It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother in law just died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hi all,

My husband just called crying because his mom died 10 mins ago.
She had dementia, and stopped responding to people about a week ago. Yesterday the docs said she only had a couple more days, she wasn't responding to pain either.

B's friend died the other day of lymp node cancer and spread through his body, he then had a stroke because his nephew fell on top of him and both went down stairs as he hit his head twice on the steps.

He's really hurting right now, his friends funeral was today and his mom dies right after, please pray for her safe return home, as well as his friend.
I'm absolutely devastated right now.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I wish I could say something that would make you feel better but you and both know there is nothing really, so I will spare you the bull#.

Just remember atleast they won't have to suffer anymore. Free of this world, atlast.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thanks Lyseric,

The real bummer was when he went to see her today before she died, but he was too late.. She was already gone.

At least their both at peace now and she's reunited with her husband.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Great Scott, what a terrible time for you guys. There isn't much that can be said or done, but I am sure this community will be sending positive thoughts your way.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
Great Scott, what a terrible time for you guys. There isn't much that can be said or done, but I am sure this community will be sending positive thoughts your way.

Thanks Spectre I hope so too...

Your a good egg.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Im so sorry to hear about, truelies.

Ill be sure to pray for you guys.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I know how it goes. My wife's dad died just a few months ago after a lengthy illness. What made his sickness so horrible is he would have periods of dementia, but would be just fine other times. You would never know what to expect. She was fortunate to get to the facility just in time to be with him before he passed on. Pure luck, she was just on her way over for a visit. That was painful in its own way, but it did help with a sense of closure.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Thank you Illusion, means alot to me. I pray for your dogs safe return as well.

Spectre,
What luck. Definitely closure and good timing. I wish Brian could have gotten there on time.
He left his friend's funeral and then drove over to see his mom, but luck and time weren't on his side, so he got no closure. I'm going to have to give him a big hug when he gets home, he's filling out paper work at his sisters house now.

I prayed for her return home since he nor his sister are religious. I believe in j.c, and thats the only way you can enter is if you believe and repent. And I don't think she got to repent before she died so i'm really trying to get her there.

Peace out.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There is little I can say that hasn't already been said.
You are going through a painful time and for a while it will appear the pain will never end. But it will. In time you will both be able to remember the past with fond memories. There will always be an emptiness in your hearts from this time, but the pain will ease. Right now it hurts so much you won't be able to believe things will get better. But it will. In time. And I know it's a cliche, but I have found it to be true.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
TrueLies, I'm sorry about your hubby's Mother and the pain you and your family are going thru right now. My prayers will be with you all.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear anytime someone losses someone because there is really nothing that anyone can do to ease the pain. I will remember you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers. The only peice of advice I have to offer is something my grandmother used to say all the time when anything bad happened.

"This too Shall Pass"

Basically meaning you won't always grieve you will move on.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thanks guys and gals,

I'm not as upset anymore as he probably is, he's still not home from his sisters house.

I'm not upset because i'm trying to think of how much better it is for her now. She's gone from this empty shell like Matt is, and their spirits are in heaven.
Amen.

Thanks Again...

new topics

top topics

join