It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

keeping my kid home from school 10/26/09.. R U?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by emsed1

Well it did start already with the Military and FBI in Puerta Rico for the oil refinery explosions...

Yeah funny how that story got conveniently swept under the carpet.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

1 day of school wont hurt nothing i dont blame you one bit things are weird lately

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well.. not to stir the pot... but solar flares are kicking up. UGH
spaceweather

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0148eed5970b.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 10/24/09 by emsed1]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Any flares at the sun now (25th) won't reach earth for a couple of days.

Even the huge one in 1859 took 18 hours to reach earth, so one would have to flare up right now to reach us by 6pm on the 26th.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

aww man

I was hoping to be the one to call it... oh well

Plenty of time for more doom!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
So...being a regular ATSer I have read all these different predictions and prophesys warning about something BIG & NASTY happening on next Monday.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

[edit on 24-10-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

thats fine and all, and you are well within your right to do anything you please, BUT

HOW MANY of these - THE SKY IS FALLING - ITS ALL OVER - THIS IS THE BIG ONE!!! predictions have come true? I can literally point to 2342456 threads ON THIS VERY SITE that have ALL been shown to be overblown BS.

the bored 20 something in me would like to be proven wrong, but I dont get paid until friday so I hope all is well throughout the land, haha.

Peace

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
erm...you should realize that somewhere there is someone saying the world will end tomorrow...no matter what day it is.

If you are going to pull your kid from class everytime someone predicts a bad day, your kid will never see school.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
So...being a regular ATSer I have read all these different predictions and prophesys warning about something BIG & NASTY happening on next Monday.

I listen to C2C also and have heard plenty of dire warnings about the same date.

Hi RG,

Ok, I honestly say this with nothing but kindness and earnestness in my heart ...

I believe you are interpreting the wrong message from your "intuition."
As in ... the message here is: take a break from ATS and C2C, not keep your kid from school because of what you read here and heard on the radio.

Please, take a step back, a deep breath, and listen to what you are saying:

I do not particularly subscribe to ANY of these doom & gloom predictions, but....WHAT IF something does go down?
Just WHAT IF?

Please realize that these kinds of thoughts are seeds of many things not good ... a horrible fear based way to go through life. Today you're keeping your child from the outside world, where do you thing these thoughts will lead to in a few months?

What will happen will happen, someone on ATS and across the interwebs makes a doomsday prediction for every minute of every hour of every day ... sure enough, sooner or later one is bound to come true, but it won't be for any apocryphal insight from the author, just the bad luck of the draw.

Please please reconsider this line of thought ... madness (not the good kind) is just around the corner.

The suffering that it will bring to your life and to those around you far exceeds ANYTHING that might happen on Monday.

Not to mention that "what if" disposition makes you disproportionately vulnerable to insurance salesmen.

[edit on 24 Oct 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

lol fair enough.

Despite my skepticism that anything will happen, it's still very admirable of you to protect the family.

[edit on 24/10/09 by Chadwickus]

I agree that it is VERY admirable to protect your loved ones as the OP is trying to do. However, and I mean no disrespect to the OP, I would not try and feed my family propoganda about the doomsday predictions. I am no psychologist but I don't think it sounds good for children with large imaginations!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well if thats all it takes for you to take your kid out of school is some crap posted on the internet about the end of the world, then if i was him and wanted a day off id hop onto the forums you visit make an account and start posting some good doom senarios. Then id wait for you to read them and say, "Well guess whos staying home tomorrow.!"

No dissrespect but my opinion, and only my opinion but seems a little over the top to me. But then again I dont have kids, so what do I know.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

When I was in high school, I loved days like that. Staying home, playing halo.

When I was a senior, I did it pretty regularly.

Anyways, I'm going to school (college now). Only one class on monday, and if something really bad goes down, I'm withing sprinting distance.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Dear OP,

Haven't you watched all the movies about this? You have to become separated from your kid when TSH the fan, so that you can then go on some epic journey through Armageddon, defying biblical tribulations and reunite with your child at the end.

If you keep your kid home from school, then there is no fun in that. No story to tell. Boring.

Let your kid go to school so you can prove yourself when the @#%! goes down Monday.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have had my son (7) home since Thursday since he has had the flu...(H1N1) who knows, not going to take him to the doctor either. Plenty of rest, fluids nad my homemade chicken noodle soup seem to be helping him along, I am seriously thinking of homeschooling, this world has gotten just too crazy!
(Hi Helena!)

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by minniesoda

OI! I get an MRI on the 26th...hmmm....
Goodbye cranial Implant, Ive always hated you.....

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Oh damn it I only just started a new Job and hoping for a full pay this Thursday and WTF the Worlds going to end tomorrow.
Hopefully I can reincarnate again in another time zone and collect that pay thats owed to me?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by minniesoda

OMG Minns you found me

This is my SECRET identity so shup

Originally posted by drsmooth23

HOW MANY of these - THE SKY IS FALLING - ITS ALL OVER - THIS IS THE BIG ONE!!! predictions have come true? I can literally point to 2342456 threads ON THIS VERY SITE that have ALL been shown to be overblown BS.

TONS is my answer. Ive been here a long time and I bet longer than you

This is the first time I am doing such a thing lol.....to many variables about this Monday IMO ..........thanks for your worry about me however

All of you END OF THE WORLDERS above......I never once claimed that in ANY way hahaha

I said something BIG might happen........I even specified earthquakes or yellowstone going kaboom. Did not say EOTW.
Not once did I claim the world was ending Monday.

Its to weird the webbot has something unknown coming at us on Monday and the USA is already planned a bank 'holiday' for this day.....and THATS enough for me to smell something fishy.

Anyway I am asking IF ANYONE ELSE is doing this....not 'how many of you wanna jam words down my throat"

[edit on 25-10-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
You know what, I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping your kid at home for one day. I say this because I realized on my first day of college that I didn't learn anything relevant in high school, and thus we were taught everything over again.

One day won't hurt him. When I was in k-12 we got every second Friday off.

On the flip side, if he DID go and something happened, one day MIGHT indeed hurt him.

Maybe he can take out the garbage while he's home? Ha.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Your thread caught my eye because my two youngest adult children have asked me to keep their children at my home on Monday and a granddaughter of mine has asked me to keep her two -- and all because independently they decided that October 26 th would not be an ordinary, safe day at school. None of them knew of the Timewave information or the other predictions -- they get upset when I speak too much about such things. Nevertheless, they just had a deep, gut feeling that the children needed to stay home.

I suspect there are going to be forced swine flu shots at schools in the USA and Canada and that may start this Monday.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Why would you take your kids out of school based on a prediction or any BS you read on a discussion board on the internet? None of this stuff ever comes true. In fact, I will be worried the day that someone on ATS doesn't say the world is ending tomorrow or aliens are going invade, or the NWO is going to bbq us for one big feast.

I am not saying this to be hurtful or malicious, but maybe you should talk to your doctor or a clergymen or a psychiatrist about why you are doing this and get some feedback from them on the wiseness of your decision.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
no offense but i would truly recommend some counseling or some study into psychology

it may be a harmless decision at this point, but it may also lead to worse situations for you

to truly get nervous about things like this from ats is a bit overboard

in all my years here, i must have seen at least 100,000 different doom and gloom predictions for a specific date, all of those dates have come and gone without incident

i understand your concerns, but on any given day, something MIGHT happen, yet you still allow your kid to go to school

all i am saying is dont take things on this site too seriously, its a site for the paranoid by the paranoid for the most part, and it is definitely a site that is more concerned about upholding a image then truly denying ignorance

even if you have your own fears or concerns it may not be best to project them and involve your children in them, it can end up blowing up in your face as they grow up in that type of environment

if you are that concerned, set up some meeting places for you to find each other god forbid something ever does happen

you yourself said you have prepared with bug out bags etc

so you have really done all you can, now you just must go on living your life, with knowledge that something MAY happen, but do not allow yourself to be consumed by this thought

mainly what i am trying to say is that, right now, it may only be this one day, but if you do it today, next time it happens, you'll be more apt to do it, then you have the potential to get into a vicious paranoid cycle worrying about leaving the house because you dont know what tomorrow may bring

that type of thinking is not only not healthy for you, nor is it healthy for your children to witness

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join