It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Men Who Stare At Goats : Secret Missions, Movies, and Propaganda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think the level of reality involved in actual events here vs. reported events makes the comedy angle a much better approach anyway. Sometimes the Grand Mystery is not nearly as conspiratorially fascinating as it seems. Especially when primary source of info is just one person bragging of an allegedly cosmic past.

I've seen enough of McMoneagle's stuff to take him seriously, but the remnants I've seen from the teeeeeeny unit featured in this source don't make me give it much credit beyond mostly historical revision and wishful thinking. But I love psi stuff and conspiracies, so why not! I like psi in media, I support all of it. And hell, I'd pay good money to watch Clooney recite the phone book. So I'm not complaining!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

It looks like this will be a "comedy, loosely based on a book."

For example; the scene in the desert where the journalist and remote viewer were shot at (presumably in Afghanistan) never happened in the book. Nothing even close to that nature happened in the book!

The movie should be entertaining and I would love to see it. . But, what an injustice. .

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

I agree the movie should be quite good and I look forward to it.

The things that we do not know are bought with our money would amaze people.

It would also piss those same people off, and I'm not talking the illegal stuff.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

It looks like this will be a "comedy, loosely based on a book."

For example; the scene in the desert where the journalist and remote viewer were shot at (presumably in Afghanistan) never happened in the book. Nothing even close to that nature happened in the book!

The movie should be entertaining and I would love to see it. . But, what an injustice. .

This is why I watch the movie, after I read the book, because there's usual discrepancies, alterations, and plain Hollywood lies.

Cover-ups, conspiracies, and conglomerates, they hide in plain site.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
don't know if this has been posted yet...

but there used to be somethign caleld stage6.com which was made by DivX, and they had high def quality video that would download and stream faster than youtube... and people would put so much stuff up on that site.. but it was taken down abruptly..

anyway on there was a documentary called "the men that stare at goats" .. and it was interviews with the head of the CIA and head of delta force ops or whatever.. and interviewed the guys at fort brag i think it was..

was suprised to see that people hadn't heard of that documentary...
looks like it was made in the late 80s early 90s.

but it was long..and full of details

one interesting thing to note is that ...

the more successfull yhe guys were at killing animals by staring... the more damage was done to their own hearts.
and eventually the main guy died of heart failure after awhile..

so it "costs" people to do this sort of thing.

i wonder if the opposite is true... say.. to stare and heal someone/something..
if that in turn heals your own heart as well...

just thought i'd put it out there.

-

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Interesting theory you postulate there.

Got any links to provide further background information?

Just wondering about it now.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Actually the top secret program for supersoldiers goes back to the days of the Vietnam war. Under Project Talent which was an acknowledged MK-Ultra Program , the first batch if you will , of supersoldiers were being developed. www.projectcamelot.org... The following is an interview with Duncan O'Finioan and Dave Corso in an interview with Project Camelot back in 2007.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

That is an awesome find.

I will watch the video when I have more time.

It is interesting and I just wonder if this all goes back the Phoenix Program.

That sure would tie up a lost of loose ends, and it connects and dovetails to 9/11 as well.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Interesting theory you postulate there.

Got any links to provide further background information?

Just wondering about it now.

actually a quick google search shows nothing but the current version of the produciton....

can't find anything about that documentary i saw.

but trust me there exists a documentary made like 15 yrs ago about the exact same thign.. but like.. an official documentary about everything that has to do with it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I believe you about the documentary.

Try checking on Youtube using different search words.

It's hit and miss sometimes, but every now and then, wham, you find it.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hey guys, I found that documentary by Mark Ronson. It's called "Crazy Rulers Of The World," a three part Channel 4 special. The official Channel 4 link with information about the show is below.

www.channel4.com...

I found it on You Tube, because I remember seeing it awhile back but couldn't remember it. Here's the first link:

www.youtube.com...

The rest are around the first link. It has five links. Wow, watching some of it again, this is some kooky stuff the Defense Department is investing in. Hopefully, this helps in seeing the truth of the story rather than the comedic version from Hollywood. Below is a video about Bill Channon, and the man who commanded the program, and who I think Jeff Bridge's character from the film is fictionally based on. However, I have not seen the film yet, and that is just initial observations from seeing Jeff Bridges character in the trailer.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Jake51, thanks for posting the video.

Any other thoughts on the thread, over all?

Keep on rocking those threads out.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by Jakes51

Jake51, thanks for posting the video.

Any other thoughts on the thread, over all?

Keep on rocking those threads out.

Well, I thought you brought up many good points at how mainstream media uses propaganda as the general public remains ignorant of it all. They are kind of in a lull when watching the drivel that appears on the news or has recently made its way off of Hollywood's assembly line. It is subliminal messaging plain and simple. It is a means to subdue and placate the general public about the bigger picture.

They want their viewers to see things on the surface rather than digging to see what lies beneath. I see the MSM and major motion pictures as a control apparatus. I have always thought that way, you may think what you are watching is saying one thing, but actually, it is saying something else entirely, but subconsciously. Kind of like one of my favorite movies and I am sure it is on many ATSer's lists as well.

I see what is going on today like what director, John Carpenter, was trying to convey to America during the eighties about the hidden world behind President Reagan's White House, and that things aren't what he and his administration would like everyone to see. I am alluding to the movie "They Live." An awesome movie, and way ahead of its time. Instead of it being ET's like in the movie, we are dealing with hidden individuals with hidden agendas as well. Some call them the Illuminati, NWO, Masons, Bilderburgers, financial elites, and other shadowy individuals, but the premise is the same as the movie. A premise of a world within a world. Very cool thread and I think you are hinting at one of the biggest psy-ops in human history, and it is unraveling before our very eyes. Here's a clip from "They Live."

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Exactly, Jake51, it's deflect, re-direct, edit, move around, shuffle those cards.

Like a giant game of Three Card Monte, or the Shell Game, with three shells, and a pea underneath it, they move the shells around, and you're supposed to guess which one the facts are under.

Meanwhile, the slight of hand goes on, and you never noticed that they pocketed the pea.

I wrote a hard-hitting thread about that back when I originally got here on ATS, but it did not garner much attention.

Not sure if it was the crowd back then I was posting to, the timing of when I posted it, or if I was just a new member, or what, but I'll dig it up and post it here.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Saw the film; would not recommend it. What I DO recommend, though, is the story of REAL men who stare at goats:

www.youtube.com...

...from the Paranormal Matrix television show.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by MrHajji]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm glad someone posted this. I literally just got home from the movie. Loved it by the way. And I really wanted to get what I took from the film, off of my chest.

For those you have yet to see the movie, go see it...don't read this.

Amongst the laundry list of hysterical insights into the underworld of psyops covered, the on this that hit me like a ton of bricks...the Eye. Present in a number of scenes the symbol that we all know and love, the all seeing eye on top of the pyramid. Now obviously most readers of ATS will recognize the symbol, however there are millions of unknowing movie patrons who are about to be subject to this movie's explanation of "The Eye". George Clooney's character Lyn is the military's best psychic soldier, the man who kills goats. Lyn has a tattoo on his chest, this tattoo is of course the eye. We later learn that this is the symbol of the "New Age" soldier movement (the exact title of the group escapes me). This new age group is explained in detail, a quick summary is that the government is leveraging the concepts of the new age to end worldwide conflict, using super psychic soldiers.

Now where I'm going with this, and I feel like some of us are growing ever suspicious of it, is that the "New Age" is not something bred from flower power, indigo children, or light-workers. It is simply a covert operation developed during the 60's (arbitrary date) to introduce a new religion. One which can rise from the chaos of which they knew our society would inevitably would ultimately fall into.

We are in an age where we have been provided new technologies and possibilites that can not be controlled through tyranny and oppression. The world has simply out grown fascism, and if we can see this, then you know who else can...

Knowing that we need to be controlled by thought forms and propaganda is nothing new, however we seem to have only awakened partially. Stop and ask yourselves, Are we the sheep? Not the general population, us - ATS'ers and the like. We has been given thought forms, we are asked to feed this new religion of doom. To practice the teachings of the new age personally, to recruit the sleeping to our way of thinking. So where does this all lead, what are our solutions? Oneness, to mold ourselves with the collective, the new age is all about touching the ether realm. This is a religion, don't tell yourselves otherwise. And as far as I can see, it is the unifying religion we have been prepared for. What will be it's trigger point? Who knows, but it will come, we will "rise up" eventually- stop our current ways, experience love, just like the endgame in "Goats". When this happens - we will have a world religion, a one world understanding, just the thing we have always feared. Yet we will likely be the ones to bring it about.

The New Age is coming. Are you ready to become a Jedi?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrHajji
Saw the film; would not recommend it. What I DO recommend, though, is the story of REAL men who stare at goats:

www.youtube.com...

...from the Paranormal Matrix television show.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by MrHajji]

Thanks for posting a comment.

Thought it was a waste of money?

That means I'll go to the matinee.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverSlaves

I had a feeling the Eye of Providence, or better know as the All-Seeing Eye would pop up in this movie.

I am excited to see the movie but I see through the smoke and mirrors, the propaganda, and the lies sold as truth, honesty, and the American way.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Eye of Providence

The Eye of Providence, or the all-seeing eye, is a symbol showing an eye often surrounded by rays of light or a glory and usually enclosed by a triangle.

It is sometimes interpreted as representing the eye of God watching over humankind.

In the modern era, the most notable depiction of the eye is the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States, which appears on that nation's One Dollar bill.

I am certain I will enjoy the movie but at the same time I know the All-Seeing Eye is nothing but a scam on society, bent on enslavement through indoctrination, the R.F.I.D. chip, and access to information.

After all, information is power, and when power is in the wrong hands, it can and will be corrupted.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
just thought i should add these stills from the movie

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Just saw the film today (finally!)

Actually loved it.

Even though I know the film is loosely based on the actual events, it wasn't that bad of a flick.

There was an air of seriousness in the theatre, not a single laugh from anyone.

I cried at a few points because they actually broached the subject with some degree of dignity. Yeah, you might say I'm a sucker for feel good movies - but hey - it's what I needed at the moment.

Spoke to my father about it and he told me of an old friend of his who had a PhD in Parapsychology from Purdue and a remote viewer, and my father and his friends would be out on lunch breaks and come out with ideas to see if their friend could "pick up on it" - 9 times out of 10 the guy was accurate - responding with (quote) "Honestly guys. Why do you do this to me?"

Thought it was a funny story, and kind of along the lines of military humor most civilians don't often hear about.

Anyway - Happy Goat is very happy. Cute film.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d9a7a5347e6.jpg[/atsimg]

*edit - Big Brother demands spell check.

[edit on 11/15/09 by GENERAL EYES]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join