It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hungry? No Ammo? How About A Slingshot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Take a little advice from a master:

You might want to consider a blow gun. My son's friend hunts rabbits with them and is a dead eye.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Consider it considered.

Hey...why would anyone want to hunt rabbits? Bastages.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yes I agree. I have 2 wrist rockets with those little metal ball ammo. I figure I may use it for small game, in survival mode.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Great idea. How often these simple solutions elude us. I do believe I will be picking a sling shot up in the near future .... just in case.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
A slingshot if used correctly can be a very dangerous weapon. If you have enough rocks or metal BBs you could defend yourself pretty well. I will never forget when I was hit from about 40 yards with a metal ball that was shot from one and the pain was incredible.

Yes, it is a forgotten tool...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Rufus is badass lol

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Whoa that guys a gun with that thing

I had a nice sling shot once , I had it for less that a month and the cops confiscated it

Pulled me over for a random drug search n stole it off me .
How can they confiscate something that isn't illegal

One like this it was
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d37578597474.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Great video. The trick is practice. Constant practice. Otherwise it's pretty much useless. The wristrockets without the folding handle don't pack very well, I can vouch for that. Get the folding stock model so it matches your AK that you have run out of bullets for

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Takka
Whoa that guys a gun with that thing

I had a nice sling shot once , I had it for less that a month and the cops confiscated it

Pulled me over for a random drug search n stole it off me .
How can they confiscate something that isn't illegal

One like this it was
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d37578597474.jpg[/atsimg]

why you getting randomly searched for? no reason no access! id tell em what they could do i would go get my slingshot back too or sue them

[edit on 23-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Ah well that was couple of years ago now , they blocked off the whole highway n were searching every car that drove along .
Even had the drug dog climbing around in my car with its dirty paws over everything .
They said someone had been shooting cars with a sling shot , was asking me questions trying to figure out if it was me or not .
It wasn't but that was their excuse .
Dunno what its like where your from but cops can go trough any car they like here .
Bs i know

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Takka]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wanna hunt big game with a slingshot? Check out Dave Canterbury's channel-this guy has a wealth of information for everyone in the "Survival" forum. Hes also gonna be on a Discovery channel show pretty soon.
www.youtube.com...

Edit for being an idiot

[edit on 10/23/2009 by Golgotha]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

OMG, that's all that went through my head watching that video, the mans a deadly weapon with that thing! I've never liked slinshots for survival kits because once the elastic is dead you don't have a weapon. Still i guess it's worth having one around as backup, good for shooting birds.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golgotha
Wanna hunt big game with a slingshot? Check out Dave Canterbury's channel-this guy has a wealth of information for everyone in the "Survival" forum. Hes also gonna be on a Discovery channel show pretty soon.
www.youtube.com...

Edit for being an idiot

I want one! I'll be watching those videos for days now!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'll stick with a .22 rifle.... Federal 550 round pack prices went up to $16.00 at Walmart.

So, I can still get 5,500 rounds for $160.00 or so plus tax.

Running out of ammo will not be a problem for a very, very, very, very long time.

ee.ar15.com...

If you want something bigger.. Mosin Nagant Rifle cost about $100.00

This shoots the big 7.62x54 which is similar to a .308 in size.
www.frontierfirearms.ca...

Ammo still pretty cheap ... 880 rounds for $169.00

www.sportsmansguide.com...

So less than 300 bucks for the whole set-up.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Great thread. A slingshot would make a great secondary/backup weapon, when ammo is no longer available. The only weak spot for the slingshot are the elastic bands. They wear out and do not hold up well for long periods of time. I would suggest buying some replacement bands to keep stored in a dark place so the rubber does not break down.

Ammo for the slingshot is not usually a problem. While the metal balls do fly much better and inflict more precise damage, in a pinch you can us a rock or any mostly round hard object. You can even shoot a piece of scrap glass or metal from one.

You will definitely find a slingshot in my bug out bag.

top topics

join