It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oct 24th-28th Window for Doom Thread (Updated by the Minute)

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hazelgreen

They've been paying folks in Iraq for eight years.
But not the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Anyhow, I just thought that part was, shall I say interesting, considering the fact that nearly immediately following this news, Taliban "militants" overran a UN Building and killed three UN workers...

NOW THIS is a novel event.
How much would you be willing to wager that this will carry significant implications across the world?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
i think the emergence of swine flu as a major topic of conversation is the shift. everyone i know is talking about it now. it has already happened. similar to october 8th, 2008 when everyone was talking about depression.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
so these threads are going to become the centerpiece for ats i see

really glad everyones crying wolf

its going to be quite the day when he actually shows up and eats all of the stupid sheep including the fear mongering ones involved in crap like this

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Well, tomorrow is the 28th. I'll be on the flight line before lunch. The window of doom will shutter by and this folly will come to a close. Much to the discredit and disgrace of all of those"seers." Nothing happened.

This may well be true of 2012 as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
From the start of this thread until now, all I have heard in the news on T.V. is Swine flu, H1N1, national emergency, swine flu, H1N1, vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, more swine flu. In the meantime, it comes in the mail, H1N1 on the front page of the newspaper, and in a "know how to prepare for the H1N1 virus" pamphlet.

Somewhere in there, though, in the beginning, there was a story about a whole bunch of banks going bankrupt in the states.. and I also remember a story recently about how the secret services are lacking and don't adequately protect Obama, so therefore he is vulnerable to assassination attempts. personally I thought at the time all the banks going bankrupt would constitute more of a "national emergency".. but I guess that's Obama's decision. Meanwhile, the secret services is telling us via CNN that if you want to kill the president, now is a good time.
Pretty much all my other current news updates have come from here, I believe... and they have been some interesting ones, too.
I think that just because we haven't actually heard about anything extremely "doom"ish, doesn't mean it hasn't happened and they haven't told us. The news looks so strange lately...

[edit on 28-10-2009 by elocin]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Whoa whoa, let's see how the UN hostage situation or the temple on the mount fiasco turns out before we speak so prematurely.

I'd say both of these are very novel and would work for TimeWave's defense. Not WebBot, though.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Reddupo]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I think today is the day when TSHTF in some big way.

Just a gut feeling. :shk:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
elocin

they've been closing a few banks every week now since the beginning of the year, maybe not that long. as it stands now, it's still less than what it was for the last down turn I think. although that could change by the end of the year.
this last week had more banks than usual though.

I've been watching and listening, and searching, I haven't ran into anything that caused any dings to go off in my head as to what it might be...maybe one little one over the temple mount event. but the headline initially read that caused the ding led me to believe that the stormed the mosque. which isn't what happened...if it had, I would have said that was it...

guess we'll all have to wait till things play itself out, and come back later and we can all point to the one thing that happened during this time as being it...only we'll all be pointing to a different one...
unless of course, something happens today...

got a feeling it won't though.

on a side note, I had a really nifty dream that has left me optimistic about this whole thing.....
a change is coming, a really cool, neat change!!!
it's all prearranged!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
OP, thanks for setting up this thread. It makes sense to me that if an event occurs within the given time frame that might have major repercussions in the future, then it's a good idea to log any reports of happenings that could be related to this.

From my reading within several ATS threads on this subject and material in other places as well, it seems that the key thing here is an aspect of "novelty". That is, whatever "it" is (if "it" exists or happens at all), then it needs to be something way out of the norm. It must be something new, original, hitherto unknown... Novel.

Reports of trouble in Jerusalem are not out of the norm, neither is fighting in Afghanistan and those regions (nor Lebanon vs Israel problems), not even fighters taking UN hostages (or killing UN personnel), landslides, earthquakes, storms, floods, meteorite impacts, potential or actual bridge collapses, bank collapses, other financial collapses, trouble with banks going offline... Not even assassinations of presidents or other leaders are "novel".

Now, if NASA had got their rocket launched on time yesterday at the very first attempt, then that would've been novel...
(Sorry. Couldn't let that go without some comment...)

Seriously though, there is nothing that has been posted in this thread thus far that would truly qualify as novel. We can turn things this way and that and try and claim such-and-such an event as being pretty novel, but that doesn't make it so.

One the surface of it, it appears that this event -- whatever it is -- would need to be something that would make most of us sit up and say "Hey, I've never heard of anything like that before," or even just "What on Earth does that mean?"

However, it could well be that an event which occurs at this time might appear rather run-of-the-mill in terms of the way we have been largely desensitized to human suffering and the ability of humans to inflict suffering on others (in the name of their country, their religion, their politics, their money...whatever), but it could be the catalyst that precipitates a novel event at a later time. Such was the case with the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand in June, 1914. That in itself was not novel, because assassination has been part of the human scene as long as we've had "VIP's". But within a couple of months, it had served to precipitate a new war, one which became known as the First World War -- and that concept (of a "world war") was pretty novel.

The use of atomic weaponry in the closing days of WWII was also "novel"...horrendously so...

So as I see it, the OP deserves thanks for starting this thread, because while none of the events reported so far are truly novel in and of themselves, one of them (or a combination!) might lead to something later that is novel.

The naysayers who have made their statements here have their own perspective on this, which is clearly different from that of many of us. That's fine. We need varying perspectives. But we also need to acknowledge that just because we don't get a jaw-dropping "novel" event right now, we don't want to be caught totally unawares by a possible chain of events that could lead to one. History is littered with people who were surprised because they didn't see the writing on the wall or else they saw it, but didn't want to read it and take it on board as something worthy of note.

Just my 2c.

Mike

Edited for typos.

[edit on 28/10/09 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...
A car bomb ripped through a crowded market killing 90 people, wounding 200 in Pakistan's city of Peshawar on Wednesday, just hours after Washington's top diplomat arrived pledging a fresh start in sometimes strained relations.

www.google.com...
Four rockets ready to be fired at Israel were discovered by the Lebanese army on Wednesday

[edit on 28-10-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
spaceweather.com...
MYSTERY OBJECT: Yesterday, astronomers in Arizona, New Mexico and Spain, all hunting for near-Earth asteroids, discovered a "mystery object" orbiting Earth. Temporarily named "9U01FF6," it is small and in an elongated, 31-day orbit. Experts say it is probably a piece of an Apollo-era Moon mission. We'll get a closer look on Oct. 29th when it zips past Earth about 82,000 km (0.2 lunar distances) away. Advanced amateur astronomers can find it using this ephemeris

www.spaceweather.com...
The sunspot has been crackling with minor C-class solar flares since it emerged a few days ago. Magnetic fields around the spot have been growing more complex, making stronger eruptions increasingly likely. NOAA forecasters estimate a 5% chance of an M-class flare in the next 24 hours. Stay tuned for solar activity!

Also being discussed on ATS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.thundervisionrecords.com...
We have the responsibility and possibility to change the destiny, we have our weapons, and what is most important WE ARE MORE... And we are not talking violence; our weapons are meditation, sacred ceremonies, and the thought of millions of people, the amazing power of mind, creating the harmony of love, respect and spreading conscience. We can create conscience in others, we can speak, write and demonstrate that it is necessary to stop the destruction, the contamination, that we have to stop being accomplices and that our voice should be heard, that we should write to the media, to the people that run the governments, for we should remember that they are public servants and not owners of the countries, and if they receive millions of letters and e-mails, they will have to give us their attention, but lets just remember that violence is not the answer, do not look for the answer on the intellect and the strength, the answer is in the power of your heart...

Another critical Bridge closing
www.rutlandherald.com...

www.forbes.com...

www.wcax.com...

www.cnn.com...
SNOW: Adams is the CEO of biotech Protein Sciences, and uses insect cells and not eggs to make vaccines. The company doesn't yet have a license to make H1N1 vaccines. But his company isn't the only one using different technologies.
ALAN SHAW, CEO, VAXINNATE: This is the equivalent of about 100,000 eggs.
SNOW: Alan Shaw's biotech firm VaxInnate uses proteins and bacteria.

www.aquasoul.com...
Over the course of the next few days the Scorpio Sun Squares Mars now in dramatic Leo (exact on Oct. 29th) - violence, assaults on leaders, takeovers, and states of emergency may make the news expect also to hear about accidents, conflicts and hot temperatures marking weather anomalies.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
OMG DID YOU SEE THAT!!!...OH IT WAS NOTHING...AGAIN

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...
GMAC Inc., the lender that received two government bailouts totaling $13.5 billion, is in talks with the Treasury Department to receive a third lifeline

stocks continue downward slide..

Dow 9,844.46 -37.71 (-0.38%)
S&P 500 1,053.19 -10.22 (-0.96%)
Nasdaq 2,084.54 -31.55 (-1.49%)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet (This thread is so long!)... But perhaps this may have something to do with this discussion:

LHC re-awakens

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HunterKiller

very much so.... the fact that the LHC has been restarted in this timeframe could be very significant and is without a doubt one of the most important things that has happened.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...
NASA finally launched its experimental Ares I-X test rocket Wednesday

money.cnn.com...
Surprise drop in new home sales

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gutterpus
spaceweather.com...
MYSTERY OBJECT: Yesterday, astronomers in Arizona, New Mexico and Spain, all hunting for near-Earth asteroids, discovered a "mystery object" orbiting Earth. Temporarily named "9U01FF6," it is small and in an elongated, 31-day orbit. Experts say it is probably a piece of an Apollo-era Moon mission. We'll get a closer look on Oct. 29th when it zips past Earth about 82,000 km (0.2 lunar distances) away. Advanced amateur astronomers can find it using this ephemeris

Thanks for heads-up. Now, that is potentially very interesting as it could be a novel event (if it's not just a piece of space junk or an uncharted small asteroid). (Star for your post.
)

Edit: Just wanted to add that as the actual report is date Oct 27, 2009, then "yesterday" means the object was discovered on Oct 26.

(End of edit.)

If any members want to follow this story, member "squiz" has started a thread for it: Mystery Object Discovered in Earths Orbit

Regards and thanks again for informing us of this,

Mike

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Can you edit your first post with all the recent stuff
its sucks going threw 30 pages

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blankduck18

Not sure that TheCoffinman can edit that first post now. There's a time limit on doing edits. But if you want to read all his own posted information, just click on "thread" at the bottom of any of his posts, and you'll get all the posts he's made in this thread.

You can do that for any member on any thread, in fact.

Regards,

Mike

Edited to write the OP's name in full.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blankduck18

i will give a run down of relavant events tonight at the end of this last day.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join