It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoist the Flag : False Flags, Agent Provocateurs, and Black Box Operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I thought it was about time to speak a little on what exactly a false flag operation is for those on ATS who do not know, as well as some prime examples of them within various places so that people can be better informed, as well as know what to look for when they notice that things are not necessarily adding up.

Quote from Wikipedia : False Flag

False flag operations are covert operations conducted by governments, corporations, or other organizations which are designed to deceive the public in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities.

The name is derived from the military concept of flying false colors; that is, flying the flag of a country other than one's own.

False flag operations are not limited to war and counter-insurgency operations, and have been used in peace-time; for example, during Italy's strategy of tension.

This concept originated in the days of the rising strive for independence from tyranny where pirates were always raising a false flag, of a allied nation and when getting closer to their target they would raise the skull and bones, or also called skull and crossbones flag to terrorize their prey into ignorant action.

In some arenas it is called a covert action.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Covert Operation

A covert operation (also as CoveOps or covert ops) is a military, intelligence, or political activity carried out in such a way that the identity of the sponsors of the operation (the parties responsible for the operation ) is concealed or kept secret.

While the operation may become known to the enemy or the world, covert operations are intended so that the parties responsible cannot be traced, or at worst proven.

At the lowest end of the spectrum is an agent provocateur that is one man, or possibly a team of men who go into a covert action through surreptitious means to gain an agenda that is not usually being conducted legally.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Agent Provocater

Traditionally, an agent provocateur (plural: agents provocateurs, French for "inciting agent(s)") is a person employed by the police or other entity to act undercover to entice or provoke another person to commit an illegal act.

More generally, the term may refer to a person or group that seeks to discredit or harm another by provoking them to commit a wrong or rash action.

Below are some videos of actual acts where people were accused of being agent provocateurs :

YouTube - UNDERCOVER COPS !!! CAUGHT STARTING A RIOT !!!

YouTube - Undercover Policemen accused of inciting violence at G20 protest in London

YouTube - G-20 : Epic Undercover Police Fail

Next are some movies where they have actually been represented in one form or fashion :

YouTube : Die Hard 1 (1988)

YouTube - Die Hard 2 (1990)

YouTube - Die Hard 3

YouTube : World Trade Center Attack Confirmation in 1996
(The Long Kiss Goodnight)

YouTube - 9/11 Conspiracy predicted in X-Files

I felt this topic warranted enough attention all on its own seperate from accusing events of being false flags, black box operations, and individual people as agent provacateurs.

Below are three threads I created (I have several others) that speak on these theories :

(CCHWC)Operation Gatekeeper

False Flag Operator, Become Sheep-Dipped Or Wolf-Dipped, and Become A Puppet Dictator?

Are You "Right-Wing Fringe", or "Left-Wing Fringe" and How Will They Push You

It has as well been suggested that events like COINTELPRO, September 11th, M.I.A.C. Report and various other events are or were linked to one of, or all of these types of events being coordinated behind the scenes.

This is in no way a complete volume of details of these types of events, nor am I stating that these events are directly, and or indirectly linked, nor am I stating the movies provided are direct evidence, but I am however suggesting that you use common sense and as well feel free and join in and contribute to an intelligent discussion on the topic.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Before 9/11 I didnt know false flag events existed so I think its a good idea to let people know they are real and that they do happen today. More than ever, it seems.

People used to think world events were random. Today we see they usually are not.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Before 9/11 I didnt know false flag events existed so I think its a good idea to let people know they are real and that they do happen today. More than ever, it seems.

People used to think world events were random. Today we see they usually are not.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Copernicus]

Thanks for the post.

I knew about false flag operations well before 9/11 because of my love of history, knowing about pirates, but I might not have used the context in the name to explain it due to never having heard the phrase false flag operation.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Cool subject, Spartan! Your topic has been a matter of interest to me for sometime. There are just so many false flags that come to mine. For example: the "Reichstag Fire," "The Gulf of Tonkin," The start of WWII,:

During the night of August 31 a group of German soldiers, dressed as Poles, attack the German radio station in the border town of Gleiwitz. They have brought with them a German criminal, taken for the purpose from a concentration camp. They shoot him and leave his body as evidence of the night's dark deeds.

www.historyworld.net...

the destruction of the USS Maine while in port in Spanish held Cuba which led to the Spanish American War 1898, and, perhaps, 9-11, but the jury is still out on that one.

en.wikipedia.org...

Then there is the official government document pertaining to a false-flag attack called "Operation Northwoods."

en.wikipedia.org...

There is a sinister game going on, and it has been for sometime, by the Cabal pulling the strings from the shadows. Who knows where the world will be when they complete their nefarious plans?

President John F. Kennedy knew something was up, and it appeared he figured out the game being played on the American people. Just as soon as he was illuminated by the truth, he was struck down in Dallas. Speaking of sinister and diabolical ways by unknown foes, I will end with one of my all time favorite speeches. It has given me solace and regret in these dark days before us.

Sometimes by knowing the truth, it can mean a death sentence by those who wish to remain silent and in the shadows.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Jake51, your video is messed up, think you got some of the code incorrect.

If you like this topic you will definately like the thread below as well.

False flag operations, black box operations, and agent provocateurs have always fascinated me.

The Men Who Stare At Goats : Secret Missions, Movies, and Propaganda

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Yep, I noticed that after my initial edit, but the video is up and running. It's a shame that criminals stuck down a man with the kind of authority to ruffle their feathers. Hopefully, another will go at them with the same regard. However, it seems politicians keep getting lower and lower on the courage meter. But that is a topic of discussion for another time. Keep up the good work, Spartan. The game is always on, even on Christmas, and has been on since man learned to make fire. Listen to John Adams explain what it is to have integrity and honesty when doing the business of government on the international stage to King George III. Scroll to time 7:50 and you will see the type of politician we need at that this critical time.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Yes, I agree with you, Jake51, it is a shame they killed Kennedy.

Yet, they want war and strife, as it is causation for them to ask for our money.

Kennedy was trying to shut down so much money, he had to be killed.

The Federal Reserve killed Kennedy because he was costing them far too much money.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Yes, his death doesn't sit well with me, and I wasn't even alive when he was President, but what I have learned about him, I can say the American people lost a champion. He was going after the Fed because they will getting money through ill-gotten means, and any honest man would rail against that kind of conduct, regardless of the consequence. People need to be aware when they are being bamboozled.

The money manipulators are still at play today and they are entering their end game. Where a select few enjoy the warmth provided by the blanket of financial security, where everyone else is put out to pasture and made to live in squalor and worked to the bone with seemingly no progress in sight. It's slavery, but only a new and refined version with invisible chains. But, slavery, non-the-less.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Jake51, it is sad that they killed Kennedy, but at the same time, maybe that's what it would take to make the mass populace finally get out from under their spell.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

Have you seen the thread above?

I have to say that Kennedy was the only President in the 20th Century that I have admired the most, and as well believed in, and basically it boils down to the reason is that they killed him.

If they had not killed him I would probably not have respected a damn President in our lifetime, because of my knowledge of just how that office is filled through political blackmail, clout, and money, not by our representative votes on Election Day in the Voting Booths.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Nice thread, I learned form reading your posts and links, star and Flagged.. with a Bump for new readers..

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka
Nice thread, I learned form reading your posts and links, star and Flagged.. with a Bump for new readers..

Thank you.

I have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.

I love to learn from any source I can and share that here on ATS.

top topics

join