It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asia plans to ‘lead the world’ by 2015 with EU-like bloc of nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
rawstory.com...

The 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) wants an economy that will "lead the world" by 2015. To these ends, the group has commissioned a study on the feasibility of wrapping some of the world's most populated nations into a "freed trade zone" bloc not dissimilar to the European Union, according to published reports.

The Asian leaders, who are meeting in Thailand, said the association would tie together the ASEAN nations and regional partners "China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia and New Zealand," the BBC reported.

Odd, I never thought of Australia and New Zealand as Asian.

Wow, this coalition of the willing will be something to contend with.
I wonder if the fast track toward NAU and the Amero are now on the front burner?

I have a few bucks in BRICK but I may have to shift some to ASEAN.
I wonder how Uncle Sam is going to react to all these new financial powerhouses?
NAU could be to little to late.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Doesn't it remind you of 1984? Eastasia, Westasia?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Of course! But the question is when will they do the depopulation?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The phrase "plan to lead the world" may be a poor mistranslation of something like "plan to become a world-leading [noun]." The phrase "world-leading" is quite popular in translations of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. There is a big difference between saying you are going to be *a* world-leading institution and saying that you are going to be *the* world leader. Since no equivalents to "a" or "the" exist in many East-Asian languages, its an easy and common mistake.

Just a bit of food for thought; draw your own conclusions.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Nothing new here... move along folks.

This is just the next phase of the original plan. The NWO agenda has always been to cut the globe into three major sections before the final push to the OWG.

It is the TRI in Trilateral Commission, with the other two thirds being the EU and NAFTA.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
A pure monopoly is the most efficient form of a market...

There are some problems with this though. How much of the upper middle class gets destroyed, and how much will the leaders "rob" the people?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I count now 3 threads on the subject?

Perhaps this is a subject with broad implications and needs to be discussed from many different perspectives. I'm reading all 3 threads.

As a day trader the economic trend in the orient directly effects me here in the good ole U S of A.

Slayer69, care to contribute to the thread rather than just keep score?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

For the record i would like to state the people of New Zealand dislike asian's very much and will never agree to anything of the sort.

Not sure about Aussie though.....

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kick Flip
reply to post by whaaa

For the record i would like to state the people of New Zealand dislike asian's very much and will never agree to anything of the sort.

Not sure about Aussie though.....

Unfortunately, as with all of the really important stuff, we, the useless eaters, will not get a say. It will all be done by treaty, that wonderfull invention to circumvent sovreignty.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
John Key stated yesterday that New Zealand won't be part of it.

Anyhow, most Asians hate the Chinese. It wouldn't be a fairly balanced organisation.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Gunter
John Key stated yesterday that New Zealand won't be part of it.

Anyhow, most Asians hate the Chinese. It wouldn't be a fairly balanced organisation.
There has been some really insightfull and common sense decisions coming out of NZ recently. Keep this up and all the expats in OZ will be coming home and bringing and Aussie under each arm.

NZ is a beautiful unspoilt country.... shame about the beer and the weather though...

top topics

join