It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The public and the private: New questions raised on being observed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The Internet and cyberspace have been much highlighted as a new means of abuse concerning privacy, from spurned lovers uploading compromising pics of their exes, to locker-room webcams. Understandably, this upsets us very much. And yet, we are happy to believe in omnipotent entities like aliens, angels, spirits and gods who can watch our every move and thought, even in opur most intimate moments, or even just banaly taking a bath or sitting on the loo. Is there any way we can keep God, gods, aliens, ghosts out of our bathrooms? I think our actions and thoughts there should be private, without other-wordly staring/spying. Does anyone agree?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Uh, the internet is a double edged sword. You're just gonna have to take the bad with the good or not take it at all. And I don't care if aliens, ghosts, or God are peeping toms. At least they're not posting it on Facebook.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

It sounds like you got caught doing naughty things.

It really is best to make sure the door is securely locked beforehand, place a banishing Pentagram around the commode and pray to God to close his eyes to give you some alone time.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PontiacWarrior

Not so sure about gods/God. Apparently Everything is written in our "book of life" by Him/Her/Them. As for aliens, I suppose it depends who we think they are and which theory to follow. Some say they are in cahoots with governments, and they can do worse than facebook and destroy careers. Ghosts are maybe more culturally bound, and in the West we don't like to think of them haunting the privy too much. In other cultures it may be their favorite spot. I would still prefer my privacy though, which is undermined by belief in such entities.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Ahh, some practical advice. Yes, the pentagram can be a powerful thing - perhaps one could devise a spell for an on-the-go "travellers" version. I mean it sounds silly, but the British royals apparently carry around toilet-seat covers (and many other people too), so people really do like their privacy there. As for God, I doubt He will oblidge. It would go against His own omnipotent nature to close His eyes for one minute for our call of nature.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Perhaps one could paraphrase and say: "In foxholes nobody likes to be an atheist, but on the loo EVERYBODY would like to be an atheist" (without some entity watching).
Interestingly, the Hare Krishna's keep their books and chanting beads outside the cubicle, in Islam the toilet is associated with the Djin "demon". And honestly, I haven't seen too many Bibles on Christian toilets either. How strange?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Before going into the bathroom, visualize a barrier between you and the the bathroom. You'll also have to visualize yourself inside the bathroom when you do this so that you can actually use the loo or tub and make sure you allow for postive energies who are aligned with your higher good enough advance notice to look away while you're "busy".

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

The Banishing Ritual of the Middle Finger (aka. The Language of the Flipping Birds) also works. It can be performed in the astral realm through strong visualizations. It's very hard to show through verbalization however. It also isn't generally taught to an initiate unless under direct supervision of a Master.

[edit on 10/23/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
or you could go take a dump and not worry about it.

what will happen will happen, no changing it. 13 billion years ago everything began, and now it rolls on despite us.

if you gonna be eaten by a poo hugging ghost, then you will be eaten. spell, positive reinforcement rosaries. nothing will help you. might as well stop worrying and enjoy whatever happens.

obviously anything other than being eaten, i dont think that sounds like fun. but still, no point worrying.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

If we're of the mindset that rude gestures chase away higher, omnipotent beings, then we might as well crap in front of them.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Halfholdman, just drop a deuce and get off the pot already! IF there were omnipotent beings watching your every moment, reading your every thought, well, there's not much you can do. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Interesting for monotheism that follows a "Father" in heaven. You'd never take a dump as an adult before your earthly father, but with the Father in heaven it's OK?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

If we're of the mindset that rude gestures chase away higher, omnipotent beings, then we might as well crap in front of them.

LOL. It's raised higher by bringing the mental state above the level of the profane. It's a visual representation of one's rising above the mundane, standing out from the tormented chaos of the everyday. It represents the strength of lifting one's self toward a higher state of being. It represent the middle path, the path of balance, the pillar of mildness.

It's about the mental state. Like attracts like. If the minds associates it with the presence of entities, it most likely will bring them in.

And so, to look at what appears overtly negative in a positive light is in fact the proper comportment. In what I'm saying I am taking a light-hearted approach and having some laughs at my own expense as well since I have have indeed had thoughts like yours.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PontiacWarrior

True, if so, there's nothing one could do.
But my question is: why do certain people worry about surveillence when they espouse a fundamentalist styled paradigm that happpily claims God is watching them all the time? I just want to question this paradox.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
As far as the internet goes, well you might as well forget privacy, its the world wide web, open to everybody. Nothing is private. I dont really know what the internet and your bathroom have to do with it though, unless your putting a web cam in your bathroom, if so, thats your fault.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
reply to post by Hazelnut

The Banishing Ritual of the Middle Finger (aka. The Language of the Flipping Birds) also works. It can be performed in the astral realm through strong visualizations. It's very hard to show through verbalization however. It also isn't generally taught to an initiate unless under direct supervision of a Master.

I LMAO at that! Thanks for the chuckle. I wonder if that can be done in cyberspace. I've felt like it many times.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

The Internet and cyberspace have been much highlighted as a new means of abuse concerning privacy, from spurned lovers uploading compromising pics of their exes, to locker-room webcams. Understandably, this upsets us very much. And yet, we are happy to believe in omnipotent entities like aliens, angels, spirits and gods who can watch our every move and thought, even in opur most intimate moments, or even just banaly taking a bath or sitting on the loo. Is there any way we can keep God, gods, aliens, ghosts out of our bathrooms? I think our actions and thoughts there should be private, without other-wordly staring/spying. Does anyone agree?

If you don't think about aliens, angels, spirits and gods, you can # (oops, I mean sit) on the throne to your heart's content. Remember, these are all mental creations. You don't create, you can do whatever you like with your body.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Perhaps one could paraphrase and say: "In foxholes nobody likes to be an atheist, but on the loo EVERYBODY would like to be an atheist" (without some entity watching).
Interestingly, the Hare Krishna's keep their books and chanting beads outside the cubicle, in Islam the toilet is associated with the Djin "demon". And honestly, I haven't seen too many Bibles on Christian toilets either. How strange?

Actually, all though i find it strange, my extremely religious aunt(too religious if you ask me) has a bible and a jesus cross on the wall in her bathroom. I don't mind dropping a big ol' deuce while its in there, i could care less. I'm not all religious anyway.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Stumbled upon lots of sites that show webcam footage that doesn't seem voluntary at all. Neither in my eyes is it comfortable to subscribe to beings as "neutral" who watch us all the time, and do anal probes (looking for samples, I suppose). But so far, it's the only the open-minded people with a sense of humor who have replied. No real "believer" in these "wonderful beings" who always "watch over us" has replied on how they deal with it. It's all good though! Food (or excrement) for thought, I guess.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I do consider it in the same vein as watching a dog go potty. There's no real judgement about it on my part. From my experience, at times the dog seems embarrassed to have me staring and so I politely turn away and give him or her the requested space.

The situation in the universe right now hardly seems such that it's the biggest concern for higher entities. I really doubt they're interested. It probably goes straight to the Akashic Records so that you can judge yourself on your performance when that time comes.

As below, so above.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join