few days...in fact..when i switched to CNN, balloon boy was the first thing on.,.but whatever..that is off topic...sorry.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

That sounds like a perfect example of why I quit TV.

TV news is just the news they want to tell you, when they want to tell you, split up and bordered with commercials for stuff we dont need.

Half of local TV news literally makes me sick. Stories about bake sales, lost dogs, and bicycle ordinances. LAME

Want some hard hitting global news? Try Al Jazeera for a really global view of news. If there is a massacre in Africa, or a coup in Asia etc etc you will hear about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

So far already people have said it was Al-Qaeda, Syria, Bathist Former Saddam guards...

What are the motivations behind these snap accusations?

Maybe because they are extremist nutjobs willing to blow themselves up in order to make a statement, enjoy virgins, and die a martyr??????

Just because "they" may not be responsible for 9/11 -- does not mean these are sane, rational people.

They can still be extreme religeous psychopaths WITHOUT having to blow up the World Trade Center.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join