It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian FEMA camps?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Has anyone seen any or know of Canadian FEMA camps.
I live in London,On which has a substantial Army Barracks within the city but outside the city there's nothing but farmland.

Close Military bases in Ontario are in Barrie and Trenton AFB and CFB Borden.
I don't think any could hold people.

London's Pop. is 450,000 Canada's 33million
where are you going to put all of those people?

Will the US interfere and take over our precious and baron forest land?

Or will Canada remain a free country thus making it a desirable place to refuge.

Back to the days of the Underground Railroad, Windsor,On

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Dude

There's only 350,000 in London. I too am a resident.

No camps here, army barracks are run down and in bad condition.

Let's not get silly.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DazE777

Not saying that it's true but wiki says 450,000 Metro
I misread it again
dammit

i see the london sign every day too

en.wikipedia.org...

got too carried away with #'s

The Barracks just got an Uplift a couple of years ago though.
See the parking lot full of vehicles.
Maybe it's just for the officers.
Dodge magnums, sebrings, gm trucks....etc

[edit on 09/28/2009 by ontariocanada]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Does FEMA even have jurisdiction here?

line 2

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
FEMA in Canada?

Dude, what are you smoking?

FEMA is a US government organization. Why would it even care what it happening in Canada?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by superrat

That's what I thought. I did a quick search on google and there are a ton of people claiming camps are here blah blah blah.

What a load.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

I gotta agree FEMA is not a Canadian agency. However, in Alberta we have the Alberta Emergence Management Agency. I'm sure you have something similar in your neck of the woods. Wether or not AEMA has has the same shady agenda as FEMA is still up for speculation.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

I'm on the Trenton base once a week at least and haven't seen any evidence of camps on the base or anywhere nearby.
As for our cousins to the south pouring over the boarder in a SHTF scenario I would think most people would head south insteed of trying to figure out how to live of the land up here in a climate that is not very user friendly .

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Canada shall remain untouched from the vile hands of FEMA... you, good people gave us Molson... and the Stanley Cup... and Rush. I think you're safe

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

Thanks for the sentiment Legion but... I remember a thread here on ATS about an agreement between the US and Canadian military that allowed either country to cross the border in support of the other should circumstances dictate

see Canada US agree to...

we are just along for the ride... except we have more places to hide

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Interesting... I'd heard of Northcom's STOs with joint military excercises with Canadian regulars but this one little tidbit eluded me. Not that I'm ignoring the possible abuses of such an agreement, but it said it would be at the discretion of civilian authorities on both sides of the border as to whether or not the other's military would even be used in the event of a civil emergency. Still though, it does make one wonder...

My original point remains. You gave us Molson... and the Stanley Cup... and Rush (hence the 2112 on my screename). By those virtues alone Canada should be considered hands off.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Awesome guys i like to think we canadians dont take no b.s
edit on 7-3-2012 by ready4heaven because: weird swear censoring china thing

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
sounds like you are takin bout Owen Sound
oooops, I thought you said "cramps"

most places in northern ont you just have to garrison a couple hiway junctions and the whole place becomes a fema camp
didn't they do something like that during ww2 - a way out in the bush POW camp

German prisoners of war who spent much of the Second World War in a Manitoba logging camp purchased mail-order items from the Eaton's catalogue, kept themselves impeccably groomed and even staged "temporary" escapes into the nearby countryside.

Those are just some of the findings of a three-year archeological dig in Riding Mountain National Park, located about 300 kilometres northwest of Winnipeg, where the Whitewater PoW camp was located.

Adrian Myers, a PhD student from Stanford University, has been leading the project since 2009, when he first arranged an agreement with Parks Canada to access the site which had sat neglected and abandoned for decades, little more than a few overgrown foundations still visible.

The site was once a bustling wilderness work camp housing about 500 people. About 450 German Afrika Korps soldiers were sent to the camp after their capture in October 1943 during the Second Battle of El-Alamein in Egypt. They were kept at the camp until October 1945.

www.ctv.ca...

edit on 7-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join